• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How big is your primary gaming TV?

How big is your TV?

• Below 40"

Votes: 28 5.0%
  • 40"-45"

Votes: 30 5.4%
  • 46"-50"

Votes: 47 8.4%
  • 51"-55"

Votes: 152 27.3%
  • 56"-60"

Votes: 14 2.5%
  • 61"-70"

Votes: 177 31.8%
  • 71"+

Votes: 96 17.2%
  • I primarily game on a handheld device

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use a projector or other non-standard display

Votes: 13 2.3%

• Total voters

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just curious what size is the most common and also who has the biggest TV on GAF.
This is mostly meant for normal TVs but I also added a few options just so that handheld users and projector users can be counted.
Feel free to post a picture of it as well if you want, though most folks have probably already done that in the 2023 Gaming Setup Thread.

reinking

Gold Member
55" and 65" seem to work for me on consoles. PC, 27" monitors.

My living room is setup where my TV is mounted between two windows. I am not getting anything larger than a 55" for that room unless I plan to change where it is mounted. I do not. My bedroom is set with a 65" that is about 2 feet past the foot of the bed. The bed is also adjustable. No way I need anything bigger there and no way I am changing that set up. That is where I will retire someday. :)

BlakeofT

27" monitor. A big ass 4K TV has been at the top of my most wanted list for a long time now. At this point, even the crappiest of 4K TVs would probably be a huge upgrade for me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Why aren't any OEMs actually branding TVs as "gaming" ?

We have gaming monitors but no gaming TVs
Check out this Bravia my guy

71SkzJ6HH3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
My main gaming display is a projector on a 120 inch screen, my secondary gaming TV is 80 inches. I'm hoping to swap the projector for a 100(+) inch panel someday.

PS5 and PC run on the projector, PS5, PS4, switch and One X run on the TV.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
55”, it’s standing pretty close to the couch though so it’s on the edge of being a bit too big.

82" Samsung Q70R From 2019.

Good
Great Picture has VRR and HDR with Game Mode on.
Used as a monitor has worked well.

Bad
Only 1 HDMI 2.1 port and it's NOT the ARC port.
Really bad multi deep menu design to get to simple things like turning on and off Game Mode.
Auto Game mode is borked, It's Samsungs fault. I've tried all my consoles on other TV's with no issues.
ARC to EARC update, was promised to come in an update but they misinformed (outright lied) and it was for the more expensive model the Q90 only.
Good luck getting built in streaming apps audio out to your Receiver/Sound bar. You can either do that OR you can have your ONE console attached that does VRR/HDR.

Samsung really screwed the pooch on this design. The barest bones basic/cheapest HDMI board with the most limited functionality available was put in this big TV.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
85" Vizio PQX.
It's been a good TV so far bought it back in 2020 when it released. Have had some minor issues with VRR but nothing that gets my panties in a bunch it's been thrown around when I moved from apartment to temp home with gf Family and then again to home we bought.. still kicking.

110" Hisense px1-pro projector. I'm still debating hooking up the PS5 or Xbox to this for gaming or just stream with GeForce Now, but this mainly is for movies, and cinematic games.

26" Westinghouse LCD from Black Friday 2008

I play at a desk. I performed like crap on a big screen when playing Outrun 360 and Hot Shots Golf so I stuck to small and close.

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
My 50" Sharp does the job but I admit it's a bit old.
How are you guys not turning your heads playing on those big ass screens? 😆

Why aren't any OEMs actually branding TVs as "gaming" ?

We have gaming monitors but no gaming TVs
Most TV's now have a lot of gaming features.

In terms of the de-facto gaming TV, the surprising answer is Samsung. The 2023 Samsung OLED's and Neo QLED's all have input lag in the 10 ms range, which is as good as many good gaming monitors. They have cool features like an ultrawide mode where the TV allows you to use ultrawide 1440p resolutions, this letterboxes the display but if your TV is big enough, it can be useful in games where ultrawide gives you an advantage. Samsung QD-OLED's also offer the best picture quality in any consumer TV, superior to the LG WOLED TV's. If you fear burn-in, and you should if your TV is primarily used for gaming, the Neo QLED's also have the best VRR support which works the best when tested compared to competitor TV's.

gothmog

Gold Member
Depends on where I'm gaming. I have a 77" LG OLED, a 42" LG OLED (I actually like this the best), and various 1440p monitors for PC/twitchier gaming.

StereoVsn

My gaming setup is 65” OLEd right now, but thinking of moving that to the Living Room and getting 77” instead. FOMO is real and my eyesight isn’t getting any better, lol.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

8 inches. Ever since I've gotten the portal I've only gamed on it. Well that and PSVR2.

I honestly haven't games on my 65 inch since it came out. Perfect size screen, looks great, full dualsense controller, ultimate in convenience.

I'm sure I'll go back eventually but to answer that it's 65.

Top Bottom