• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Light Drifter Wii U and Vita Ports Cancelled | Dev Health and Engine Concerns

Palmer27

Yeah he has a condition where his heart could literally fail at any moment. The game is heavily inspired by his condition. Heart motifs, sick main character, the disease looking monolith creatures, etc.

Definitely saw all that in the game, makes it even more amazing knowing it was made contending with a real experience.

Is this game worth it? I want it but I'm skeptical about it.
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Visual-audio treat! I did play it small bursts over quite a while though, it was the kind of thing I played in the background. Combat felt great, however I felt relied in having the right upgrades, or else the challenge felt a bit imprecise.

Zubz

Banned
Yikes. I feel a little bad for Wii U and Vita backers, but this wasn't some mess like abandoning less-popular platforms. Alx definitely needs a break. Glad to hear they'll get refunds, and glad to know he's not going to work himself into poorer health.

I don't know if Alx Preston is one of the devs that reads GAF, but I hope he feels better soon.

I saw the Vice documentary about Alx and its both awesome and sad.

Alx's health > Vita game

Although I'm still bummed about it, hope the port goes through tho, heck I would love it if they also manage to get a physical run made by LRG. Hope for the best!

Real shame about this. I have the game on Steam and PS4 - legit GOTY contender for me and would have gladly bought for a third on Vita to go through NG+ (if it had cross-save).

Having said that, health is important. What this man has done is nothing short of amazing. This game is something else. Rest yourself homie, you did good.

Top Bottom