• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House Intelligence Committee open hearing into Russia links 'cancelled'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickman

The ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, Adam Schiff, claims its Republican chairman has cancelled an open hearing into Russia's involvement in the 2016 election.

Adam Schiff tweeted that Devin Nunes had "cancelled open Intelligence Committee hearing with Clapper, Brennan and Yates in attempt to choke off public info", referring to former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, Director of the CIA John Brennan, and Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, all former Obama administration officials.

There was also a request for Comey and Rogers to come back to answer more questions.

Mr Nunes said Mr Comey and Mr Rogers were not being recalled due to the information he reportedly saw in the intelligence documents he reviewed earlier this week.

”I'm the only one who has seen the documents as far as I know," said Mr Nunes. He also said that he knew there was ”additional unmasking" of names of people on the Trump campaign and transition teams prior to viewing the documents.

Link

I was watching C-SPAN2 when Schiff was speaking to the press and the dude looked absolutely pissed.

The rundown basically went like this:

There's three witnesses ready to testify in open session next week, who have something to say regarding collusion with Russian officials by members of the Trump campaign team.

Nunes requested information from the NSA and CIA from non-targeted information sweeps, and upon receiving it took some portion of that information to the white house late at night.

Two days later, the open session where the three people were set to testify has been cancelled outright. Not even moved to closed session with classified information for the intelligence committee only- cancelled.

This absolutely reeks of corruption and protection from the WH, and absolute obstruction. I can only hope they finally get an independent investigation going removed from the political parties so the American people can get the facts they deserve.

CHC

Disgraceful but if this is Nunes' idea of damage control then we should be grateful that he's so bad at it. Only a matter of time until the facts come out and / or his obvious meddling gets his whole committee shit canned.

Ocara

It seems really wrong that the administration being investigated can cancel the investigation hearing of itself.

Even as much of a farce as it was, hillary stood at the podium for hours over much less. This just makes everything look even more suspicious.

Disgraceful but if this is Nunes' idea of damage control then we should be grateful that he's so bad at it. Only a matter of time until the facts come out and / or his obvious meddling gets his whole committee shit canned.

If there's one thing we've learned is that he's bad at this.

kirblar

Comey is at the White House-
@alex_mallin

FBI director Jim Comey is at the White House, @ABC confirms. No answer from WH or FBI on why he is here yet.
These things are likely related.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Uh... Comey better not be there other than to seize stuff.

If he got called to the whitehouse or is talking to anyone the whole investigation is tainted.

Interviews should be conducted at the FBI HQ or a 3rd party location.

If he got called to the whitehouse or is talking to anyone the whole investigation is tainted.

I think the Director of the FBI is smart enough to know what

He's there to seize Nunes hopefully.

Mimosa97

Way to put the magnifying glass on the Trump administration. Doesn't this just turn the heat up.

Dems are weak as fuck. If this was the other way around, republicans would have been all over it calling for blood. They would have slogans in place and new nicknames for everyone involved. But nah dems are content with just tweeting about it and keeping their mouth shut.

What a missed opportunity.

Dems are weak as fuck. If this was the other way around, republicans would have been all over it calling for blood. They would have slogans in place and new nicknames for everyone involved. But nah dems are content with just tweeting about it and keeping their mouth shut.

What a missed opportunity.

It's like you don't math.

And how could you say given all of the shit going on this week alone, that the Dems are just rolling over?

Taramoor

I think the Director of the FBI is smart enough to know what

The Director of the FBI deliberately torpedoed a Presidential election.

Even if Comey does bring down Trump, he deserves to be destroyed for his role in getting that madman into office to begin with.

GutsOfThor

Where is the outrage from trump supporters about Comey meeting with trump?

They were screaming at the top of their lungs when Bill met with Loretta Lynch.

I'm choosing this as the time to claim that this all just a distraction from the real issues. While we're all busy talking about how the President is being arrested, Bannon and Ryan will slyly fail to pass health care while nobody is watching. Media keeps falling for it too.
tumblr_inline_n41s05NUkX1stpir1.gif

commedieu

Banned
It's like you don't math.

And how could you say given all of the shit going on this week alone, that the Dems are just rolling over?

There isn't a visible incessant rage. Which I too agree with. Even if they don't have power.. optic wise. Demand are no where to be found on msm making a stink. Not as much as we saw with as birth certificate, or email.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
See before this, I wouldn't have thought Nunes was implicated, much less heard of the no-name fucker. Now? Another name on the pile.

Obstruction of justice in a case of treason may itself be treason. I'm not sure.

_Ryo_

What if the FBI showed Nunes false but plausible information knowing he might leak it to the white house? Could Nunes be charged and implicate WH at once?

kirblar

Where is the outrage from trump supporters about Comey meeting with trump?

They were screaming at the top of their lungs when Bill met with Loretta Lynch.
Because Trump is still his boss, and it's unlikely that he's compromising the investigation when the thing that likely triggered this visit is Nunes compromising the investigation.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Mr Nunes said Mr Comey and Mr Rogers were not being recalled due to the information he reportedly saw in the intelligence documents he reviewed earlier this week.

“I’m the only one who has seen the documents as far as I know,” said Mr Nunes. He also said that he knew there was “additional unmasking” of names of people on the Trump campaign and transition teams prior to viewing the documents.

Lol @ Nunes. You just got reamed for this shit literally the other day....and now you're doubling down?

Yeah, this is kinda worrisome.

The Senate needs to hurry up with their hearing, I wanna see if they can ask people why Nunes is suddenly playing the role of Trump's lawyer.

Maybe Comey is being fired for continuing to investigate? Can the president do that?

Probably, he can also give pardons out to his transition team but that would basically be going into full on a unapologetic Putin style government at that point. Right now they're doing their best to be like, "what? Nothing happened here." If they did fire Comey they would basically be saying, "yeah, we colluded, so what?"

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Two days later, the open session where the three people were set to testify has been cancelled outright. Not even moved to closed session with classified information for the intelligence committee only- cancelled.

This absolutely reeks of corruption and protection from the WH, and absolute obstruction. I can only hope they finally get an independent investigation going removed from the political parties so the American people can get the facts they deserve.

Wait, does Nunes still have the power to unilaterally close down such a hearing?

Even after he ran over to the White House yesterday to spill what little 'info' he'd learned and take it straight to Trump and co.?

There isn't a visible incessant rage. Which I too agree with. Even if they don't have power.. optic wise. Demand are no where to be found on msm making a stink. Not as much as we saw with as birth certificate, or email.

People like Schiff are delivering the perfect amount of measured, truthful, reckoning to the GOP.

Beyond that, there has clearly been rage basically non-stop. Again, I'm just shocked given just the stuff this week that the perception is Dems are rolling over and just letting things happen. I think their conduct has been fine given the fact they are a minority - unlike the GOP, who had the luxury of being in the majority during their tirades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom