• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton fights a cough on stage for nearly 4 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she's that sick pre-presidency just imagine her after year 2. This is no different than when we questioned McCain's health and he never almost died on stage like Hillary just did.

Not a good take. Now people will be pointing to this as Hillary is not healthy enough to be president.

I am starting to worry a bit about the outcome.

Not a good take. Now people will be pointing to this as Hillary is not healthy enough to be president.

I am starting to worry a bit about the outcome.

To be honest, the "Hillary is dying" narrative has not been really that strong I don't think. It might cause her to tumble a bit in the short-term, but it's only going to be a problem if she's having constant coughing fits.

I have a feeling that Obama campaigning for her will more than make up for any dip she has from this.

Monocle

Cough starts with the letter C. You know what else starts with the letter C? Cancer!

Hillary is literally a handful of letters away from terminal illness.

Cough starts with the letter C. You know what else starts with the letter C? Cancer!

Hillary is literally a handful of letters away from terminal illness.

It means Confidential. So everything Hillary says after a cough is classified information being leaked. LOCK HER UP!

If she's that sick pre-presidency just imagine her after year 2. This is no different than when we questioned McCain's health and he never almost died on stage like Hillary just did.
If Hillary dies in office, our president would be the personification of a generic Democrat. If McCain died in office, our president would have been Sarah Palin....

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Her voice has been hoarse for ages now. Which is normal for a campaigning politician. I'm sure she has someone to help manage her voice, or will get someone pronto if she hasn't already.

Shiggy

Looks to me as if Satan is trying to escape from her body through her mouth, but she's not letting him out.

amar212

Water can't cure lizard person incompatibility with Terran atmosphere.

I confirm this since I am a Lizzard People official doctor in charge. We have great amount of problems with Terran atmosphere because of humidity. Unfortunately, Alh-Quasira (Hillary's true name) have serious issues with adoptation of lungs as her human shape is getting influnced by time.

My bet is on Tim "Francis" Kaine being the real winner here. ;)

That's going to be how they phrase it. Hillary and Donald are about the same age, so they could easily reframe it as--"Even if Hillary wouldn't last 8 years--which she will--who would you rather have take over? Tim "Pop Pop" Kaine or Mike "Take My Body Jesus" Pence?"

I've had a pretty rough bout with bronchitis these past two weeks and it sounded exactly like this. Couldn't get a word out without coughing. Am I dying too?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I really think Palin is the number one reason that concern stuck at all.

People were questioning McCain's health because if he died, we'd be stuck with Sarah Palin, which was a valid concern.

If Hillary is for some reason deathly ill and didn't just have, like, a post-cold cough (I've had crazy coughing fits myself from post nasal drip. not dead yet) the worst we have to fear is Tim Kaine, America's favorite step dad.

Mully

Well PIX 11 news aired the story this morning. Nothing like local news legitimizing conspiracy theories.

LeleSocho

Banned
"How could she solve the problems of this country if she couldn't even fight a simple cough? Sad!" - Donald Trump somewhere sometime in the future.

_Ryo_

I can say without a doubt, that you are dying.

Well technically, yeah,we're all dying very slowly. :)

You lost most of your soul that day. You are very vulnerable to demon infestation.

Awesome! This means I can now acquire Personas in real life. Now wheres igor?

Sneezing eight times in a row is an orgasm.

Congrats!

And I hope you changed your pants.

No it isn't. Thats like saying Apples are grapes cause they're both spherical. But if if were, that would have been a quite interesting day.

Vagabundo

The cough was a code signal to Jihadists the world over. And especially their leader feared Kenyan Barack Hussein Obama, The mulslimist mulslim ever to have walked God's green earth. What started in Benghazi is now reaching its climax. You're in deep shit now US of A....

Henkka

Banned
That's hard to watch. Coughing fits fucking suck... It's like more you try to stop coughing, the more you have to cough. The only option is to cough like a motherfucker a few times, that helps... But she probably doesn't want to do that on stage.

Hilary wins = you're fucked
Trump wins = you're fucked
There is no lesser of two evils in this race.
Makes no difference who you guys vote for in the grand scheme of things.

Alienous

Man is it sad that some anti-Hillary people are hoping she's dying so that she is disqualified from the presidency. Like, they don't even do a good job of masking it as genuine concern, just 'a terminal illness could sound like that' stuff.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I'm not wishing harm on Hillary Clinton, and to be honest I don't really believe that there's anything wrong with her health anyways. But as someone who disagrees with her politics, and does not wish to see her become president, I absolutely hope this hurts her campaign and helps Trump to furthur chip away at her lead as he has done in the past 3 weeks (back within 4 points on RCP!)

I compared it to the Tank Photo because it also happened in early September while Dukakis had a sizeable lead in the polls. Although I suppose the key difference is that the Tank ride was a completely unforced error while Clinton's coughing fit was simply bad luck.
Trump can't get through a day without verbally shitting himself. He's unelectable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom