• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How can 20 dollar budget CW do a better Flash costume then the JL? Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is likely a 100% overlap of people who thought BvS was a great movie and people who like the JL one more. Emotional investment in a property is a hell of a drug.

There's probably a 100% overlap of people who think The Flash is a great TV show and people who like the TV one more, Emotional investment in a property is a hell of a drug.

The JL one looks better to me. I've never seen The Flash TV show and I think BvS is garbage.

Lifeline

Movie Flash looks better.

TV Barry's best costume was his first one:
latest

Both are fine, for their respective purposes. Original CW suit needed an upgrade for a long time now. What I will say is the JL Flash helmet is much better, albeit, not as practical for a TV schedule. Suit design, in theory, is great as well. But they're going for shoddy home built look.

And while I'm not about the Injustice designs, the default Injustice 2 Flash is pretty good.

sirap

CW version by a mile. I mean they gave us this:

tumblr_inline_o67ltshS2s1rwb5g2_500.gif

Nutted but she still sucking.

Man, I really miss Zoom. Despite a few fumbles that season really delivered on a lot of things. Teddy Sears played (both) role perfectly. So much better than this Savitar mess :(

I think the justice league version is way better, like not even close. I like the flash tv series but I've always thought the costume looked.....not great.

Ithil

It's what the Flash would look like a modern mesh-weave tensile strength era.

The CW Flash looks terrible and anyone who believes otherwise really needs to up their costume game. Like, there's good design, mediocre design, bad design and whatever the fuck CW Flash is categorized as (hint: it's not good). You know your design is whack when the majority of Flash cosplayers at convention whatever does it better.

Like, I get hating on the DCEU but this is something that's not even close to a reasonable stance. You may as well argue BvS is better than Citizen Kane.

So you are literally claiming "If you say you don't like this DCEU costume you don't know good costume design and also are biased" as your defense of that costume.

WillyFive

CW's costume is nothing great (especially with that dome shaped head), but the JL one had some concentrated and elaborate effort to make it look as bad and anti-Flash as possible.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You know your design is whack when the majority of Flash cosplayers at convention whatever does it better.

Gonna need receipts on this. I've seen a lot of good cosplay that put "official" productions to shame but not for Flash.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
All Flash costumes look okay in motion if you can't fucking see them because he's running so fast.

BobLoblaw

Banned
So you are literally claiming "If you say you don't like this DCEU costume you don't know good costume design and also are biased" as your defense of that costume.
I think it's more of, "If you like the CW costume, then you have bad taste in costumes." I'd agree.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Both of those costumes are pretty awful. DC Fuckin up all around as usual

Don't get why JL Flash needs to be in what looks like armor. Be the flash man, be quick and avoid hits. All that extra crap is too distracting

sirap

Gonna need receipts on this. I've seen a lot of good cosplay that put "official" productions to shame but not for Flash.

Yup. Batman? Sure. The Flash...nah.

Problem with Flash's costume is that unless you've got the physique of Asafa Powell it's damn near impossible to rock the OG spandex bodysuit. That leaves you with (a) fake, bulky ass muscles padding like the 90's show or (b) rejected biker jackets CW uses.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Don't get why JL Flash needs to be in what looks like armor. Be the flash man, be quick and avoid hits. All that extra crap is too distracting
This is my thought as well. Why the shoulder pads, as if he needs them reinforced? He moves at speeds where any kind of physical protection is irrelevant.

Might as well give Supes a crotch guard.

I will say the cross hatch lines are probably good for lending themselves to SFX like in that gif, because of the way they break up harsh lighting with dynamic-looking lines and angles, but this is less "costume design" and more "effects design".

BadAss2961

The armored suit looks better in motion, but the Batman and Superman costumes show they can do much better. Hope Flash eventually takes after those fabric based suits and gets his traditional look.

The CW costume is just ass. It's like the Flash version of Captain America in Avengers 1.

It's not really to protect him. The suit we've seen so far is his homemade suit that he created using NASA material. It's to withstand high-temps and electricity so it won't disintegrate while he's running and the wires are for elasticity so his movement isn't restricted. He gets a new costume later on in the movie built by Bruce.

Yeah I prefer the film costume more, CW Flash looks exactly like a costume for a show made on a $20 budget.
Yep. But the movie one is certainly overlooked. At least at a glance. Even then it's clearly better constructed, better fitted, and makes Barry look bigger and stronger.

I look forward to the wire explanations, though.

The sad thing is that the film could have an amazing costume. They have the budget. They chose to make him look fucking awful because they're too busy trying to make these characters look edgy to focus on what makes them special. Don't even get me started on Cyborg.

Yep. But the movie one is certainly overlooked. At least at a glance. Even then it's clearly better constructed, better fitted, and makes Barry look bigger and stronger.

I look forward to the wire explanations, though.
The random lines running all over the place, giraffe neck, fingerless gloves and the fact that the material looks like sci-fi heavy armor all ruin the JL costume imo. Even if it does look more expensive than the CW one, at best they both suck.

Boke1879

The sad thing is that the film could have an amazing costume. They have the budget. They chose to make him look fucking awful because they're too busy trying to make these characters look edgy to focus on what makes them special. Don't even get me started on Cyborg.

Nah his costume actually looks fine.

Also like many have said. This is a suit Flash kinda threw together himself. He gets a better one that Bruce makes for him.

That said. This thread is scraping bottom of the barrel. Both costumes aren't bad because no one really is truly bothered by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom