• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hurricane Season 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

map_tropprjpath12_ltst_5nhato_enus_650x366.jpg

at201312_ensmodel.gif

NH Apache

Banned
Unfuckingbelievable.

A whole summer of nothing, and on the weekend that I'm supposed to get married (outside), this shit comes up. I'm crossing the shit out of my fingers hoping that since we lie on the left boundary, we'll miss it.

Shit!

130434W5_NL_sm.gif

Kaladin

The wedding is in Covington, LA.

If it goes east, then the weather should be beautiful, but fuck you Karen I hate you anyways.

You're on the border of that line almost....you might get some rain depending on the size of the storm.

Better buy or rent some pop-up tents.

NH Apache

Banned
You're on the border of that line almost....you might get some rain depending on the size of the storm.

Better buy or rent some pop-up tents.

We got a bigass tent already, crossing fingers.

Some more graphics:

And from Chris Franklin, New Orleans Fox 8 morning weather guy:

A southwesterly flow across the northern Gulf of Mexico will likely push the system toward the east and keep the bulk of the rainfall over the AL and FL coasts. A deep upper trough will also force the storms east as it pushes a cold front into the area this weekend. The front looks to pass through by early Sunday and less humid, more Fall-like air will settle in for early next week!

Follow me on Twitter: @CFranklinFOX8

- Meteorologist Chris Franklin

Coketruck

Pensacola, Florida checking in here. Looks like we're going to take it on the chin. Hope things work out for you, Apache.

B.K.

It figures this happens. The weekend I'm going to Panama City, the first landfall of the year happens in the area.

Konka

Banned
The Houston Chronicle already declared Hurricane Season over for the gulf coast. Even if something does form, the cool fronts that are already pushing through on a somewhat consistent basis will whisk them away to the east.

These past couple years of hurricane seasons have been duds.

Well now...

sandy_goe_2012302_1745_lrg-1.jpg

Pagusas

Elden Member
PRAYING so hard that the Bahamas (specifically Nassau) stays clear and safe. Our Honeymoon is to Atlantis on Oct. 28th.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The wedding is in Covington, LA.

If it goes east, then the weather should be beautiful, but fuck you Karen I hate you anyways.

how funny would it be if your future wife was named Karen also?

Sucks man hope it misses you.

Karen isn't going to be a big threat to anyone, hurricane watches have been downgraded. Conditions have been really poor for storms this season, no different here.

Mully

Well now...

sandy_goe_2012302_1745_lrg-1.jpg

I think he was talking about for the Gulf Coast.

I'm still in awe of Sandy. The amount of damage she did towards my community and the sheer size of her are things I will never be able to wrap my head around.

Wilsongt

Karen better be the last one. I do not want to be on a cruise shit during the week of the 13th with a hurricane going on.

Last year when I was on my cruise, Patty was rumbling around. 15ft waves, boat swaying back and forth, going up and down with each wave... We were being tossed around and we were on the 3rd? largest cruise ship in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom