• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How big is your primary gaming TV?

How big is your TV?

• Below 40"

Votes: 28 5.0%
  • 40"-45"

Votes: 30 5.4%
  • 46"-50"

Votes: 47 8.4%
  • 51"-55"

Votes: 152 27.3%
  • 56"-60"

Votes: 14 2.5%
  • 61"-70"

Votes: 177 31.8%
  • 71"+

Votes: 96 17.2%
  • I primarily game on a handheld device

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use a projector or other non-standard display

Votes: 13 2.3%

• Total voters

Alpha Male

65 inch LG G2 OLED

I personally don't like gaming on anything bigger than 65. When I move I will be getting a bigger TV strictly for movies/streaming and sports and use my current TV for gaming only.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Could I ask your opinion of the contrast, black level and motion on the PX1 Pro? Is that the one where you don't get the screen with it?
I believe there has been sales with the 100" screen. I opted for a CLR screen since the room I am in is completely dark. We blocked out the only window in the bonus room above the garage and painted all walls with a charcoal color. I would say with the grey screen clr, contrast is quiet good for the price of the Hisense, Black levels are very good mainly due to the screen imo. This does output roughly 2300 lumens and projector is set "flipped" to the ceiling roughly 17-18inches away from the wall to achieve the picture size. It can do 130" but I did not have the high ceilings and on top they are sloped.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
LOL you're really using that giant OLED panel as a PC monitor huh

At least hide the Windows taskbar if you know what's good for it

I don't keep the TV on unless I am using it, and if I am using it then 95% of the time it is in full screen mode (e.g. playing a game or watching a movie). I would be more concerned about burn-in from the hotbars and other HUD effects from Final Fantasy XIV than from the Windows taskbar. That's got more on-screen time than the Windows taskbar does by a not-insignificant margin.

LG OLED77G26LA

o8qCGxo.gif

Bond007

85inch Samsung.
Thinking about going smaller with a widescreen setup and going into an entirely different room in this coming year. Will leave the 85 for movies and such.

th4tguy

I am using a 2009 55" Sony Bravia LED tv which has dead pixels (literal lines going through it).
I will finally be upgrading next year to an Sony A80M OLED 65". Looking to pick up some wireless speakers for surround sound as well.
We finally got a new couch which can hold everyone in the house so updating the TV is next.
It's just time.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Edit: CES not E3 lol

Was 75 but currently 65.
Waiting on CES to see what TV's are announced and I plan on staying on the 65 inch size unless some good Mini LED monitors are announced.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Do you know where you are? This is a thread about how big your "gaming tv" is not PC monitors..
Perhaps you should learn to read. Handheld.. Not a TV. Projector... Not a TV, non-standard DISPLAY, not a TV. So now explain the purpose of your reply to me. So why shouldn't OP include monitors in the poll as well..? Or remove everything else than TVs. Or even better: Make it about display or image sizes,

Last edited:

Pidull

Game
I think back to how I used to sit 3 meters away from a 21” Trinitron. How did I see anything?

I’m 1.8m from my 55” and that is probably the limit. Your distance was fine with 480/720 content, but with 4K, you must be missing a lot of detail.

Games used to have so much less detail, so lower resolutions were fine.

Now there's too much detail, so you need higher resolution to actually make it what you're looking at.

Personally, I miss the era of less detail.

TV? Why would I want that.
same reason you dont use your phone as a PC display.

I had a 65” for years, but when replacing it, I went with a 55”. I realized that I was actually moving my head around to see the corners of the screen, so I wanted something that would put more of the game in my field of vision.
yeah, big TVs arent the best for competitive play, but if the TVs big enough to start taking up your peripheral vision, it's more immersive.
easier to see fine detail on a big TV too compared to a monitor.

BlackTron

47". Been using this TV for over 10 years and at this point I don't think I'll ever bother replacing it until it breaks. It's just good enough for me. Good with input lag, colors pop, right size for the space.

My desk/couch gaming is really split about 50/50 but my gaming monitor is 27".

Mr Hyde

55 QLED Samsung. It's very good for gaming (and movies), has a nice and clean picture with very vibrant colors, but I've should've gone with a regular OLED. I don't regret my purchase but OLED screens are just plain better.

King Dazzar

All those with OLED for more than 3 years, have you not experienced burn in?
I've had 5 OLED's. I had burn in on a 2017 C7 within 6 months using as a PC monitor. Then the second C7 had pixels start dying. My 2019 one has been fine, though I was more mindful about how I used it. But its part of the reason I've returned to high end LCD's. You never worry about HUD's etc.

All those with OLED for more than 3 years, have you not experienced burn in?
With my previous oled I had it for five years and watched plenty of mixed content, not just games. I had every precaution setting switched on and never experienced burn in. Highly unusual for burn in from 2018 oleds and onwards.

Top Bottom