• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How can 20 dollar budget CW do a better Flash costume then the JL? Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHall

DCEU Flash built his suit from scraps on torn off NASA shuttle and airplane parts. CW Flash was given a suit specifically designed at Star Labs for his powers.

MisterHero

Seriously maybe they could work together THROUGH THE MIRACLE OF SPEED FORCE and MAKE A COSTUME OUT OF THE MIRACLE THAT IS SPEED FORCE

Also the old TV Flash is there with his muscle-padded costume

ZeroX03

Banned
That CW outfit was made presumably one off for that episode. I'm not sure if they'll stick with it but the current one is due for a change.

I'm very partial of how colorful and faithful they managed to go with Wally's costume. He's a budget Kid Flash for sure, kinda useless, but he looks damn good.

Kid-Flash-Wally-West-The-CW.jpg

CW Flash needed a better costume for a long time now. Nothing tops Reverse Flash's.

Thanks!

They're both bad, but the tv show costume has sort of a retro thing going, like Reeve's Superman costume. It's cheesy but it's supposed to be.
The movie costume is just shit. I bet the guy who designed it thought it was modern and badass.

Cyborg looks really bad too.

Slayven

Seems like the only thing we have in common is our hatred for Carol Danvers.

I fear for other things.

Even people that like Barry for some reason, know that Flash didn't really start until Wally made it great not again, but to begin with.

The technology developed by Wayne Tech consists of strategically placed filaments that function like cables on a suspension bridge to offer support precisely where it’s needed.

These hyper strong kinetic Flywire filaments are applied to a minimalistic suit upper, reducing weight to create Wayne Tech's lightest material ever.

Paper-thin fabric that is highly malleable covers the user amplifying energy while reducing friction fatigue, with Wayne Tech Flywire filaments attaching to the suit to nerve endings maximizing transference and reducing latency.

Developed by Lucius Fox.

Explained here.

lol..Got me good, Phife.

sirap

CW's suits look good in stills but once you see them in motion they start looking like ass. Budget CG makes it even worse imo.

Not that I'm a fan of Ezra's over-designed suit either but I'll take that any day over the pajamas Cap wore in Avengers.

blogs-the-feed-avengers-captain-america.jpg

What the fuck were they thinking.

mortal

Gold Member
They're both pretty bad. The JL version is just far too extremely bulky for a character like The Flash. When I think of super speed, I logically think streamlined.

The CW version was better designed in that regard, but I still wouldn't consider it great.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
They both suck. But not really sure how you would dress the Flash any way. I guess something akin to Batman's outfit, but in red with a lightning bolt instead of bat.

Most live action Super Hero costumes are trash though. They just don't translate from the page to the real world where fabrics and shit don't fit like they can when drawn and where human physiques aren't as robust as when drawn. Dare Devil looked great before he got his costume, now he looks like a clown. Would have been better if they just re-imagined The Flash's outfit to fit how clothes work in the real world and not forced themselves to create the costume from the comics.

Just like the guys who keep saying AoS is good, y'all showing yo asses when you say shit like this.

CW Flash looks like a dork.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
man that JL costume looks terrible, but i'm sure the fights will be good.

Just like the guys who keep saying AoS is good, y'all showing yo asses when you say shit like this.

CW Flash looks like a dork.

AoS is on another level from The CW.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The movie one looks unnecessarily busy and detailed as all hell

Kinda like the Power Rangers movie costumes

JL Flash really doesn't look bad. Especially considering that's the suit he built himself from NASA scraps. He gets another throughout the movie that we haven't seen yet.

sirap

Would have been better if they just re-imagined The Flash's outfit to fit how clothes work in the real world and not forced themselves to create the costume from the comics.

I got you fam.

JusticeLeague.jpg

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I mean, super hero costumes worn by real people tend to look doofy, it's just, do you prefer simple body suit doofy or over designed busy bodysuit doofy.

Dali

It's too busy and looks like a movie costume rather than something thrown together with utility in mind. Also cyborg same complaint: too busy. He looks like a bayformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom