• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hugh Jackman Having Second Thoughts About Wolverine Retirement Following Logan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

no shit

it was all about leverage for a bigger payday

dude is more jacked than ever, man

plus marvel needs to get the rights back with him still in the role, damn it >_<

OldMan

Banned
Change of heart perhaps? No actor played a superhero true to his original design that Hugh has with his Wolverine gig

Gut reaction was, lets move on and do more creative stuff... but, that said, I've had a change of heart too, Hugh. You slay as Wolverine. Keep going, I say.

iFirez

I don't know: Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man comes to mind.
He oozes Tony Stark's personality too its crazy, he's pretty much him in real life... minus the flying suits of armor.

I adore Hugh Jackman, he's been great - even in the terrible wolverine standalone movies, he's the only thing that makes them watchable -- what am I saying, they're not watchable. Logan looks amazing though, I have faith - hopefully its not ill place faith.

Hugh Jackman retiring as Wolverine without never once putting on the iconic Wolverine costume after 17 years in the role would be a crime against humanity.

it would be a crime against humanity to sully his perfect portrayal and legacy with that clown costume.

cLOUDo

Why people says is for money
He even took a Paycut to Make Sure the movie Could Be Rated R

He clearly love the character and is very grateful about it

rdytoroll

Yes please

giphy.gif

I think he's sick of typical "PG13 but also have to appeal to kids" esque superhero flicks. Seeing his comments regarding Deadpool and Logan having more creative freedom makes me think that his potential return is only contingent on the films being R rated.

I don't give a shit about yellow spandex, but I would love to see him do another. Also need to see Yukio again, because she too damn fun in The Wolverine to be retconned out of existence forever.

Dude is like 50 and eats a garbage truck worth of protein a day, probably shits out solid rock, give him a break. He can skip leg day if he wants to.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I kinda wish he was in other/better movies more often. His shoulders have gotta hurt from carrying these XMen movies.

NMFried

Jackman is Wolverine now. As much as I'd love to see him stay as the character, I think that X series has run its course.

Let Deadpool take the Fox reins, introduce X-Force and The New Mutants, then bring back the classic X-Men and Wolverine later on down the line.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There was a rumor that Ryan Renyolds shot a Deadpool scene for Logan last month. But that got shot-down.

I could see Jackman doing it. I really don't see what else he has going on right now that would stop him from doing it and then retiring if he REALLY is tired of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom