• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT2| Red Head Redemption

Yeah it's kinda op, you can take some serious damage from it

Yeah, I play on Very Hard and I was being pretty reckless there. I'd get it before you do the final story mission and use it there as it thematically fits at the very least.

You're virtually invincible while wearing it.

Minor minor exceptions, but yeah. It breaks the game, while being fun at the same time because it's so well designed.
Okay thanx. I like it more when it's a struggle for now. Feels good when i survive.

So I'm playing Horizon on my PS4 Pro and occasionally during really intense scenes, like fighting two Thunderjaws with explosions, effects, and loud noises everywhere I notice that my controller will sometimes lose connection for a split second. I lose control and the audio cuts out from the 3.5mm port on the DS4. I've also noticed that when this happens and if I save a gameplay clip, it will not record the few frames when it happens.

I've only had this going on with Horizon, but I haven't really played any intense games and I'm not sure if it only happens when I have a headset plugged into the controller, though I suspect that is the case. I don't believe it's external interference since it only happens in really intense scenes.

Has anyone else been having this issue?

GlamFM

Banned
I´m LTTP with this, right?

C7R0pzxV0AEtPbv.png

KZObsessed

Just went through all my captures for this game and it's a work of art. Incredible at times. I've platinum'd it but I still load it up to fight a Stormbird now and again.

Next up though, I'm gonna finally play Blood and Wine. Probably gonna skip as much combat as I can as I'm sure it's gonna be a bit jarring.

BumRush

The combat in this game is addictive WITHOUT overriding things, but heading into a battle with a snapmaw at your side makes things that much better.

First encounters with Thunderjaw and Behemoth... :O
Why is this game so beautiful? :(( Sometimes I can't concentrate on gameplay! lol

owlbeak

A little slow working my way through this game due to travel and work, but went through the first Cauldron last night. Awesome! :) Really enjoy this game, but it is taking me forever because every five minutes I have to stop and play with photo mode; the game is just amazing looking, especially on Pro.

I did my first cauldron last night. I feel like I might have missed some stuff inside it, though. Is it worth it to go back in and explore each nook and cranny?

I did my first cauldron last night. I feel like I might have missed some stuff inside it, though. Is it worth it to go back in and explore each nook and cranny?

Nope, the visual lore and the meaning of the Cauldron is all you need and you surely got that by just walking around.

Atone13

So I'm playing Horizon on my PS4 Pro and occasionally during really intense scenes, like fighting two Thunderjaws with explosions, effects, and loud noises everywhere I notice that my controller will sometimes lose connection for a split second. I lose control and the audio cuts out from the 3.5mm port on the DS4. I've also noticed that when this happens and if I save a gameplay clip, it will not record the few frames when it happens.

I've only had this going on with Horizon, but I haven't really played any intense games and I'm not sure if it only happens when I have a headset plugged into the controller, though I suspect that is the case. I don't believe it's external interference since it only happens in really intense scenes.

Has anyone else been having this issue?

I'm not sure of your setup but if you have a charge cable long enough to use while you play you could try plugging it in and setting the controller to communicate via usb instead of bluetooth and see if the connection drops stop.

The combat in this game is addictive WITHOUT overriding things, but heading into a battle with a snapmaw at your side makes things that much better.

Overriding is my favorite part. I've said it multiple times, but I really hope they can find a way in the sequel to let you have more directional control when you override while simultaneously balancing the difficulty.

I'd love to be able to tell my stormbird to swoop in and take out dudes, but i realize that would eliminate a lot of the difficulty. Tough problem to solve.

I'm not sure of your setup but if you have a charge cable long enough to use while you play you could try plugging it in and setting the controller to communicate via usb instead of bluetooth and see if the connection drops stop.
What I don't get is why it would skip frames in recording.

KevinG

So I played through the opening of this last night (waiting until I could get it a bit cheaper, and until my B6 OLED was ready to go), and I need to know, is gathering these audio logs a feature of the storytelling throughout the entire game, or just specific to this opening mission?

This is a feature I didn't know existed in the game and as someone who places Bioshock as my favorite game of all time (BOTW might have it beat though), I would adore this game even more if this were a part of the whole experience.

So I played through the opening of this last night (waiting until I could get it a bit cheaper, and until my B6 OLED was ready to go), and I need to know, is gathering these audio logs a feature of the storytelling throughout the entire game, or just specific to this opening mission?

This is a feature I didn't know existed in the game and as someone who places Bioshock as my favorite game of all time (BOTW might have it beat though), I would adore this game even more if this were a part of the whole experience.

Yes it is but mostly for the main quests.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

you can find them out in the world but you get them thrown at you during the main quests. there are loads to read/listen to and i didn't even collect them all. mostly what i ended up was from the main quests.

Throughout the whole game. Pay special attention when you're doing main quests. There are usually a lot to collect.

KevinG

Yes it is but mostly for the main quests.

you can find them out in the world but you get them thrown at you during the main quests. there are loads to read/listen to and i didn't even collect them all. mostly what i ended up was from the main quests.

Throughout the whole game. Pay special attention when you're doing main quests. There are usually a lot to collect.

Now I'm giddy to really dive into Horizon.

Time to put the finishing touches on BOTW.

Atone13

What I don't get is why it would skip frames in recording.

Yeah I'm not sure of why this is either, I'm thinking it probably has to do with that quick hiccup of the disconnect making the system think the controller is disconnected and then reconnecting so quickly...but that's really just a baseless assumption. Anyway goodluck getting it sorted out.

Does anyone else have an issue where the map takes a second to load? It opens but it's low resolution and takes a second to pop in the correct textures.

Now I'm giddy to really dive into Horizon.

And dive you will. There's a lot of lore to unpack through the audio, holo and text logs. Some of the audio logs are really, really well done, as well, IMO, with pretty good voice acting. And it's great that some are directly related to the plot, but there is some backstory and some stuff that is pure world-building.

I love this stuff as well. It allows me to immerse myself in the game universe at my own pace and, if I want to - as in subsequent replays - I can just skip it all.

And dive you will. There's a lot of lore to unpack through the audio, holo and text logs. Some of the audio logs are really, really well done, as well, IMO, with pretty good voice acting. And it's great that some are directly related to the plot, but there is some backstory and some stuff that is pure world-building.

I love this stuff as well. It allows me to immerse myself in the game universe at my own pace and, if I want to - as in subsequent replays - I can just skip it all.
The lore is actually pretty fucked up. I mean you get the feeling some shit must have happened, but unpacking it and listening to the mental states of some of the people is really messed up.

Lifeline

When you override machines, how do you get them to follow you? They just seem to stick to their own paths.

Pixieking

Banned
Can't read it without subscribing, unfortunately. I'm in NYC.

Copy & Paste the entire url into Google, search, click on the link. It should let you read all of it (it's a trick I use to get around the subscribers only/free article limit on a few newspaper sites).

Drahcir

Shield Weave Armor
from the
Ancient Armory
sidequest.

Can this be acquired before initiating the
3 missions where you would obtain the remaining power cells from?
I'm only at the part where I'm about to head over to Daytower. Is that too soon?

Can this be acquired before initiating the
3 missions where you would obtain the remaining power cells from?
I'm only at the part where I'm about to head over to Daytower. Is that too soon?
No. When you get it you've pretty much beaten the damn game.

RoryGamesFree

Neo Member
this is my favorite game for a long time, it's perfect, the story is great, the characters are great (especially Alloy <3), the gameplay is fab.

can't wait for DLC!

BumRush

When you override machines, how do you get them to follow you? They just seem to stick to their own paths.

Start fighting something and they usually dive right in to help out. I don't mean you can walk across the map and they'll follow you but if an enemy engages you close by, they'll help.

Oh. Hmm. Wonder if I should get it then. I haven't even bought a second outfit yet and I think I'm doing okay.
You don't find the final power cell till the game is pretty much done. Just buy outfits, I pretty much just fashion souls if I'm not playing in a stealth fashion.

Drahcir

You don't find the final power cell till the game is pretty much done. Just buy outfits, I pretty much just fashion souls if I'm not playing in a stealth fashion.

Oh I read that wrong then. :) Yeah, I'm trying to get a Bellowback Heart for one of the stealth outfits right now.

Oh I read that wrong then. :) Yeah, I'm trying to get a Bellowback Heart for one of the stealth outfits right now.
You can do that or just buy it from the machine parts merchant, depends on the amount of patience you have. I usually just choose the buy back option if it's something I sold or just buy the part. I have that much shards and that little patience currently.

Top Bottom