• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

EekTheKat

Met someone that took this game way too seriously - when the game I hosted was just me messing around testing weapons and loadouts. He was literally barking fairly obvious orders over voice chat, and was fairly stressed out throughout the entire mission despite the team having 24 lives due to bringing the extra lives booster.

New planet is hilarious though - had one mission with like 6 or 7 active chargers just pinballing people all over the place. The mech was the great equalizer though once I got enough breathing room to actually summon one.

Interesting thing about the mech summon - the dropship actually shoots a few times on the way to delivering the mech, much like during an extraction. A mech summon can get you a few free auto cannon shots on mobs chasing you.

With how aggressive people are taking this game by kicking people playing weapons that are not the meta, I'm inclined more and more to just randomly host open lobbies to just let people. Sometimes, 4 people taking the same loadout meta loadout is significantly harder than a team that brings stratagems and gear that complements each other.

Currently, the autocannon is my workhorse though. It seems to be a fairly solid pick across a whole bunch of missions due to its capability to efficiently close nests.

Last edited:
I really wish that after my teammates kill me I could see my equipment and samples on the map so I could go get them. I'm getting a little frustrated with my teammates lately.

Topher

Gold Member
Is it possible to change the minimap so you are always pointing the same direction and the map moves instead? I'm constantly having to orient myself to the map.

Luipadre

Ok im gonna stop joining randoms, because these fuckers kicks you out if you die like 2 times. Super fucking frustrating.

Reactions: Isa

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Last night we dropped in the middle of at least 15 of those fat bugs that spit fire, and at least two of the one that are heavily armored than ram through you. It was insane.

Crm114

Would like to see some variety with the terrain /planets at some point. There’s differences in weather, temperature, flora and fauna but they all feel very similar for the most part.

Maybe get some caves and some small cities with accessible buildings on some of the planets

Last edited:

John Bilbo

I am nearing 60 hours of play time. I got the feeling I'm almost done with this game. I've unlocked almost every stratagem and tried a variety of loadouts.

It has been a fun ride. Maybe I'll come back after a while. Definitely when the third enemy faction drops.

Aion002

This thread made me buy this game...

XRHDD4L.jpeg

I hope I don't regret it....

Game is fun but really broken, at least PS5. Social menu doesn’t work at all, I keep getting the same tutorial pop ups over and over. My character stutters when trying to walk straight. and I have to choose my load out over and over every mission.

Paltheos

My friends and I had a rough night. On one of our difficulty 7 missions, we drew a map with 3 stalker nests.

I'm a Las-16 Sickle whore now.

Same as of tonight. The Breaker had been ol' reliable, but the consistency on the Las is way too good for a primary. No ammo/reload is great.

GymWolf

Got kicked out for the first time yesterday because i punched a dude off a cliff while he was doing the hug emote in front of a huge explosion, but at least he made me complete the mission and get the reward before kicking me, i swear some people have some screw loose.

Buddy stood at the edge of a cliff to call in a 500kg bomb. I punched him in the back of the head and ran. He tumbled down, the bomb landed close enough to him, and BOOM! Dead friend. No screaming. No anger. We both nearly pissed ourselves laughing.

8jpxil.jpg
I had a similar thing with my buddy where we were doing a kill insects mission. He was standing on a cliff shooting down at them and I snuck up behind and and punched him off. He didn't know what happened but he fell all the way down into a swarm of them and started diving and running to survive. I was struggling so hard on the mic to not bust out laughing. I confessed after the mission was over.

SCB3

Got kicked out for the first time yesterday because i punched a dude off a cliff while he was doing the hug emote in front of a huge explosion, but at least he made me complete the mission and get the reward before kicking me, i swear some people have some screw loose.
I mean you are? You started that lol that being said I'd have laughed it off and got revenge instead of kicking, thats more fun

GymWolf

I mean you are? You started that lol that being said I'd have laughed it off and got revenge instead of kicking, thats more fun
The dude that i punched was pissing his pants off from laughing , the dude that kicked me off probably had some other reason :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Trolling squadmates and laughing is half the fun in this game.

Run-M-Run

Is this any fun if you don't have any friends to play with? Is everyone using a mic or or not? Seems like a fun game but man I haven't played multiplayer or online coop games in such a long time.

GymWolf

Is this any fun if you don't have any friends to play with? Is everyone using a mic or or not? Seems like a fun game but man I haven't played multiplayer or online coop games in such a long time.
Yes it is, the community is wonderfull.

About the mic, usually if you speak first, other people are gonna turn their mic on sometimes.

It's just crazy to me they are dropping new content without any notice. Crazy and very cool.

I was on the new planet (is it new?) Fori and just encountered the flying bugs. Everyone in the squad (randoms) was like "WTF?!?".
Just great to discover new stuff like that, without knowing beforehand in patch notes or trailers or whatever. Love it.

(also in that same mission I got hit so hard by a charger coming from just out of my view that the game instantly froze. >_<)

Varteras

Gold Member
It's just crazy to me they are dropping new content without any notice. Crazy and very cool.

I was on the new planet (is it new?) Fori and just encountered the flying bugs. Everyone in the squad (randoms) was like "WTF?!?".
Just great to discover new stuff like that, without knowing beforehand in patch notes or trailers or whatever. Love it.

This is something I've wanted to see happen in live service games, like MMOs, for a long time. Not having everything scheduled or announced in advance. No where to go look for timers when the next cool thing happens. Just having these seemingly random things happen. Stuff just being added on the fly. Having in-game buildups. Making new things feel dynamic. Organic.

Even if it's clearly planned behind the scenes, it gives a sense of a living world. You just log in one day to run some missions and the next thing you know, you're discovering weapons or vehicles on the map no one knew about. Enemies you've never seen before coming out of nowhere to throw all your strategies out the window. A new objective suddenly available just when you were getting bored of all the old ones.

Just when you think you know what the game offers, it slaps you awake. The best part is that before you even realize it, the game will have become something much greater. More robust from all these little things filtered in over time. You're not being forced to wait for some seemingly arbitrary date to experience a whole package of new stuff only to be disappointed when you gobble it all up.

Top Bottom