• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Houston shooting: Nine injured, suspect pronounced dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

paparazzo

Apparently, a friend of my dad's got hit in this. He's doing fine last I heard. Pretty surreal reading about mass shootings and one ends up involving someone I know.

Hope everyone makes a full recovery.

Also this:

"Law enforcement sources also told the station that he was wearing a Nazi uniform and that more Nazi paraphernalia was found in his apartment."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...oting-houston-shopping-mall-article-1.2806725

Not shocking me at all, honestly. The world is all upside down..

COgMVk8.gif

Lyn

Banned
A few snippets from the recent press conference. One thing mentioned is that over 75 shell casings were found at the scene. It is amazing that only 9 people were injured with so many rounds fired. It seemed like he was ready for a shoot out too with over 2500 rounds of ammo nearby.

The gunman was found dead shortly after, she said. Nearly 75 shell casings were found at the scene, police said.

Police said the suspect had two weapons, a .45 semi-automatic handgun and a .45 semi-automatic Thompson Carbine, while standing near his car. Both guns were purchased legally in 2009 and 2011.

Police estimate around 2,500 rounds of live ammunition were found inside his vehicle.

The FBI said there was no immediate indication of any involvement with terrorist groups.

Police said there is no known motive. When asked if she believes the shooting was related to terrorism, Montalvo said that she is not ready to say that yet.

Source: KPRC

Curufinwe

A few snippets from the recent press conference. One thing mentioned is that over 75 shell casings were found at the scene. It is amazing that only 9 people were injured with so many rounds fired. It seemed like he was ready for a shoot out too with over 2500 rounds of ammo nearby.

Source: KPRC

Yet another case which the gun nuts who claim mass shootings only happen with illegally acquired firearms will have to pretend didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom