• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Luipadre

Warbond is out and there are 6 new ship upgrades aswell

3vKLSMz.png

cVo9bmm.png

XZu8bWW.png

KValk2E.png

AssnPs2.png
eWCabZY.png

DelireMan7

Warbond is out and there are 6 new ship upgrades aswell

3vKLSMz.png

cVo9bmm.png

XZu8bWW.png

KValk2E.png

AssnPs2.png
eWCabZY.png

Perfect timing.
Just maxed everything few days ago. I was a bit sad to not care anymore for samples.

Let's go back to samples hunting !

EDIT : Wish they add an module for Mechs. I want upgrades for them. Probably coming after several mechs/vehicles are released.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
This. I always try to hug after a intense mission. Its a sense of comradery. And just plain funny at times.

I'll tell you this. If I'm really about to be fired from orbit, in a tin can, to the surface of an incredibly hostile planet where my odds of survival are just a hair above zero... fucking hug me. Grab my ass. Whisper in my ear that you're glad you met me. Because we're all seconds away from a gruesome death. If we survive, do that shit again.

I'll tell you this. If I'm really about to be fired from orbit, in a tin can, to the surface of an incredibly hostile planet where my odds of survival are just a hair above zero... fucking hug me. Grab my ass. Whisper in my ear that you're glad you met me. Because we're all seconds away from a gruesome death. If we survive, do that shit again.
The dude is probably gay-to-be and doesnt like it. :D

Ill be hugging again tonight during Hellbombs, explosions and whatnot. It's a digital way of saying "We're in this together and I got you fam!"
Some people make a big deal out of nothing...
Video Games Hug GIF by PlayStation

Last edited:

Luipadre

The first new gun sucks ass, what a shame. I thought its gonna be an AR, but its a marksman rifle with huge recoil, tiny ass 25 bullet magazine and you only get 6... Trash weapon

The first new gun sucks ass, what a shame. I thought its gonna be an AR, but its a marksman rifle with huge recoil, tiny ass 25 bullet magazine and you only get 6... Trash weapon
Yea, tried it and died with it. Are any of the marksman rifles good? I want to like them, but ... meh?

DelireMan7

Jumping in this weekend. Have heard nothing but good from my friends and what I’ve read about the devs is great.
Video Games Hug GIF by PlayStation

Honestly I am still surprised how good the game is doing. Completely deserved despite all the crashes around release.

Gameplay loop is just so fun and all the new addition keep the thing fresh.

Welcome to the Helldivers !

The Eruptor is bugged so that the explosion can occur behind the gun and ragdoll you into enemies when firing it. It's also basically useless unless your goal is to use a machine gun support.

GymWolf

Its okay. I think it will be decent againts bug swarms and closing holes. You need to be super precise, its only 8 ammo and there is almost 0 splash dmg
Yeah closing holes is the major utility, 8 ammo are enough to completely close every holes group, with granades usually you can only close half of them.

Luipadre

We were doing the new mission, everything is going smoothly, we got 5/8 missile launched and they didnt even reached the second gate. All of a sudden mission failed. Somehow a Hulk dropped near the gens and it destroyed them while we were fighting at the second gate... nice

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Look forward to trying this stuff out when I get back on. The XXL Weapons Bay, Eagle totally didn't need that upgrade lol. Then you have Enhanced Combustion on top of the fire buff. Unless they're taking some of this into account, that's crazy! At least in term of the bugs, they're definitely not going to like this.
hd2.png

Belthazar

Did this patch increase enemy spawn rate? I've played couple of bot missions and couple of bug missions and it seems like it.

Love me that grenade pistol. Been running incendiary breaker, grenade pistol, stun grenades, flamethrower, supply pack, rocket pods and 500kg against bugs. It feels great, spamming that stun and fire but still have something to pop nests with. New ship upgrade for the flamethrower just melts chargers. I only wish it was still possible to stun titans but oh, well...

Did this patch increase enemy spawn rate? I've played couple of bot missions and couple of bug missions and it seems like it.
Yes I think it did. Yesterday was a total waste of time trying to play.

- 1 match with a toxic host who killed everybody right before extraction after 40 minutes of grinding.
- 5 matches where I spawned with nothing to do but make a beeline for extraction which failed 3 times due to the countdown (WTF)
- 2 matches on Hard where like 8 dropships came simultaniously during extraction countdown resulting in us getting totally raped by Automatons. 4 Hulks, a handful of Devastators, a swarm of Berserkers and an army of Striders.

One of my teammates was a very polite Indian guy, but at extraction he sweared like a damn pirate because of pure anger and frustration. It would have been funny if I wasnt cussing at the screen myself.

It was too much. We had 15 redeploys left and all armed to the teeth with Stratagems but there were WAY too many enemies to take care of. End result: No more redeploys, 2 dead teammates and an out of reach extraction shuttle.

During the entire game it was a breeze and all of a sudden during extraction it felt like the difficulty had been dailed to 11+

We all agreed it must have been a bug or something because for every 5-6 killed enemies another dropship would appear.
Hell I even ragequit and called it a day. I ALT+F4'd that shit. Twice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom