• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

helo

Amir0x

Banned
Can't speak for Amir0x but I request all payments in the form of tiny, bathtub-shaped chocolates.

i get paid in the confused and manic tears and reactions of fanboys wondering what is going on and trying to discredit the man :D

worth more than a billion dollars I can assure you >:)

FStop7

Banned
CBOAT said:
*xbone cs treps are bilncg alled in afor nov 15ht
*thes are coantrcftract reps not wactualy wrok for MS. hard lyany of them cdoo.
*new cs softawf impletned for nov 15 w surpo t taxonomy for xbone
*caled "Assisted Support Desktop"
*antiphish stuf in to make hard for niigerian uktranisn rusian pinces to cal bout acoutn info that no t theirkrirs but if culstoner donestn haven email or ahpnone nubmr asocate with acount, xbone reps wil have pwoetr to tell calller to eff off
*...I wish i had zes to some sony cs reps 3 weks ago. oh wel

So I guess the question is - Are they being called in for training, or are they being called in to work as in all hands on deck..

HmOXie6.jpg
Since people love Geis-- PS4 production capacity doubting

DXprV7gl.jpg

Best time to get it is in broad daylight. Your buying a 4-500 dollar console, I would be careful where and when I buy it.

"Stay out of my territory" you should say.

If they launch the same day, it'd be a spectacle to stand in one of those midnight lines

choo choo!

cool info, especially about release date. MS still scrambling on that, but good to see they're looking into digital resales and stuff.

So I guess the question is - Are they being called in for training, or are they being called in to work as in all hands on deck..

Isn't a support taxonomy just a flowchart i.e. a script for CS reps to follow? Doesn't seem to me like a lengthy training schedule is required to perform that task and kick things up a level of support when the script fails to help the customer.

Harpuea

MS is way too profit conscious to allow digital content resale to happen. They might do it after setting up a real tricky term of service, fine prints, time restriction, and take 50% of the resale fee or something.

MS is way too profit conscious to allow digital content resale to happen. They might do it after setting up a real tricky term of service, fine prints, time restriction, and take 50% of the resale fee or something.
Or they'll do it on their own terms to avoid or delay the courts forcing them to down the line.

Digital services must be one of the most unregulated ideas in modern commerce, but it's inevitable that it won't stay that way.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

a9NfrVz.png

The notion of pre-owned digital games is really messing with my head.
How will they replicate the scratched disks--with names written on them in permanent marker--housed within the pizza-stained cases of yore?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
a9NfrVz.png

The notion of pre-owned digital games is really messing with my head.
How will they replicate the scratched disks--with names written on them in permanent marker--housed within the pizza-stained cases of yore?

Exclusive scratched disc simulator.

KoopaTheCasual

Non-issue.

Oh, I don't think it is. Syphon was just convinced that they would unbundle them before launch, which i don't think is possible. I think a built in Kinect for gen 9 would be a really cool way to class itself in a completely different league. The Kinect would not even be called a peripheral by name at that point. It would simply be a 'feature of the system'. Wonder if privacy concerns would still bother people at that point, tho.

The Flash

Banned
Alright I've got a Xbox One digital marketplace conspiracy theory forming in my noggin now.

1. Microsoft announces that they will shut down Games for Windows
2. Microsoft hires Steam's Jason Holtman
3. Microsoft still wants to make the Xbox One a primarily digital console
4. Microsoft stealthily redirects Holtman to help them create a digital marketplace for Xbox One
5. Microsoft and Holtman come up with a system that allows "used digital games" following the ebay model
6. ???
7. Profit?

MCD

Again, no news here just like last time.

Wow...MS is looking into some unannounced features.

Cboat, leak something from MS Games Studios or exclusive third party deals.

Cels

i'm confused about what cboat is sayin about reddit, can someone clarify.

is it like a "fuck you" cause people at reddit doubt him or what?

Samyy

Again, no news here just like last time.

Wow...MS is looking into some unannounced features.

Cboat, leak something from MS Games Studios or exclusive third party deals.

Uhm .... hes essentially confirming a date after the 15th, which after the Kotaku rumour is interesting to hear?

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Alright I've got a Xbox One digital marketplace conspiracy theory forming in my noggin now.

4. Microsoft stealthily fredirects Holtman to help them create a digital marketplace for Xbox One
5. Microsoft and Holtman come up with a system that allows "used digital games" following the ebay model
6. ???
7. Profit?

Oh man.

Finalizer

7. Profit?

Sounds just crazy enough to work.

But seriously, a digital market place where you can sell/trade your digital copies of games are exactly the kind of things MS should have been announcing months ago with their original push for a digital-centric Xbone. I'm far more inclined to believe in a digital future than before if such features are involved. Just hoping that, if/when it does surface, they don't have it hidden behind a paywall - should be of the most basic functionality to any owner to be able to buy/sell/trade digital games.

In any case, hoping something comes of all this.

EDIT: Also, #Nov15ConsoleApocalypse BELIEVE

EDIT 2: WE MUST GO BOLDER

MCD

Uhm .... hes essentially confirming a date after the 15th, which after the Kotaku rumour is interesting to hear?

I read Kotaku denying thier old rumor before reading this thread.

Plus, MS love late date launches like 18 to 22 Nov.

Early dates is not MS.

i'm confused about what cboat is sayin about reddit, can someone clarify.

is it like a "fuck you" cause people at reddit doubt him or what?

he's saying he doesn't care. He was here before reddit and will be here after, he's earned his credibility.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit. If I can sell my digital games I'll go all digital on Xbox One.

The Flash

Banned
Sounds just crazy enough to work.

But seriously, a digital market place where you can sell/trade your digital copies of games are exactly the kind of things MS should have been announcing months ago with their original push for a digital-centric Xbone. I'm far more inclined to believe in a digital future than before if such features are involved. Just hoping that, if/when it does surface, they don't have it hidden behind a paywall - should be of the most basic functionality to any owner to be able to buy/sell/trade digital games.

In any case, hoping something comes of all this.

EDIT: Also, #Nov15ConsoleApocalypse BELIEVE

Well the execs like Whitten always said that they didn't explain what the "benefits" were to the original policies. Maybe these were it. I can't believe that Microsoft would hire one of the guys responsible for Steam being as big as it is and just confine him to working on fixing/resurrecting Games for Windows. Put the guy on the Xbox team as well for crying out loud!

oVerde

Banned

4. Microsoft stealthily redirects Holtman to help them create a digital marketplace for Xbox One
6. ???
7. Profit?
on our wet dreams.

The thing is, that is just a survey, can't pit much hope on that.

Top Bottom