• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How well do you think Mass Effect: Andromeda will sell?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It'll probably sell a lot more than all the pessimism talk of GAF(and god knows it's one of our strongest point) would make you think.

HaloRose

Banned
People saying the game will sale low you want the game to fail. Not everyone in the real world got the same thinking as neogaf. It's just like star wars before it came out.

Things against
Lukewarm to negative reception from core gamers to marketing materials
Animation fiasco surpassed ACU meme levels
RPG fan antipathy to Bioware (especially from RPG Codex)
General core gamer antipathy to EA and Origin
Serious genre fatigue
Insanely strong competition from Zelda, Horizon, Nier, Torment, etc
Massive overhang from ME3 ending disappointment

Some of these... lmao

I'm guessing 6m by year end and 10m lifetime.

ManeKast

I preordered the super deluxe without even looking at any of these pros and cons. Sci fi rpgs? No competition. Not even looking at reviews or previews I'm just in.

I think it will do just great.

Corpekata

Banned
Seems to be tracking well on Amazon. Deluxe Edition is at #2 in ps4 games and standard is #5.

Kind of weird the deluxe edition is outselling the standard, lol.

It's actually listed first when looking it up.

I've been finding that a lot lately, actually. Like on PSN if I look up a game these days it defaults to the more expensive versions usually. Seems like it might be a tactic they're trying out. Like McDonald's trying to default you into Super Sizing, making you clarify you want medium, but a lot don't notice.

Catdaddy

It's actually listed first when looking it up.

I've been finding that a lot lately, actually. Like on PSN if I look up a game these days it defaults to the more expensive versions. Seems like it might be a tactic they're trying out.

Yep - got hit on RE7 from the XB store, they put the $89 version first and I clicked and noticed seconds afterwards - thankfully, MS refunded it and I bought the standard one..

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
EA seems to care about Battlefield and ONLY Battlefield.

I have concerns that it will not sell well at all, eventhough it will likely be a great game.

geordiemp

Uh....gonna ask for the source on this.

Uh, OK

http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-3-infographic/

37.4 % of players got 100 % galactic readiness - played a good chunk of multiplayer and finished allot of the challenges.

On the multiplayer side, squads of player peacekeepers outdid themselves with massacring enemy forces to the tune of 10.7 billion slain overall.

The stats were presented at PAX, multiplayer was very popular.

ThEoRy...

I don't really care about how many millions of sales it gets. Unless of course you consider that potential sequels could depend on how well it does. I'm buying it and my friends are buying it so that's what matters the most to me.

AA5lJ84.gif

I need the origin post for this GIF. I need it now.

Mindlog

Anything short of 40 million is a sure sign of a series in decline and would likely lead to EA shuttering the series and Bioware permanently.

I'm going out on a limb here but I really think this is the game that will really hook in the masses. I'm willing to say this will be the best selling RPG of all time.

This is a once in a lifetime type of game transcendent across every generation and every level of interest in gaming.

Nekrono

I think it's going to sell really well. Andromeda seems to be shooting for ME1 in terms of exploration and being dropped in this fantastic universe with great characters and worlds.

From what I've seen and read so far this really seems to be the case, trying to "emulate" what ME1 did seems to be the best option for a new saga only this time on a much larger scale.

Once reviews and word of mouth gets out confirming that this is the case a lot of people will jump in out of ME1 love alone.

Shredderi

I think it will be similar to Dishonored 2 where the expectations will not be met. I base that on pretty lukewarm hype, just like with Dishonored 2 and Deus Ex.

Regardless of its quality, Mass Effect is a huge brand. So ME:A will do really well just on brand recognition alone.
yep. Uncharted 4 sold over 8 million copies the year it released (although it was bundled too).

In terms of inception and legacy, Mass Effect is in a similar spot, so I think it'll sell just fine.

Vlightray

I find that with the release of such awesome games recently the bar has been held high against andromeda. That said imo it will do well.

Looks great as an Rpg to me.

Kneecap

EA themselves predict about 6-9m. Could be the best selling game of the year until the big boys come out in the fall. Just depends on Wildlands' legs, and if Horizon can get close to Uncharted 4 numbers.

It will sell at around 6 million triggering a reevaluation by EA-ware of just exactly how much more complexity and game play systems they have to remove to hit 9 million.

gow3isben

Reviews over 85: 5 million lifetime on PS4, 2 million on xbox one.

80-85: 4 million lifetime, 1.7 million Xbox one

Looks too good to fall below this review range.

StereoVsn

Reviews over 85: 5 million lifetime on PS4, 2 million on xbox one.

80-85: 4 million lifetime, 1.7 million Xbox one

Looks too good to fall below this review range.
You forgot PC which will add another 1mil or more on top. I generally agree with the estimates above, namely the higher range.

While personally I don't like what they have done with the series it made it more approachable and more what general public would want.

It's going to do very well. Gaf is one of the only places who shits and has so much negativity against this game for some reason

Core gamers have never been particularly good at emotionally processing games that are aimed at a different demographic, and BioWare committed the cardinal sin of being a company formerly beloved by core gamers that then decided to look for a different audience.

Vengal

I think enough multiplayer packs will sell to bridge any gap negative criticism will produce so long as the multiplayer is good. ME3 made more then enough off those packs.

Core gamers have never been particularly good at emotionally processing games that are aimed at a different demographic, and BioWare committed the cardinal sin of being a company formerly beloved by core gamers that then decided to look for a different audience.

What different audience are they looking for? Looks very much like a Mass Effect game to me. Only with a story not nearly as compelling as the original trilogy from what I've seen so far. Hell I even lime Dragon Age Inquisition so it's not like I'm anti-Bioware. It just doesn't look like a great game so far. I hope I'm wrong.

Top Bottom