• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hurricane Season 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillGore

its all fun and games until the neighbors roof flies off and kills you. I have experiences.

Well, most houses here are made of cement so that definitely wouldn't be a problem :p

I just wish hurricanes could pass through without killing anybody. They are amazing to see, hear, experience.

One day I want to see a tornado, though obviously from far away (since they're more dangerous)

Kaladin

Things are looking better for my weekend. I'll be in the Keys Sat afternoon, and it should have blown over by then.

1069343_10100516663319823_1358052330_n.jpg

NH Apache

Banned
Never been myself but I picked up some good information from Amirox a few months ago in a thread I made on the subject:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=50698173&postcount=11

Awesome! Thanks. We'll be at the Sandals but will definitely check these out.

LOL, I may be going there in November for my honeymoon. Still haven't set anything in stone, but some of the B&Bs around the bay look incredible.

Seems awesome. Booking flights tonight and should be about 1700 round trip from New Orleans.

Thanks, and now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Relix may get a piece of it from its current track. waaaay to early to tell though. It may not even hold together even though it looks fairly healthy right now.

gwarm01

My first South Florida hurricane season has been pretty uneventful so far. I guess I should be thankful for that, but part of me can't help but want to experience a storm.

Kaladin

Any idea if Erin should come in before labor day weekend? I don't want it to fuck up my good time in TN again....got hit with a tropical storm in 2011 and it wasn't fun. I'm more worried about time frame than track at this point, I know it's hard to predict track but what about when it might reach us?

pestul

Any idea if Erin should come in before labor day weekend? I don't want it to fuck up my good time in TN again....got hit with a tropical storm in 2011 and it wasn't fun. I'm more worried about time frame than track at this point, I know it's hard to predict track but what about when it might reach us?
Yes, if it does make landfall with any intensity it will likely be before the Labor Day weekend. I'd say between the 25th and 30th.

Fuuu, all out of a sudden a tropical storm formed right under our butts (Fernand). Poured a good amount of water over here (Veracruz). Everything seems calm now that the thing moved inland during the night, but several parts of the city flooded. Weather dudes say it's gonna keep raining for a couple days more.

Fuuu, all out of a sudden a tropical storm formed right under our butts (Fernand). Poured a good amount of water over here (Veracruz). Everything seems calm now that the thing moved inland during the night, but several parts of the city flooded. Weather dudes say it's gonna keep raining for a couple days more.

That TS lasted less than half a day.

4fc82e6d1861330b90006bc6.jpg

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
I wish forecasters were as shitty about predicting droughts and record high temperatures as they are at predicting tropical weather and convection in general these days. They hawked rain for Southeast Texas all last week with the approach of that pissy low in the gulf and until just now 99% of the rain has stayed just offshore, giving the gulf waters a nice soaking.

I wish forecasters were as shitty about predicting droughts and record high temperatures as they are at predicting tropical weather and convection in general these days. They hawked rain for Southeast Texas all last week with the approach of that pissy low in the gulf and until just now 99% of the rain has stayed just offshore, giving the gulf waters a nice soaking.

I live in Brazoria County. It has been raining here for almost a day with no end in sight. Sorry yall haven't been getting any of the spoils

Tropics may be heating up. We could have 3 storms in the Atlantic by the end of the week. Looks like 2 fish storms and one near the Yucatan peninsula that will probably be a threat to Mexico

pestul

Tropics may be heating up. We could have 3 storms in the Atlantic by the end of the week. Looks like 2 fish storms and one near the Yucatan peninsula that will probably be a threat to Mexico
Yeah, the Atlantic is churning with systems right now (possible and formed). Late starting, but it is definitely picking up rapidly. It looks we (Newfoundland) will likely be in the crosshairs a couple of more times this fall.

Hey Baraka guess what? That 93 L system isn't coming to us because there's a High pressure over Texas. I swear there has been a high pressure over Texas for 3 years straight

map_specnewsdct-40_ltst_4namus_enus_320x180.jpg

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
That high could break down, depends on the now TD10 movement. The switch has been turned on in the Atlantic and it was about time.

Mully

Masters said the next few weeks are going to be slow, except for a possible chance of a coastal storm along the Eastern seaboard early next week.

He forecasted a possible opening for activity two-three weeks from now when wind sheer is expected to die down.

Masters said the next few weeks are going to be slow, except for a possible chance of a coastal storm along the Eastern seaboard early next week.

He forecasted a possible opening for activity two-three weeks from now when wind sheer is expected to die down.

The Houston Chronicle already declared Hurricane Season over for the gulf coast. Even if something does form, the cool fronts that are already pushing through on a somewhat consistent basis will whisk them away to the east.

These past couple years of hurricane seasons have been duds.

Kaladin

We finally have some activity.....Tropical Storm Karen is born in the gulf and it seems to be coming north for a visit.

map_specnewsdct-03_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366.jpg

I don't think it has enough space to fully develop though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom