• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

[Sigma]

Back to mopping up these bugs for now.

Eagle Air Strike
Eagle 110MM Rocket Pods
Quasar Cannon
Dog Rover
Breaker Incendiary
CE-74 Breaker Armor

Be having them bugs screaming.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member

Eagle Air Strike
Eagle 110MM Rocket Pods
Quasar Cannon
Dog Rover
Breaker Incendiary
CE-74 Breaker Armor

GIaZ14CawAAbl0P

Eagle Air Strike
Eagle 110MM Rocket Pods
Quasar Cannon
Dog Rover
Breaker Incendiary
CE-74 Breaker Armor

Since the last 2 weeks have basically been the entire bot campaign, I finally unlocked all the good shit and now I have new things to test out against the bugs. Been running the following gear and it's pretty awesome for everything except heavy armor (easy to drop one slot for an EAT, or a teammate who takes care of armor). I focus mainly on closing bug holes and crowd control. Spamming the Breaker Incendiary and GL grenades with Supply Backpack means I never run out of ammo, and the orbitals are for cleaning out an entire bug nest before going in myself to finish things off. Very easy to sub out one of the orbitals for an EAT, cluster/napalm eagle, or turret depending on the need.

B-08 Light Gunner Armor
Breaker Incendiary
Redeemer Pistol
Incendiary Grenades

Grenade Launcher
Supply Backpack
120mm HE Barrage
Orbital Laser

Little Mac

For any new players ... there is a 250 cap on medals. The game doesn't tell you. I was saving up for the new war bond coming out in 3 days and just realized I wasn't receiving medals from personal orders and missions.

Last edited:
For any new players ... there is a 250 cap on medals. The game doesn't tell you. I was saving up for the new war bond coming out in 3 days and realized I wasn't receiving medals from personal orders and missions.
hd2.png

Why would they do this? Im also saving up for the Explosive Warbond but putting a cap on medals is not very Democratic in my book.

This message is under moderation by the Ministry of Truth

STARSBarry

Gold Member
hd2.png

Why would they do this? Im also saving up for the Explosive Warbond but putting a cap on medals is not very Democratic in my book.

I mean... I guess, I feel like 250 is a nice balance because I can get the new weapon on page 3 unlocked, but also have plenty more cool stuff to earn by playing during that period.

I'm still playing even though I'm capped on everything, but I feel like 250 is a nice amount to get you started on getting the key parts of the pass, I just wish you got exp for everything you picked up once you capped, like maybe 15 per medal, 1 per req, 3 per sample, 5 per rare sample 10 per super sample for example.

Just something small as I need 7500 exp per level at rank 74 just to go up a level.

Last edited:

yurinka

It is a great game but the arrow button presses for strats really are only there to piss you off as you are getting ass pooched by 2 enemies. Not needed. Damn you PC players with button mods.
If there would be only 2 enemies... sometimes I got wrecked by two dozen who cornered me somewhere while I was getting to get ammo, call a stratagem or respawning a mate xDD

Imagine if the Illuminate attack during the Total Solar Eclipse.
If Sony has a showcase in late May/June I think they'll announce there and very likely release them that same day, plus also the release of some related weapons or armored vehicles particularly suitable to fight them.

Or in case they get released before, then I think they'll announce there a big Automatons and Terminids comeback.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I have a question, does every gaas game get literally everything spoiled by leaks like hd2? like it is common for destiny or diablo players to know everything that is gonna come in the game via leaks?

Took a bit of a break while getting into Rebirth. But this game definitely has that quality that I can jump in even just once a week for a single operation or something, and it's not overwhelming with how much you missed like other GaaS games. Don't need to relearn how to play and all of the systems of the game. It has a simplicity to it while always being great to play. Really feels like an evergreen game that will just be a permanent fixture in the Steam top 10.

Didn't even mention that you can still drown in medals while hardly playing if you log in every so often. You'll just get 50 medals every time when the rest of the playerbase completes the major orders.

Very excited for the new Warbond coming this week (new primary weapons are the most needed thing rn) guessing this becomes my main game again for a bit when it does. Can't wait to see what they have coming to replace the Automatons.

gatti-man

I have a question, does every gaas game get literally everything spoiled by leaks like hd2? like it is common for destiny or diablo players to know everything that is gonna come in the game via leaks?
Mostly. The only way to not be spoiled is actually avoid it. To be fair Arrowhead has never dealt with the massive amount of attention HD2 is getting. Its around 10m copies sold at this point? They are in rare air.

It's how they market the game. Leaks are basically incorporated into the lore now and designated as leaked/faulty intel which the ministry of truth tries to cover up. The online community happily goes along with the roleplaying. Even game bugs.

OA9ZrOt.jpg

I feel like HD2 is way worse than most gaas games. The only thing that makes sense is that Arrowhead released the game sitting on 6 months to a year of content(which is awesome), not thinking that it could easily be detamined.

I don't remember any other AAA GAAS where you could hack yet to be released content and play it in game. I'm sure it's happened, but I think this is a consequence of Arrowhead and Sony not realizing how big this game would be. I'm guessing the leaks die down in the near future when the initial content runs out

Last edited:
as long as your game is on PC, there will always be leaks and data mines. I feel the way they handle it is pretty good. just make it into the greater story of sorts and let ppl have their fun.

This game makes me want to go to a LAN party again...

Dont know why but no other game made me think back to the good old LAN days. This game just screams it. Imagine slapping your teammate over the head in real life for dropping an orbital laser on your support drop or just laughing out loud.

GOD I miss those days......

Oh and:

First Cheat Engine scripts are here. I hope people refrain from using this. God mode in HD2 will be SO obvious.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Came back after a 2 week hiatus and...the tutorial messages bug that keep repeating and the character personalization that keeps resetting are still there ? Why/how ffs ?

Remind me to never get a GaaS game week1 ever again

Came back after a 2 week hiatus and...the tutorial messages bug that keep repeating and the character personalization that keeps resetting are still there ? Why/how ffs ?

Remind me to never get a GaaS game week1 ever again
Eh? Maybe reinstall? I have 0 issues here on PC. Only had 1 lockup in all my sessions of playing.

Luipadre

Patch 01.000.202
Hello fellow Helldivers!
Piping hot fresh patch notes coming your way

Overview
This update includes
  • Stability fixes

Gameplay
  • We have updated the stats UI for weapons to take into account any explosive damage done by them. This is to give weapons that do damage with explosive projectiles a more fair representation in the UI. Most notably affected is the PLAS-1 Scorcher.

Fixes
Crash fixes
  • Fixed some crashes that occurred when deploying to mission.
  • Fixed some crashes that occurred during extraction and right after it.
  • Fixed crashes that could occur if the squad deployed a large amount of support weapons.
  • Fixed various crashes that could occur during gameplay.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when using heat based weapons.
  • Fixed crashes which could occur if a player died while using the jetpack.
  • Fixed crash which could occur when large volumes of enemies were present.
  • Fixed crash which could occur when the player picked up a snowball.
  • Fixed crash which could occur when completing an objective.

Other Fixes
  • Fixed hang that could occur while navigating the social menu.
  • Picking up Medals and Super Credits will no longer lock the player in place.

Hopefully no more crashes

Patch 01.000.202
Hello fellow Helldivers!
Piping hot fresh patch notes coming your way

Overview
This update includes
  • Stability fixes

Gameplay
  • We have updated the stats UI for weapons to take into account any explosive damage done by them. This is to give weapons that do damage with explosive projectiles a more fair representation in the UI. Most notably affected is the PLAS-1 Scorcher.

Fixes
Crash fixes
  • Fixed some crashes that occurred when deploying to mission.
  • Fixed some crashes that occurred during extraction and right after it.
  • Fixed crashes that could occur if the squad deployed a large amount of support weapons.
  • Fixed various crashes that could occur during gameplay.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when using heat based weapons.
  • Fixed crashes which could occur if a player died while using the jetpack.
  • Fixed crash which could occur when large volumes of enemies were present.
  • Fixed crash which could occur when the player picked up a snowball.
  • Fixed crash which could occur when completing an objective.

Other Fixes
  • Fixed hang that could occur while navigating the social menu.
  • Picking up Medals and Super Credits will no longer lock the player in place.

Hopefully no more crashes
Glad they FINALLY acknowledged the blank Friends List glitch. Although it was fixed for me with the pre-weekend update.

SCB3

Yep, I have a bunch of X accounts and reddit accounts blocked for Destiny for example, I used to read them but it really distracts from the game

Robots are back in a new sector. New biome too with acid storm
Fuck you for beating me to it. :D

Just saw it in the fb group..... The Valdis sector popped up.

Welp, for freedom, liberty and democracy I guess..... *Suits up* See ya there!

Hell Yeah Victory GIF by PlayStation

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

It is a great game but the arrow button presses for strats really are only there to piss you off as you are getting ass pooched by 2 enemies. Not needed. Damn you PC players with button mods.
Dude. Typing strategem commands whilst running can be done. I do it..throw a sentry ahead of myself then let it do the damage. Whilst running (pressing with left thumb) use next finger on L1, move right thumb to left stick, use thumb to type strategems. Good luck!

Bond007

Havent played in about 3 weeks.
Picked up right where i left off and had a blast rocking with the same three random's for a few hours. Great game

Top Bottom