• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

helo

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
*rubs eyes*

Why...are the last bunch of posts all in bold @_o

*rubs eyes again* Mine too?

The last bunch of everything is bold. CBOAT magic powers.

EDIT: Oh, never mind, top of the page is good. I guess we've got a sea-level now?

The Flash

Banned
on our wet dreams.

The thing is, that is just a survey, can't pit much hope on that.

Well it just so happens that we have a Microsoft employee in our midst so why don't we just let him now how awesome such a thing would be. In fact, I know that he would like Xbox to be more Steam like.

I think, like most everyone else, the optional path is the best one. Let both ecosystems exist. Use various incentives (such as family sharing, cheaper prices, etc.) to drive people towards the digital model. I'm hesitant to go digital, but if the incentives are good, I would certainly consider it. STEAM has mainly proven to be successful because of all of the incentives they offer.

I like this path as well.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=78616301&highlight=#post78616301

Finalizer

ALMOST FORGOT

l4V9wbX.png

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
okay cboat,

I was really hurt by the ps4 launch date thing, but I think I'm ready to trust again

#TeamCboat

Cels

okay cboat,

I was really hurt by the ps4 launch date thing, but I think I'm ready to trust again

#TeamCboat

he's always been an microsoft guy anyway.

doesn't really explain prince of persia or mirror's edge being at EA instead of MS but whatever

Guevara

I simply cannot believe MS will allow digital resell (and be the first to get there!) it's just too far fetched to me.

I can believe they looked into it, I can believe they asked devs for their opinions and circulated surveys. But that's it.

Dante316

What does digital resell even mean? Will it have pre owned in the title, I hope not! How cheap will it be? 20% or even 50%? Atleast we get a starting point.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
he's always been an microsoft guy anyway.

doesn't really explain prince of persia or mirror's edge being at EA instead of MS but whatever

Prince of Persia was the Halo 5 reveal. He only saw the first half. He didn't guess the stupid Master Chief reveal under the tunic. :p

Spongebob

Banned
I simply cannot believe MS will allow digital resell (and be the first to get there!) it's just too far fetched to me.

I can believe they looked into it, I can believe they asked devs for their opinions and circulated surveys. But that's it.
Yah, not expecting this to evolve past the survey stage, but I hopefully I'm wrong.

Ketch

Maybe this has already been explained, but why the scrambled post?

It's pretty cool insider info, if it turns out to be true (I'm not trying to doubt the OP). But what's the point of making it scrambled?

It's not impossible to unscramble, I mean you can kind of read it already, so it's not like it's going to protect his job or something like that... if that's something he's even worried about.

Is it just for the internet persona/street cred thing?

That's kind of weird.

Coiote

It's not far fetched if they share the profits of the fee with publishers. If they can kill gamestop this way, they will do it. It's way more believable than the family sharing plan.

Oh boy, this will be awesome. I hope sony and valve copy this idea too. Everyone wins, gamestop dies, golden age of gaming ensues and we will have Microsoft to thank for that. It will be glorious.

Man, I can't shake off the image of the suits at both Sony or MS scrambling the moment CBOAT post.

MS scrambling to continue their valiant search of CBOAT, and Sony as the suits immediately discuss how to implement this potential 'digital store' as well.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
For the following questions please assume that Microsoft Xbox One will offer a digital marketplace where you can purchase and sell digital video games.

Interesting idea. I wonder how this could work. With physical pre-owned games the price of that game is usually low just because the casing and the disk may not be in perfect condition anymore, and that contributes to the lower price you can charge. With digital games, the only incentive to still buy the "new" version is availability. Question is, will there really be a situation where availability of certain titles is limited? I can see many people start selling single-player games online after finishing them. Why should I not buy these instead of the pricier "new" version?

This can only work if "new" games have something attached to them that "used" games can't have.

Maybe this has already been explained, but why the scrambled post?

It's pretty cool insider info, if it turns out to be true (I'm not trying to doubt the OP). But what's the point of making it scrambled?

It's not impossible to unscramble, I mean you can kind of read it already, so it's not like it's going to protect his job or something like that... if that's something he's even worried about.

Is it just for the internet persona/street cred thing?

That's kind of weird.

Cause its easy to pick up writing patterns. If he posts like u and I he would've been found out years ago. Its a precautionary measure.

So its not all doom and gloom i like it hopefully this will make sony and nintendo follow as well.

Sony probably will, given they've already got their hooks in other avenues of digital via Gaikai/game-streaming, but I wouldn't put my horse on Nintendo doing so, given that they place significant importance on the long-lasting value of their games.

This approach would greatly diminish the prices of Nintendo games, which rarely goes down the same way other games do.

Coiote

Interesting idea. I wonder how this could work. With physical pre-owned games the price of that game is usually low just because the casing and the disk may not be in perfect condition anymore, and that contributes to the lower price you can charge. With digital games, the only incentive to still buy the "new" version is availability. Question is, will there really be a situation where availability of certain titles is limited? I can see many people start selling single-player games online after finishing them. Why should I not buy these instead of the pricier "new" version?

This can only work if "new" games have something attached to them that "used" games can't have.

Maybe they will slash the price of the new copy if availability of the used game becomes too high. They will probably share some of the profits with the publisher too. Also remember it's a digital copy, the only cost to microsoft/publisher is the download. If they kill used retail market and the fee is high enough, it maybe worth it.

Ketch

Cause its easy to pick up writing patterns. If he posts like u and I he would've been found out years ago. Its a precautionary measure.

Hmm, that's interesting I guess. Couldn't "they" just sue to find out who the poster is anyway? But I guess, he could be logging in using some kind of proxy and fake email address....

Well, enough of this then, I'll drop it. I don't want to bring any unwanted attention/skepticism his way, I just find it weirdly fascinating.

Like "Is it really super secret squirrel internet info about video gamez!?" Or are we all just the biggest nerds in the world?

Ha. I hope the digital resale stuff turns out to be true. Gamestop needs to go.

back home noaw. YAY. >_<

Apoglizes for late Oct nosho for pes4 . iheard itwa that, but sonuy is not my str0nog suit. It hapens. Cal 1800BUTOCXS for arefnud of yoru monez. (;

seruslay i am sory tho.

xboNOVE BMER 8TH HOOHAA no
saw ktosku atrticle. then retarctshun. thats ok icouldhav etold them nov 8 was piedrivedream. I know MS beter tha SC3Aa aha

*xbone cs treps are bilncg alled in afor nov 15ht
*thes are coantrcftract reps not wactualy wrok for MS. hard lyany of them cdoo.
*new cs softawf impletned for nov 15 w surpo t taxonomy for xbone
*caled "Assisted Support Desktop"
*antiphish stuf in to make hard for niigerian uktranisn rusian pinces to cal bout acoutn info that no t theirkrirs but if culstoner donestn haven email or ahpnone nubmr asocate with acount, xbone reps wil have pwoetr to tell calller to eff off
*...I wish i had zes to some sony cs reps 3 weks ago. oh wel

Do yut wnt to sel yor dgiital games? OHO I ONLAY REOPRT BAD NEWS FOR XBONE!

last thign, final workd on the mater.::
Get mad if yo want, cal me in to questoni if you like .nosweta off mynose. my jbo is safe and yoru tender tearbucklets bmaek flowers grow
b

9 year sin.onf rorusm. ben here befo4 redit madf oloks show nup and I'l turn the lignhts of when they leave.

wy?

Smpile.

I d0nt getp aid 2 post.

byeeee

2013_%2525208_19_22_10.png

It could be just availability. They could impose a no re-sale period during a release window.

Or the games might function more like platforms for multiple releases. I feel like Rockstar is testing a similar strategy with staggering the releases of GTAV and GTAOnline.

In any case, this is awesome news if true.

Like "Is it really super secret squirrel internet info about video gamez!?" Or are we all just the biggest nerds in the world?

More importantly he gives insider knowledge on a publicly traded company. I mean we don't want him to get fired do we? Lol

FStop7

Banned
I like to imagine that on Mattrick's last day at the office someone anonymously slipped a piece of paper with a pair of crudely drawn buttocks under his door.

TheOGB

Banned
On mobile, saw the title and got excited for CBOAT. Was not disappointed. You da man, you crazy buttocks! Haters can't stop this train.

x3sphere

B O L D C E P T I O N

I doubt MS can beat Steam to the punch with digital resale...can they?

Maybe MS knows Valve/Steam is going to implement it and that's the whole basis of why they're considering such a feature? I just can't see them moving forward with that unless they knew someone else was.

Top Bottom