• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How big is your primary gaming TV?

How big is your TV?

• Below 40"

Votes: 28 5.0%
  • 40"-45"

Votes: 30 5.4%
  • 46"-50"

Votes: 47 8.4%
  • 51"-55"

Votes: 152 27.3%
  • 56"-60"

Votes: 14 2.5%
  • 61"-70"

Votes: 177 31.8%
  • 71"+

Votes: 96 17.2%
  • I primarily game on a handheld device

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use a projector or other non-standard display

Votes: 13 2.3%

• Total voters
Creeping Parks And Recreation GIF
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

I don't keep the TV on unless I am using it, and if I am using it then 95% of the time it is in full screen mode (e.g. playing a game or watching a movie). I would be more concerned about burn-in from the hotbars and other HUD effects from Final Fantasy XIV than from the Windows taskbar. That's got more on-screen time than the Windows taskbar does by a not-insignificant margin.
Oh wow. You're literally me circa 10 years ago now. I have actually burned FFXIV hotbars into a Panasonic plasma TV back in the day. Turned a really nice TV into a paperweight. You're going to learn the same hard lesson I did. After that plasma, I went back to LCD because I decided I would rather put up with LCD's technical limitations rather than destroy more TV's with my game HUD's.

SHA

I answered 55", which is true, really.

But these kinds of polls should always be taken with a grain of salt. Because none will answer truthfully. And in my defense, I live in Finland, and it's quite cold at the moment.
Lying joy is finite and hurtful later on, just like drinking.

Last edited:

SHA

40" is reasonable for beating games without attention to details that causes distraction which drains you energy quickly.

Last edited:

Grechy34

I play on my Alienware PC monitor in my gaming room. I also have a 43" Samsung LCD which I use with the kids. It's funny how most streamers play with monitors and most here on Neogaf play on TV's. Talks to the different gamer types I reckon.

I'm one of these people that loves sitting at a desk and gaming over couch gaming. Even on console.

Mahavastu

Main System is a 125" screen with projector.
secondary system is an 85" Q70A, which looks nicer, but is a little bit too small :pie_eyeroll:

Last edited:

yansolo

65" TCL qled
Although my Quest 2 screens might be my most used. What is that - like 2 x 2" ?
TCL's are quality and decently priced too, i had a 55" sony that got faulty in less than a year, went through hoops to replace it, store then gave me a samsung, had terrible backlight bleed so i thought fk it and bought the tcl, id recommend them to anyone

R6Rider

Gold Member
TCL's are quality and decently priced too, i had a 55" sony that got faulty in less than a year, went through hoops to replace it, store then gave me a samsung, had terrible backlight bleed so i thought fk it and bought the tcl, id recommend them to anyone
I also have a TCL. Love mine and it's fantastic for the price I paid.

All those with OLED for more than 3 years, have you not experienced burn in?

They probably babysit their TVs.
My LG C9 is from 2019, has almost 7000 hours, with at least half of that gaming. Hell, over 1000 of it would be from Apex Legends alone. I pulled up colour slides and every colour is absolutely pristine. I have never "babysat" anything. I haven't even changed the picture settings. I use default game mode for games, and default cinema mode for Apple TV.

Burn-in is history.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Still have my 55" Sony X95G (the one with the brushed metal remote) and most likely won't upgrade until PS6 and it will probably remain a 55" model.
the angle required to get it in the room and where it's placed limits me to the 55" is tight anyway

Mister Wolf

My LG C9 is from 2019, has almost 7000 hours, with at least half of that gaming. Hell, over 1000 of it would be from Apex Legends alone. I pulled up colour slides and every colour is absolutely pristine. I have never "babysat" anything. I haven't even changed the picture settings. I use default game mode for games, and default cinema mode for Apple TV.

Burn-in is history.
You have your brightness maxed out?

Pimpbaa

I have a 55 inch LG CX, love it. But why the hell do they have to be so thin? Fucking nerve wracking cleaning the screen. Gotta be even more so with bigger panels.

I have a 55 inch LG CX, love it. But why the hell do they have to be so thin?
I thought it was really cool until I had to take down my 65” LG C9. I was afraid it would crack when I went to lay it flat. Everyone who comes to the house is impressed by this, though.

It's a 32 inch monitor. I thought about buying a new TV but I can't even remember the last time I used the living room for watching/gaming. Well, there was this one time I played the Steam Deck on the sofa but I quickly realized that I could just be lying down in bed instead.

dave_d

In theory I could game on my 65" LED LCD in the living room but every time I tried that my cat went completely bonkers. So my main gaming TV is the 55" oled in the bedroom.

Burn-in is history.

LMAO burn in aint dead. You just so used to doing stuff it dont seem like babysitting anymore lol.

From LG's Website said:
"A third option is the Logo Luminance Adjustment, which can detect static logos on the screen and reduce brightness to help decrease permanent image retention."

"Help decrease" dont sound like eliminate to me

From LG's Website said:
"So, in short: Reasonable, responsible usage of an OLED TV, combined with powerful image preservation abilities should result in a seamless home entertainment experience."

Sounds like babysitting to me.

You just so used to doing stuff it dont seem like babysitting anymore lol.
Not sure why you so desperately want to spread FUD. I do nothing special with my TVs. I use them as any other TV. I don’t even change any settings. C9 was at max brightness in HDR mode the whole time (HDR on PS4/PS5 and DV on Apple TV). I also currently use an LG C1 as a monitor.

IAmRei

Recently i spent a lot in pc to play elden ring with mods, usually i played on tv. Just because my room is small, i cannot buy bigger screen :(

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Just bought a 55" LG C3 Oled. It is wonderful. 55" is also the perfect size for what I need. Anything larger and it would be too large IMO.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
65"

But my plan is the next time I move (maybe in the next year before mortgage rates drop too much jacking up prices), I'm going to pick a place that has a big basement so I can do a decked out mancave. The typical bigger sizes are 75, 77 and 85. So I'll get one of those and give away or sell my 65 Nanocell.

I really wanna get an LG OLED.

Last edited:
Top Bottom