• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton fights a cough on stage for nearly 4 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

213372bu

Banned
To Trump people, issues that minorities face are just equally worthwhile as a cough though.
You could see how they get confused.
I don't care if 213372bu is a trump supporter, this was too good to pass on... like jokes on Hillary's health apparently

If my earlier posts weren't indicative of my political stances; I don't support Trump.

Far from it.

starmud

Chicken littles, this will hardly be a news cycle. If we have a slow news roll give it two days of mild references on cable news.

If trump takes the bait look forward to everyone spending a day talking about the same bs we've already talked about to death reguarding this lame topic.

Either way, Wednesday's event will produce enough new bullshit to feed the news cycle.

If my earlier posts weren't indicative of my political stances; I don't support Trump.

Far from it.

No, you're just busy validating his loonie supporters conspiracy theories to help him win because you have a problem with Clinton. We get it, a lot of people have a problem with her but a lot of people are willing to live with it for 4 years if it means avoiding the disaster of Trump.

Then she can get primaried by the left or lose to Kasich/Rubio in 2020 and we all laugh at how close we were to electing a mentally unstable and openly bigoted jackass into the most powerful civilian position possible.

213372bu

Banned
No, you're just busy validating his loonie supporters conspiracy theories to help him win because you have a problem with Clinton. We get it, a lot of people have a problem with her but a lot of people are willing to live with it for 4 years if it means avoiding the disaster of Trump.

Where did any of this happen?

At all?
we all laugh at how close we were to electing a mentally unstable and openly bigoted jackass into the most powerful civilian position possible.
You like saying this a lot but this isn't Trump's election to win.

It's Clinton's election to lose, if anything.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

AxelFoley

Yes, how dare the media report on this. Especially the ultra right wing NBC. Being that this happens to H virtually every-time she speaks publicly for more than 5 minutes we should all just accept it as the norm at this point.

Right wing GAFers coming out the woodwork now. Or are they disgruntled Bernie stans?

Aselith

Great your gotcha point is still worthless given we're talking about a fucking cough here.

And your optics comment was just about his constituents behavior and not his. Both are ancillary to the candidate.

Just realize optics is bullshit full stop not when it suits you.

:/

that's a really horrible thing to say.

I'm not wishing harm on Hillary Clinton, and to be honest I don't really believe that there's anything wrong with her health anyways. But as someone who disagrees with her politics, and does not wish to see her become president, I absolutely hope this hurts her campaign and helps Trump to furthur chip away at her lead as he has done in the past 3 weeks (back within 4 points on RCP!)

I compared it to the Tank Photo because it also happened in early September while Dukakis had a sizeable lead in the polls. Although I suppose the key difference is that the Tank ride was a completely unforced error while Clinton's coughing fit was simply bad luck.

Jonm1010

Banned
The difference being that those making those arguments on the left are a fringe element of the base, while those on the right are actually elected officials, including the current Republican nominee for president.

Very true for the most part.

Yes, how dare the media report on this. Especially the ultra right wing NBC. Being that this happens to H virtually every-time she speaks publicly for more than 5 minutes we should all just accept it as the norm at this point.

Are you ok bro? Do you want some orange slices?

Stop talking bad about HIlary! My queen! You right wing fanatics!!!

Why are all of the anti-Hillary folks such fucking assholes? Is it because so many of them are teenage Berniebros or outright Neo-Nazis?

It's rare to find one who isn't just an awful human being.

DpadD

Banned

It's incredible. The only way many Hilary supporters can cope with reality is convincing themselves everyone else who doesn't support her is crazy, racist, sexist, or dumb.

Yes, they genuinely believe this and I genuinely believe that they genuinely believe this, which is what makes it so genuinely unbelievable.

I'm not wishing harm on Hillary Clinton, and to be honest I don't really believe that there's anything wrong with her health anyways. But as someone who disagrees with her politics, and does not wish to see her become president, I absolutely hope this hurts her campaign and helps Trump to furthur chip away at her lead as he has done in the past 3 weeks (back within 4 points on RCP!)

I compared it to the Tank Photo because it also happened in early September while Dukakis had a sizeable lead in the polls. Although I suppose the key difference is that the Tank ride was a completely unforced error while Clinton's coughing fit was simply bad luck.

Jesus christ, at least you clowns could hide behind actual issues in the foundation or e-mail threads. This thread is just petty conspiratorial bullshit.

How pathetic.

Rich!

I'm still not sure how I would cope if I lived in America right now. I've always very very much disliked Hillary. But at the same time, the other candidate is Donald trump. I would just abstain from voting because jesus fuck I wouldn't want to support either of them, ever.

But hey, it's irrelevant seeing as I'm not American.

Jonm1010

Banned
Jesus Christ, no. That's not what he/she was saying at all.

Some people just get very antsy around here to "catch a live one" lol.

It's not really anything controversial to say, its just what kinda happened. And it made sense in that Rovian sort of way for Republicans. Its more amusing then anything else and kinda says something that the mainstream of that party is/was continually incorporating more and more of these fringe strategies and attacks and then coming out baffled, asking how their party got away from them.

Why wouldn't you expect horrible things from someone who supports a candidate whose primary mission is stomping minorities? Hate eats your brain, before long that's all you know.
Well, it was more hateful than I have seen in the past and it really did shock me.
I'm still not sure how I would cope if I lived in America right now. I've always very very much disliked Hillary. But at the same time, the other candidate is Donald trump. I would just abstain from voting because jesus fuck I wouldn't want to support either of them, ever.

How can you dislike someone for having a coughing fit? If your mother had a coughing fit would you hate her?

Why is it so difficult for people to see that this isn't about Clinton or Trump. It's about white nationalism and the future of minorities in this country versus none of that trash. It's about having a standard shitty politician running the country in a sane way versus the uncertain insanity of a nutjob.

I don't get where this massive conflict comes from. For me, it's pretty god damn simple choice unless the Democratic nominee was Anthony Weiner or Alan Grayson.

Says the man who tried to say in January that he supported more of Hillary's policies, but thought Bernie was more electable.

Man, it's nice to see that whole charade is over. That was annoying!

It's actually super easy when we have one candidate who is a normal politician and the other who is a hate mongering, racist white nationalists. Literally, it could not be an easier choice.

Fat4all

Banned
Burnie wouldn't of coughed like this

WtJYIB.gif

"Hillary never vomits at home..."

It's incredible. The only way many Hilary supporters can cope with reality is convincing themselves everyone else who doesn't support her is crazy, racist, sexist, or dumb.

Yes, they genuinely believe this and I genuinely believe that they genuinely believe this, which is what makes it so genuinely unbelievable.

We're literally talking about bullshit conspiracy theories about Hillary that are not based in reality.

Do you actually think that it's fair that people point out that this whole thing is an exercise in stupidity? If you want to criticize Hillary, fine! There are plenty of things to do that with. There is nothing founded in these health conspiracy theories and to try to defend people calling out the /pol/ and r/The_Donald-esque attacks with such a paragraph as the one you started with is ridiculous.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Coughing by itself isn't an issue, but nothing happens within a vacuum. The biggest political news story for the past week has been the discussion over Hillary's health.

Note that you are a very proud and over the top Trump supporter who spends 18 hours a day online, which speaks to your media diet and limits your ability to make inferences about what "the biggest political news story for the past week has been".

Armaros

Amazing you see the title of this thread and its topic. The candidates in this election and some how come up with this drivel.

I do hope you notice the person you quoted is now banned.

The cough heard around the world.

When the history of Trump's presidency is written, Coughgate will be seen as the moment he won the election.

Ape

Banned
Note that you are a very proud and over the top Trump supporter who spends 18 hours a day online, which speaks to your media diet and limits your ability to make inferences about what "the biggest political news story for the past week has been".

God damn

Haunted

Both of the US candidates are so fucking old, and given how personality- and popularity-based US election coverage is, I'm not surprised one bit that they're both struggling to get the youth vote energised.

studyguy

Can't wet the bed over this.

Maybe the next crisis will be substantive.
She might wear white after labor day or something equally meaningless to report on.

dabig2

Both of the US candidates are so fucking old, and given how personality- and popularity-based US election coverage is, I'm not surprised one bit that they're both struggling to get the youth vote energised.

Thankfully, this should be the 2nd-to-last election we'll have with a baby boomer running for president.

Steel

Banned
Concerns about McCain's health only arose after he picked Sarah Palin as his running mate, because she was so unqualified that the thought of her being first-in-line to the presidency was alrming.

These "concerns" about Hillary's health are manufactured nonsense and even if they weren't Tim Kaine is no Sarah Palin.

Ye-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom