• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Varteras

Gold Member
Whoever Diseased Yak is on Steam, I'm sorry! I was waiting on a couple friends. We have a 4-man squad we plan ahead for. I'm not sure if you're from this forum but I love you. Don't take it personally! :messenger_blowing_kiss:

So has anyone yelled "LEEROY JENKIIIIINS!" while playing this game?

Ive played a billion hours in this game and am yet to do it.

I'm going to finish my lunch and join a game and say it like every 30 seconds or so
Many times before diving in a bughole because im always out of grenades....

Mobilemofo

Many times before diving in a bughole because im always out of grenades....
I didn't know you could jump in the bug holes. Interesting. Imma start doing that straight away. 😅

Also, I've started using the thermite grenades. They are ace for bug holes, even tho they take ten years to go off.

Last edited:

stickkidsam

Devs have been toying with the idea of underground missions, but handling friendly fire in small spaces would be difficult, stratagems that rain down from the sky wouldn’t work, and i’m not sure how Helldivers would be recalled either in that environment.

I’d love to see them have a go at it. Maybe those could be exclusively upper level missions to prevent people new to the game hopping and getting frustrated. Hell, make it a special “raid” mission type that doesn’t get paired with 2 more.

One day I’d like to see a cross over with Deep Rock Galactic in Universe. Then we could have stratagems drilled into the caves. A legendary alliance between the DRGC and Super Earth? I think it could work.

Tams

I'm struggling to enjoy this.

I don't why I expected different, but it just seems like another brown shooter with convoluted controls.

bender

What time is it?
I'm struggling to enjoy this.

I don't why I expected different, but it just seems like another brown shooter with convoluted controls.

When it hits, it gives off the pure joy of the lovechild of EDF and L4D but it wore out its' welcome much sooner. Once I completed a few rounds on the hardest difficulty level, my urge to play dwindled.

[Sigma]

Alright, I finally used the CB-9 Exploding Crossbow. I think it's my favorite primary now. It's so much fun(along with the little subtle feedback you get from DualSense). That and R-36 Eruptor but I think I like the crossbow even more.

Last edited:
This weekend was SHIT for me. Seems like a stroke of bad luck.

- Most matches I enterererd were in extraction phase. So I drop in and had to run straight to extraction. Good for quick XP but no fun.
- It seems like the difficulty is all over the place. I played multiple matches on Hard with smooth sailing all up until extraction. Then the game just tossed wave after wave after wave of enemies. 6 dropships back to back along with an army of Hulks and gunships is just Helldive difficulty in disguise.
We hit extraction multiple times with 15+ reinforcements left. Only to be raped at the end. Happened way too often.
- Got kicked during the extraction cinematic 6 fucking times after completing the mission 100%
- Loading took way longer than usual.
- Got teamkilled more times in 2 days than 2 weeks. Morons not watching out and just dropping an Orbital right on my head when I clearly said to NOT engage.
- Want to call in a Hellbomb for your towers? Yeah they all either sunk into the ground or straight up didnt respond to inputs.

Good part:
- On a hard mission we had a lag spike which caused 2 members to leave. I was left with 1 random but we somehow managed to complete the mission 100% Took out Gunship towers, all bot fabricators, side missions, the lot. It was an epic standoff right up until extraction.

Oh and 1 gripe about the Gunships/ Gunship factories. The gunships drop like fucking flies but spawn too often when close to a gunship factory. Want to call in a Hellbomb? Gunship zeroes in on it and blasts it as soon as it lands.

Only way to take it out is with 2 people at least. One to call in the Hellbomb and 1 to destroy the Gunships as soon as the Hellbomb lands (since gunships dont spawn immediately. This leaves enough time to detonate the bomb and get the Hell out of there) And if I'm playing with randoms they wont help half the time.

Last edited:
I didn't know you could jump in the bug holes. Interesting. Imma start doing that straight away. 😅

Also, I've started using the thermite grenades. They are ace for bug holes, even tho they take ten years to go off.
Yes you can. You can do a Leroy Jenkins and jump in it. It should blow up.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yesterday it was the first time that i was killed by a squad member on purpose.

I swiftly returned the kill and then we were ok with each other :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Yesterday it was the first time that i was killed by a squad member on purpose.

I swiftly returned the kill and then we were ok with each other :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
I had one blast me when I accidently ran into the line of fire. Got hit with a single Autocannon shot.

He went "sorrysorrysorrysorry you can kill me" so after I spawned I ran up to him and he said "Do your worst".
I ended up hugging him and we went on.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Considering getting this for PC, but have tons of questions:

I guess so, but... is there still a lot of people playing? Is the game getting updates still?

Does it have crossplay with consoles? I have a few friends playing there.

How's the community? I've played EDF 5 and something I loved about that game is being able to just jump into multiplayer with some randos and all being good vibes, from the voice communication to the songs and dances and the overall feel of being welcome.

Also... do people use voice chat in multiplayer? I don't like that and would rather use premade voice messages like in EDF, if possible.

I guess so, but... is there still a lot of people playing? Is the game getting updates still?

How's the community? I've played EDF 5 and something I loved about that game is being able to just jump into multiplayer with some randos and all being good vibes, from the voice communication to the songs and dances and the overall feel of being welcome.

Also... do people use voice chat in multiplayer? I don't like that and would rather use premade voice messages like in EDF, if possible.
- Playerbase is steady and/ or growing
- Weekly Major Orders and frequent QoL improvements (new weapons, biomes etc)
- Crossplay between PC and PS5
- Community is great fun generally. It's almost like 90% of the community are now method acting. Calling doubters Traitors or enemy sympathisers or enemies to Democracy etc. It's great!!!
- There is a comms wheel and text chat option if you don't like using a mic. I do use one and lots of people communicate using the comms wheel or text chat.

It's all very lighthearted and so much random stuff happens during the game that will make you laugh. Being the ragdoll physics, an ill placed Stratgem blowing the shit out of a teammate, etc, etc
No session is the same.

Lots of players willing to help newbies out. Im one of them. Casually going to Easy difficulty and letting new players try different support weapons and explaining the mechanics and such.

Not buying the game will be considered treason and will be reported to the Democracy Officer!

Just watch the intro to get a good feel of how over the top and satirical the game and its message is.

join-helldivers-hq-v0-hxv7vzxbxfkc1.jpeg

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yes to anything you asked basically.

Large player counter
Regular updates
Friendly community
No need for voice chat, you can aim to enemies, ammo, etc. And click a button to point out stuff to the team and you have a wheel with basic voice commands.
It has crossplay with ps5

Yes to anything you asked basically.

Large player counter
Regular updates
Friendly community
No need for voice chat, you can aim to enemies, ammo, etc. And click a button to point out stuff to the team and you have a wheel with basic voice commands.
It has crossplay with ps5
This (what I already mentioned) and I think this is the most fun I had in multiplayer in YEARS!!!

Takes me back to the Good ol' Ghost Recon days where teamplay and communication was priority for success.

It's just crazy to me they are dropping new content without any notice. Crazy and very cool.

I was on the new planet (is it new?) Fori and just encountered the flying bugs. Everyone in the squad (randoms) was like "WTF?!?".
Just great to discover new stuff like that, without knowing beforehand in patch notes or trailers or whatever. Love it.

(also in that same mission I got hit so hard by a charger coming from just out of my view that the game instantly froze. >_<)

I do agree just doing new stuff like that without notice is a good idea.

Varteras

Gold Member
This is pretty much what happened to me the other night. Level 7 difficulty run for super samples. My friend who is carrying them fucks off to a nest while we're trying to extract. I had no idea what happened to him. Only that he lost the samples. So I ran to retrieve them. This was me returning to the extract...

[Sigma]

Hmmm I only managed to unlock Hard so far. Guess I'll have to play at least one Operation and then advance to Extreme and do 1 there too.
Since they only spawn from level 7. Got my work cut out for me.
It's now available on Challenging and Hard difficulty also. I checked it a while ago. On Hard difficulty I think you face two of them.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I guess TintoConCasera is Guille21?

GymWolf GymWolf no I don't think so. Found 2 Gymwolfs on Steam. Made a guess which one it is....
DO NOT add GymWolf GymWolf . I repeat, DO NOT add him. Or be prepared to get unsolicited dick picks in various crotchless Helldivers suits. :messenger_unamused:

Some of them were very nice though.

Add me instead: TheHeisenberg007 on PSN for Eva Elfie photos.

DO NOT add GymWolf GymWolf . I repeat, DO NOT add him. Or be prepared to get unsolicited dick picks in various crotchless Helldivers suits. :messenger_unamused:

Some of them were very nice though.

Add me instead: TheHeisenberg007 on PSN for Eva Elfie photos.
Hmmm I think I found Gymwolf's Helldivers suit:

Managing Gaymocracy!

I'm a brave soul. I can handle it. I already added him. fml.

I cant add you by name. Im on PC so i'll need a friendcode....

Last edited:
Whoever Diseased Yak is on Steam, I'm sorry! I was waiting on a couple friends. We have a 4-man squad we plan ahead for. I'm not sure if you're from this forum but I love you. Don't take it personally! :messenger_blowing_kiss:
Diseased Yak Diseased Yak Varteras Varteras Looks like someone wants to apologise.

OT: Some info in how the clearing of planets work.

You have to complete Operations completely. A lot of people usually leave after 1 or 2 missions but this destroys the process of liberating planets.
Every non-completed Operation counts as a victory for the Terminids or Automatons.

So lets say you start an Operation. After 1 or 2 missions people start leaving. If you're the host DONT cancel the mission but start the mission solo if you have to and use the SOS beacon.
If you cancel the mission (or the host if you aren't) it counts as a loss and gives the victory to the opponents.

Short version: It negates all progress you made and it will make the bar turn more red (enemy progress).

I didnt know this.

Last edited:

Diseased Yak

Gold Member

No worries at all! I just randomly pick folks on my friend's list and join their games hah, and when you kicked me I immediately assumed it was because you were making room for others.

FUBARx89

Diseased Yak Diseased Yak Varteras Varteras Looks like someone wants to apologise.

OT: Some info in how the clearing of planets work.

You have to complete Operations completely. A lot of people usually leave after 1 or 2 missions but this destroys the process of liberating planets.
Every non-completed Operation counts as a victory for the Terminids or Automatons.

So lets say you start an Operation. After 1 or 2 missions people start leaving. If you're the host DONT cancel the mission but start the mission solo if you have to and use the SOS beacon.
If you cancel the mission (or the host if you aren't) it counts as a loss and gives the victory to the opponents.

Short version: It negates all progress you made and it will make the bar turn more red (enemy progress).

I didnt know this.

No it doesn't. Was debunked by AHGS.

M5hPkHd.jpg

Ffs. New major order is once again Automatons..

Im getting tired of this.

It's no different to when Major Orders where constantly just Termanid missions.

Spyxos

Gold Member

And I haven't even seen them yet. The same applies to the flying forces on both sides.

Last edited:
Top Bottom