• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

kurapika and emperor time is a metaphor for togashi and drawing a weekly manga
eDjHoOU.gif
He is definitely self loathing.

The namesake of the Nen on the final page gives a good hint of it's ability. The only thing I'm unsure of at the moment is if the Nen is just Nen, or if it's something akin to Feitan's nen (being wearable) with an additional ability of invisibility added on top the likely main power. On that note you should all watch They Were Eleven, fun older anime movie.

He's not going on hiatus

Let's not kid ourselves here. He had 11 chapters last year, 0 in 2015 and 9 in 2014. We're at 8 currently.

Until he comes to America and gets some sort of experimental miracle surgery that cures his back, HxH will never maintain regular publication for more than a few months.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Let's not kid ourselves here. He had 11 chapters last year, 0 in 2015 and 9 in 2014. We're at 8 currently.

Until he comes to America and gets some sort of experimental miracle surgery that cures his back, HxH will never maintain regular publication for more than a few months.

Most of his weekly comments are pretty normal stuff at this point so his back hopefully isn't killing him still.

Snakeyes

So Tse told his boys to kill everyone if they're unable to learn Nen in two weeks... How are they supposed to do that with at least 8 experienced Nen users around?

Daingurse

kurapika and emperor time is a metaphor for togashi and drawing a weekly manga
eDjHoOU.gif

Damn, I can see that. YYH really sounded like it took a toll on him. Drawing a weekly series just seems so difficult, and that's not even taking health issues into account. Being a mangaka seems so damn demanding.

So Tse told his boys to kill everyone if they're unable to learn Nen in two weeks... How are they supposed to do that with at least 8 experienced Nen users around?

Tse is extremely arrogant and pretty clueless when it comes to Nen. He doesn't care if they killed anyway, and it isn't surprising if some of his bodyguards are sadists just like him. Anyway, yeah, they would get squished.

upandaway

Pretty sure that Tserried's logic is that if they couldn't learn it in that timeframe then they're useless and should self destruct.

I come in here to check for rumblings of it before I read the chapter. :p

My heart just can't take another translator's note about a hiatus. Even though I've been reading this since around 04 or something.
Let's pray!!

Pretty sure that Tserried's logic is that if they couldn't learn it in that timeframe then they're useless and should self destruct.
Yeah. That's what I thought. They are disposable.

Tse is extremely arrogant and pretty clueless when it comes to Nen. He doesn't care if they killed anyway, and it isn't surprising if some of his bodyguards are sadists just like him. Anyway, yeah, they would get squished.
His only sane bodyguards are probably Theta and that tall dude she was talking to.

caliph95

From what little I remember partly because he wants to fight but mostly doesn't trust perfect cell and will be good for humanity
Is this the peace offering where the Ants would've just enslaved the weak people while letting the people with potential survive or was there a different one?
Yep doesn't sound great

HStallion

Netero was already committed by the time he actually met the King face to face at that point. Not only was it a threat to humanity but the world governments basically laid all the responsibility at the feet of the Hunter Association so if it all went to shit it was entirely on his organization. That and Netero wanted to see how he'd fare against the King in his old age so he was genuinely excited to take on such a powerful foe.

Netero was already committed by the time he actually met the King face to face at that point. Not only was it a threat to humanity but the world governments basically laid all the responsibility at the feet of the Hunter Association so if it all went to shit it was entirely on his organization. That and Netero wanted to see how he'd fare against the King in his old age so he was genuinely excited to take on such a powerful foe.
The fight changed them both for the better. They fought with a lot of respect and Netero was thankful to Meruem for the honor of fighting him. This is a sentiment that wouldn't have existed if HxH followed typical Shonen tropes and Gon's revenge crazed Jojo ass fought him.

Too bad we missed on the father son Hansen or boyfriend Friend janken
You really think Ging motherfucking Freecs would sit down and come up with a tag technique with his son? Git da fuq outta here. Ging would be like, "Kid I got shit to do." *said while wearing a wife beater*

MKIL65

Killua's relationship with his dad isn't much better. Nor with his big brother.

His mother will love him regardless of anything, but he doesn't care about her lol.

Poor kid, I honestly think he has it harder than Gon.

caliph95

His mother will love him regardless of anything, but he doesn't care about her lol.

His mom is crazy and possibly a cyborg

His only family is Alluka and the butlers

Killua didn't have to go through hell and back and climb a massive tree to get his dad to talk to him. I would like to think that Silva would have visited Killua in the hospital. Fuck Illumi though.

HStallion

Killua's family is basically the Adams Family of anime except Killua got tired of the joke. He seems cool with his grandfather though Zeno doesn't seem to give a fuck about much of anything.

caliph95

Killua didn't have to go through hell and back and climb a massive tree to get his dad to talk to him. I would like to think that Silva would have visited Killua in the hospital. Fuck Illumi though.
Silva is willing to talk to his kid or at least check up on him because he's kinda of an investment and he does seem to enable otaku Zoldyk

Killua's family is basically the Adams Family of anime except Killua got tired of the joke. He seems cool with his grandfather though Zeno doesn't seem to give a fuck about much of anything.
I would say that Zeno is chill. He seems to be the most balanced one, which is freaky.
Silva is willing to talk to his kid or at least check up on him because he's kinda of an investment and he does seem to enable otaku Zoldyk
Yeah Silva at least attempts to be a dad. Ging's like that guy that shouts "I take care of my kids" and doesn't really do anything except fucking drink.

MKIL65

Gon seemed pretty happy about it all!

Killua looks depressed and stressed 24/7 with regards to life goals. Mainly because he has none!

caliph95

Killua whole thing is finding something to do other than be and assassin and follows Gon because he's fun to hang out with, his only friend besides two adults who need a sit and has nothing better to do

Gon is my least favorite protagonist out of the four.
Killua > Kurapika > Leorio > Gon.
I mean...I'd argue with you but I can't. Kurapika and Gon are pretty much equally self destructive though and Killua and Leeorio are the voices of reason to two fucking crazy people.

Top Bottom