• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How big is your primary gaming TV?

How big is your TV?

• Below 40"

Votes: 28 5.0%
  • 40"-45"

Votes: 30 5.4%
  • 46"-50"

Votes: 47 8.4%
  • 51"-55"

Votes: 152 27.3%
  • 56"-60"

Votes: 14 2.5%
  • 61"-70"

Votes: 177 31.8%
  • 71"+

Votes: 96 17.2%
  • I primarily game on a handheld device

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use a projector or other non-standard display

Votes: 13 2.3%

• Total voters
55” 4k

I would imagine everyone here knows that distance from a screen has a huge impact on viewing experience.
So, size isn’t the real issue, the question should be, what’s your setup.

Vick

42"Panasonic Plasma.
Say Word Reaction GIF by Justin

A connoisseur.

Kuranghi

85" Vizio PQX.
It's been a good TV so far bought it back in 2020 when it released. Have had some minor issues with VRR but nothing that gets my panties in a bunch it's been thrown around when I moved from apartment to temp home with gf Family and then again to home we bought.. still kicking.

110" Hisense px1-pro projector. I'm still debating hooking up the PS5 or Xbox to this for gaming or just stream with GeForce Now, but this mainly is for movies, and cinematic games.

Could I ask your opinion of the contrast, black level and motion on the PX1 Pro? Is that the one where you don't get the screen with it?

saintjules

Just uprgraded to an LG OLED B3 77". My C9 is in my bedroom now.

Edit: I think it's still on sale. I got a deal for the B3 at $1699. It also recently updated the brightness via a recent FW update.

I ended up buying a HDMI 2.1 switch because there's only 2 ports for it unfortunately, but better than spending an extra $700 for the C3.

Last edited:
I just bought a Samsung OLED G9 49" widescreen monitor for immersion in my closet of a room. I bought a special cable for my PS5 so I can play 4k 120 hz on it. I bought GeForce Now 4080 time to play my Digital Storm Laptop on it. I'm skipping 4000 series as best I can. Renting one is not so bad.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
65" OLED in the living room, need a bigger one really since we moved but that's not happening any time soon. Still going strong after close to 7 years.

55" OLED as a PC monitor which I probably won't do again as a work/play monitor since I practically live on the thing most days and it needs cares to ensure a lack of burn in.

Shtef

I recently bought lg c3 48" and I put it in the bedroom, in living room i have sony x900f 65". I used to play on sony but i moved my xbox to bedrom to enjoy all gaming features of lg oled tv.

Thought about getting a 65" OLED at first, but settled for a 55" QD-OLED instead since the former was a tad too big for my small apartment which is ~700 square feet :messenger_grinning_sweat:. Overall I'm very pleased with the TV..

Denton

55" Panasonic plasma from 2013. I play PC games on it, downsampled from 2880x1620 via DLDSR, which results in flawless image quality.
Somehow nothing has convinced me to get rid of it yet, the picture and smoothness in games is just great.

That said, if it died, I would like to get some 70+ OLED to I could see some decent upgrade, but they are still overpriced bitches.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
TV? Why would I want that.

32" 240Hz HDR QLED, soon to be 32" ~240Hz HDR QD-OLED.

Last edited:

Three

I usually play at night so 150" projector. If for some unusual reason I play during the day and want sunlight I have a HDMI splitter to a 49" Ultrawide monitor.

Last edited:

Moonjt9

55 inch LG C8 OLED. Still going strong but does have noticeable burn-in from Diablo 2 Resurrected XP bar from my HC level 99 grind for platinum trophy. Only noticeable on bright solid colors, but when you see it, you really see it lol

KiteGr

When me and my brother finally moved out of our parents, there where 2 aspects we decided to spare no expense.
A TV...
...and a Sofa.

We have a Samsung 65" 4K QLED (made sense as our living room was bright) and a corner Sofa big enough to sleep 2 guests. The rest of the furniture where cheap IKEA stuff and handouts.

77" Samsung S90C QD-OLED with the Samsung HW-Q990C surround sound system.

20231213_001328.jpg

I need to clean my entertainment stand off, and I need to hide that HDMI cable. But other than that, I'm loving it.
LOL you're really using that giant OLED panel as a PC monitor huh

At least hide the Windows taskbar if you know what's good for it

Last edited:

DonJimbo

43 Inch 4K TV will definitely upgrade in the next years to a bigger one but Sad here its prohibited to Buy big screen because of the EU

Last edited:

smbu2000

For consoles in the living room (XSX/Switch) we hve a 65” OLED (Panasonic JZ2000).
In my PC room, for gaming I have it hooked up to my previous tv, 48” OLED LG CX.

Last edited:
I had a 65” for years, but when replacing it, I went with a 55”. I realized that I was actually moving my head around to see the corners of the screen, so I wanted something that would put more of the game in my field of vision.

An overwhelming size is much better for movies, but for games, I want to see more of the screen at once. I have a 48” in the basement that is also at the perfect distance for gaming.

Last edited:
Top Bottom