• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much are you spending on a Switch day one?

KiteGr

Games: 40-60 euros
Console: 40-60 euros

I might want to play some of the games (especially if it's backwards compatible) but that's not going to convince me to get it at launch.

CazTGG

Well, add another $50 onto my total thanks to buying this given the short battery life of the Switch and the inability to change it, apparently (no tax, oddly enough):

261721559255.jpg

Sealtest

EB Games -
$451 CAD - Switch Console
$90.39 CAD - Zelda so I can play day 1.
$19.20 CAD - Hori Playstand
$28.24 CAD - Hori Premium Screen Protector
$101.69 CAD - Pro Controller

Amazon -
$99.38 CAD - All BOTW Amiibo
$117.51 CAD - Zelda Special Edition ( Friends )
$104.93 USD - Zelda Master Edition ( Mine - Hopefully PO Box doesn't lose this one )

Pretty much over 1k Canadian. Friend is paying for the special edition after it arrives so I'll count that in my total. Then after my master edition arrives I'll be selling the sealed Zelda to a friend for $20 under retail.

Thanks to Best Buy, GCU and the Visa $25 discount.
$300 - Switch
$100 - PDP Case + Zelda + 1 2 Switch
$65 - Pro Controller + Puyo Puyo
$40 - MK8 Deluxe

Total: around $500 with taxes. Not too bad.

I wanted to get Joy Cons Neon colors, since I have grey switch but I'll hold on until I get more MP games. Also holding out for an Micro SD Card until I really need it.
Definitely want to get Splatoon 2, (possibly) Fire Emble Warriors and definitely Odyssey.
Fingers cross for Gamecube virtual console games in the future, I know Nintendo wants my money.

Edit: Oh yeah I guess I might buy the Zelda Season Pass, but I want to know whats in those cheats first before buying it. Don't really give a damn about a t-shirt.

Thanks to Best Buy, GCU and the Visa $25 discount.
$300 - Switch
$100 - PDP Case + Zelda + 1 2 Switch
$85 - Pro Controller + Puyo Puyo
$40 - MK8 Deluxe

Total: around $570 with taxes. Not too bad.

I wanted to get Joy Cons Neon colors, since I have grey switch but I'll hold on until I get more MP games. Also holding out for an Micro SD Card until I really need it.
Definitely want to get Splatoon 2, (possibly) Fire Emble Warriors and definitely Odyssey.
Fingers cross for Gamecube virtual console games in the future, I know Nintendo wants my money.

MK8 and Puyo Puyo aren't out day 1...

Compsiox

Banned
Zelda and the switch.

$360 plus tax.

I'll definitely get a case later. I can't believe it doesn't at least come with like some sort of baggie to hold the tablet in.

Ricky 7

Switch - £280
Zelda - £50
64 GB microSD - £16
Travel Case - £16

Total = £362

Jheez that's expensive. Not sure if I should go through with it, wish there were more games.

Cepheus

Just however much the console and Bomberman costs. Unless I walk into Game on launch day and they still have spare Joy-Cons, in which case I'll buy those. Maybe Zelda and 1-2-Switch too.

Teran

Switch
Zelda
Pro Controller

£389

Friend got me an Amazon gift card for Christmas so I spent that on a carrying case and stuff. <3

Cerium

Switch: $300
Pro Controller: $65 (Amazon Japan)
200GB Micro SD: $70
Extra Joy-Cons: $80
Zelda: $50 (Amazon Prime)
Zelda DLC: $20

$635

Oh yeah and the Waterfield case which may be anywhere from $60 to $80.

So about $700.

EDarkness

I had to revise my day one list:

$300 NS system
$60 Breath of the Wild
$40 I Am Setsuna
$60 200GB microSD card

Total: $460

Not too bad. I'll have a couple of games to play and I'll probably pick up a couple of games in March as well. Hope there's some good stuff on the eShop.

Air

Banned
If I can get a switch and a case, it'll be about $70.

I have a gift card for Amazon for $25 which lets me get Zelda (I have prime so I get an additional discount) and a gift card from gamestop for $270. I'm going to try to get the case too for $20, so it comes to around $70.

I'll get a pro controller in the spring/summer

$300 - Switch
$53 (est.) - Pro Controller via BB deal
$36 (est.) - Breath of the Wild via BB deal
$50 - SD Card

Case will come after I see some reviews

solomon

Just buying the system and hoping they have a decent virtual console around launch, I'll start buying around Mario Kart's launch.

Not

Banned
Well at this point:

300.00- Switch
60.00-100.00 + tax- Zelda
70.00 + tax- Pro controller
369.00- UHD TV (because my 720p one ehhh)

So somewhere in the neighborhood of $859 at most. Jesus Christ. Sigh. Well, at least the TV should last me a few years.

etrain911

I would spend $300 on a Switch with 1-2 Switch and a like 4 GB SD card very easily and $350 for a Switch bundled with something like Spl2oon or BOTW.

Cutebrute

Wow awesome.

Wow. That's a really awesome thing to do. Respect.

That's cool are you doctor or something

Thanks! I really appreciate the kind words. I actually work in retail banking, and I met the patient's grandmother a few months back. We would talk about her grandson often, and I learned about his obsession with all things Nintendo, Mario in particular. I have not yet met the boy myself, but he seems like a standout kid, so my girlfriend and I decided to buckle down and commit to a second Switch.

The build-up to the Switch launch has somehow become the best part of my job, haha.

I'm starting to think about 1,2 Switch. Seems like something my kids would really like. And I'm going to probably run to the Walmart around the corner from my house on launch day to see if I can grab the dual blue Joycons. Just looks so good in the blue.

So I'm in for the system, Zelda, a PDP case, a screen protector, and Bomberman for sure. So $410 plus tax for sure. And that's all paid for with Amazon gift cards already.
Not bad in my opinion. A lot less than what I spent on the PS4 launch. Even if I get 1,2 and the blue cons, I'll be OK with that. Benefits of launching with less games, I guess.

Switch Console: $399.99
Zelda BotW Special Edition: $129.99
Super Bomberman R: $69.99
1-2-Switch $64.99
Pro Controller: $89.99
AC Adapter: $39.99
Official Nintendo Case: $24.99

Grand Total after tax: $926.52 Canadian dollhairs on Day one (All of this has been paid already, too)

On top of all that, I'm planning on I Am Setsuna via eShop, and importing Minna No Spelunker and Nobunaga's Ambition which will be a couple hundred bucks extra. And I need a Micro SD card as well. Plus, I've preordered a PDP case, and will be in for a Waterfield CitySlicker Case. The phrase "More money than brains" keeps coming to mind....

jrDev

Only paying for Zelda at $45!

Will be getting the system from Gamestop for free with my credit (didn't preorder, hoping to cop one on Midnight launch fingers crossed). And a case!

So maybe $60 total!

CEJames

Switch Console: $399.99
Zelda BotW Special Edition: $129.99
Super Bomberman R: $69.99
1-2-Switch $64.99
Pro Controller: $89.99
AC Adapter: $39.99
Official Nintendo Case: $24.99

Grand Total after tax: $926.52 Canadian dollhairs on Day one (All of this has been paid already, too)

On top of all that, I'm planning on I Am Setsuna via eShop, and importing Minna No Spelunker and Nobunaga's Ambition which will be a couple hundred bucks extra. And I need a Micro SD card as well. Plus, I've preordered a PDP case, and will be in for a Waterfield CitySlicker Case. The phrase "More money than brains" keeps coming to mind....

Man..............oh man......

All I need for now is the console ($300) and Zelda ($60 digital). I'll pick up the largest SD card available (hopefully more than 200GB) and some other games later on.

essenn

Switch - $400
Zelda - $20 (traded in a couple games)
Bomberman - $60

that's it day 1, unless SnipperClips releases. I'll buy 1, 2 Switch if GAF impressions are good

Switch
Zelda on both consoles.
Extra set of Joycons
Joycon charging grip.

I utilized the $25 promo with the accessories and Zelda, along with some reservations for Odyssey and MK8 (reserved the system before the deal) over two transactions, so overall on day one I'll be spending $420 after tax. Thanks to the promo, both Odyssey and MK8 will be $38.01 when they both release.

Hedgey

Canadian pricing!
Grey Switch $400+13% tax (got this down to $180 thanks to trades)
Zelda $80+tax (trade 3 get it free)
Zelda Special Edition x2 $117 after tax. (one for a friend)
Total is $776.40 (excluding trades)

Memles

All via Best Buy: Switch without discounts, Zelda Special Edition with just GCU, everything else with GCU or Visa Checkout deals.

System: $318
Zelda Special Edition: $85
Extra Set of Joy-Con (Red/Blue): $63.59
Charging Grip: $26.49
1-2-Switch: $32.74
Pro Controller: $55.64

Total: $581.24

Somewhat regret the Charging Grip given that I ended up being able to get a Pro Controller, but I was filling space for the $100 Visa Checkout deals, and it seemed logical given I was ordering another set of Joy-Con. I suppose it will be useful if I ever need to make sure all four Joy-Con are charged, and it's nice to know I basically have no need of ever buying another accessory for the system.

MK8, Splatoon, Mario, and Arms are also all-preordered, so I figure $720 for a new console and a year's worth of games/accessories is ultimately a bargain yes I am aware this is an intense self-delusion.

Top Bottom