• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So we got a bit of confirmation that Emperor Time's condition is a relatively new thing Kurapika came up with to try and avoid what happened to him at the end of York New. Not sure how well that's working out for him...

So we got a bit of confirmation that Emperor Time's condition is a relatively new thing Kurapika came up with to try and avoid what happened to him at the end of York New. Not sure how well that's working out for him...
Use it for certain amounts of time and get knocked out for three times the duration. Lol, how is that even strategically smart?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So Emperor Time is just an incredibly exhausting ability in of itself even without his insane condition?

Mael

Are we even sure that the nen maid at the end is part of the guy talking just before?
Seems like it's another guy using his nen to get to the meeting.
The whole thing isn't going to end well.

So Emperor Time is just an incredibly exhausting ability in of itself even without his insane condition?

From this chapter, it's implied that Kurapika just added conditions in hope that it would lessen the physical exhaustion....It didn't.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Use it for certain amounts of time and get knocked out for three times the duration. Lol, how is that even strategically smart?

It's obviously not what he wanted when he set that condition.

From this chapter, it's implied that Kurapika just added conditions in hope that it would lessen the physical exhaustion....It didn't.

Which makes me wonder if the condition itself even took. What happens when you set a condition but your Nen doesn't do what you want it to? Does the condition still play out? Does it cancel? Does it rebound or refund?

This development just leads to more questions that we might not get answers to until the end of the arc.

Daingurse

I love the first page of this chapter with the zoom out from the "smaller" ship to the huge whale ship and then zooming out again to make that tiny and insignificant. Togashi still has it.

Also I suspect shit has gone down while Kurapika was passed out that we haven't heard about yet.

Yeah, I loved the sense of scale that that panel conveyed. Feels like something horrible could be lurking in Lake Mobius.

And man, Kurapika was out for 9 hours with Emperor's Time activated, and he looks absolutely horrible. This is day 2 :(

Mael

Which makes me wonder if the condition itself even took. What happens when you set a condition but your Nen doesn't do what you want it to? Does the condition still play out? Does it cancel? Does it rebound or refund?

This development just leads to more questions that we might not get answers to until the end of the arc.

I think it does.
it lessened the burden in the end, he expected the burden to be gone but it did do what he expected in the end.
He was alseep for 9 hours instead of weeks like before.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, I loved the sense of scale that that panel conveyed. Feels like something horrible could be lurking in Lake Mobius.

And man, Kurapika was out for 9 hours with Emperor's Time activated, and he looks absolutely horrible. This is day 2 :(

At least he was able to finally turn it off this chapter.

Daingurse

I think it does.
it lessened the burden in the end, he expected the burden to be gone but it did do what he expected in the end.
He was alseep for 9 hours instead of weeks like before.

Yeah, it lessened the burden for sure. Kurapika was laid out after York New City, and didn't have his shit activated for this long.

Mr Git

Another wonderful chapter. What/who was that at the end?
Kalluto?

So the Prince's Nen Beast can phase through physical matter? Terrorsandwich's creepy stitched up horse woman thing just kind of appeared in the vent system.

Yeah it appeared to move ethereally - most of its head/s weren't in the vent. Also Terrorsandwich is now what he is called in my head

Euphony

Banned
Is it though?
I mean the one using that nen ability seems to also be talking about that smug ass guy.

I reread that part again and it does seem like someone else is talking in the last couple of panels. Regardless I still think it's some bodyguard's Nen ability

Daingurse

Yeah I was wondering that. Guess we'll find out next week!
pray to Zeus for no hiatus

Didn't the parasite nen beast creatures phase in and out of the walls? I'll have to re-read that chapter.

I think Hstallion is talking about Nen beasts we saw earlier in the series. The Parasitic Nen beasts all seem to have incoporeal traits.

Fandangox

Didn't the parasite nen beast creatures phase in and out of the walls? I'll have to re-read that chapter.

Correct.

imdBShq.png

HStallion

Yeah I was wondering that. Guess we'll find out next week!
pray to Zeus for no hiatus

I meant more so like the Nen beasts Razor or Gorineau used during the dodge ball matches. Having a Nen beast that could go incorporeal would have been pretty useful for that type of game.

Mr Git

I think Hstallion is talking about Nen beasts we saw earlier in the series. The Parasitic Nen beasts all seem to have incoporeal traits.

I meant more so like the Nen beasts Razor or Gorineau used during the dodge ball matches. Having a Nen beast that could go incorporeal would have been pretty useful for that type of game.

Ahh okay I see. Yeah definitely - I guess those could be switched or merged so incorporeality isn't too much further. These beasts seem to be on another level. Terrorsandwich's is genuinely terrifying.

Wait those were Nen beasts? I just lumped them into the Nen manifestations category. I guess just because they didn't look wretched as fuck.

Nibel

Man, that Nen beast of Prince Turbosandwich or whatshisface appearing out of nowhere was fucking creepy

This whole arc is fucking creepy

I really enjoy this arc

HStallion

Wait those were Nen beasts? I just lumped them into the Nen manifestations category. I guess just because they didn't look wretched as fuck.

Yea I also thought they were an Emission/Manipulation Nen ability and not Nen beasts.

I guess its hard to tell what is actually a Nen beast and what's not. Well then there is the Nen exorcist who helped the Phantom Troupe. I'm fairly sure they directly call the creature he summoned a Nen beast.

I guess its hard to tell what is actually a Nen beast and what's not. Well then there is the Nen exorcist who helped the Phantom Troupe. I'm fairly sure they directly call the creature he summoned a Nen beast.
Yeah that's a Nen beast. I think anything macabre looking falls into the Nen beast category.

Fandangox

I think the distinction to tell a part a Nen beast from a simple creatured emitted/conjured by Nen is whether the Nen creatures are at the beck and call of the Nen master.

Tocino, Goreinu, and Razor could obviously see, and control the creautures emitted from their nen.

Abengane could see the creature conjured by the conditions of his exorcism process, and Shizuku could see and control her conjured vaccuum.

IIRC The Nen beast term is new, and it so far it has only applied to the beasts created from the Kakin jar and a key distinction is that the hosts cannot see nor control their creature, even if they know Nen like Benjamin.

Euphony

Banned
It's only been about a day since the ship embarked. I'm scared to imagine what else could happen in the 8 or so weeks they have left until they reach the fake new continent.

Also I didn't notice it before, but is the VIP deck a ship inside the whale ship? I thought it was just shaped like a ship and not actually one.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder if Kurapica is going to add false lessons or information to catch the actual nen users

Nah, it's more his style to use his powers to fool them into thinking his powers are different by teaching like a pro in a different nen field.

HStallion

It's only been about a day since the ship embarked. I'm scared to imagine what else could happen in the 8 or so weeks they have left until they reach the fake new continent.

Also I didn't notice it before, but is the VIP deck a ship inside the whale ship? I thought it was just shaped like a ship and not actually one.

Yeah its literally a smaller ship in a pool on top of the Black Whale or whatever its called. Its not even a small ship, it looks like a gigantic yacht or even a cruise ship. The Whale ship is just fucking huge, its like the size of a small city. I believe there are over 100,000 people on board. The smaller ship is what they will use to reach land.

Mael

The nen beast in this arc aren't just Nen Beasts, they're Parasitic Nen Beast.
They could have certain properties that others don't.
We know little and less about them, we know for sure that some can phase through walls.

HStallion

I forgot about the scene where all the Nen beasts are phasing through the walls before Momoze's possessed that one body guard. Where all those Nen beasts from Momoze as many look extremely different.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I forgot about the scene where all the Nen beasts are phasing through the walls before Momoze's possessed that one body guard. Where all those Nen beasts from Momoze as many look extremely different.

We know for sure one of them is (the big bear). No idea about any of the others, we still don't know what all of the Nen beasts look like. Hell, we don't know what the baby's beast looks like.

My hiatus anxiety is through the roof right now.

The fact that only a single day has passed over the 10 chapters we've been on the boat... we're not going to finish this arc before 2022, are we?

Momoze's is the giant hamster. The lizards are Tyson's, the dragon is Marayam's, and the jellyfish belong to either one of the twin sisters or Woble.

remz

The thing in the last panel was dressed like one of the maids. I think it either belongs to one of the maids that got sent to the training session and seemed unphased by nen or (moonshot) one of woble's maids. OR HOL UP what if it's the queen???????

Top Bottom