• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: new info from Famitsu [Up: Famitsu preview]

MrBadger

Zant?

Zant_Smile.jpg

Now all this game needs is Groose and Vaati.

Neiteio

Agitha? AGITHA???

She was my favorite NPC in Twilight Princess, with a house that gave me wacky Clock Town vibes, and a fun side-quest collecting bugs.

But making her playable is total waifu fan service. She's a delusional Gothic Lolita, not a killer!

But hey, not complaining, this is awesome.

Gartooth

I just want a Goron, Zora, and Deku character that play kind of like Majora's Mask (Might could skip the Deku, actually). Rolling through the battlefield as a Goron or using the double boomerangs of the Zora would be pretty awesome.

Agitha could be cool though, bug related movesets are usually interesting.

Majora's Mask version of Link would be the shit. Probably the most unique (fighting wise) version of the character in the entire series thanks to the masks.

Neiteio

Note about Zant -- Famitsu lists him as "aside from playable characters." Hopefully he'll still turn out playable, his design makes perfect sense for fighting.

NeonZ

Are villains typically playable in Musou games? Almost all the playable Zelda characters I'd like to see are villains. (Beast Ganon, Skull Kid / Majora, Zant, Ghirahim)

Usually there are very few npcs that are unique but not playable. Samurai Warriors 3 had two unique NPCs (6 counting the Murasama Castle bosses though, but they all could be unlocked as skins). Dynasty Warriors 7 and 8 only have one unique NPC.

I guess what might happen here though is that only the heroic characters will actually be fully playable in the main story and the others will be just for the "free mode" (battles based on the story battles, but allowing any character choice and without cutscenes) or its equivalent here.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Agitha? AGITHA???

She was my favorite NPC in Twilight Princess, with a house that gave me wacky Clock Town vibes, and a fun side-quest collecting bugs.

But making her playable is total waifu fan service. She's a delusional Gothic Lolita, not a killer!

But hey, not complaining, this is awesome.
hitting all sides of fanservice, I wonder if they're gonna give her a unique costume design or if she just be like midna

Neiteio

hitting all sides of fanservice, I wonder if they're gonna give her a unique costume design or if she just be like midna
They'll probably give Agitha clothes-ripping battle damage and attack animations where she sucks suggestively on a lollipop while looking oh so vulnerable (before unleashing swarms of flesh-eating locusts from under her skirt)

RiggyRob

Zant not playable?

Aside from playable characters, Famitsu also confirms that Argorok – who we’ve seen previously – and Zant from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will be appearing in Hyrule Warriors

Sounds like a non-playable boss from that quote, although it might just be the wording of it.

Neiteio

Zant not playable?

Sounds like a non-playable boss from that quote.
Yeah, but as per Warriors tradition, all humanoid-shaped bosses should be fully playable outside of the campaign in the game's dream mode. So Zant, Valga, etc, will probably all be playable in that way.

L~A

Yeah, but as per Warriors tradition, all humanoid-shaped bosses should be fully playable outside of the campaign in the game's dream mode. So Zant, Valga, etc, will probably all be playable in that way.

Yup. And note that this is from NE, not a direct quote from the magazine. Pretty sure all villains will be playable.

-Horizon-

They'll probably give Agitha clothes-ripping battle damage and attack animations where she sucks suggestively on a lollipop while looking oh so vulnerable (before unleashing swarms of flesh-eating locusts from under her skirt)

wrQaPQu.gif

It now shoots bees.

Neiteio

Yeah, that almost confirm there won't be 9 characters max, as some people suggested after seing the E3 demo.
The nine characters max never took into account the possibility of multiple pages or a demo build interface. Aonuma said he was really surprised by the sheer number of playable characters, and this is a series where some installments have 100+ characters. I know they can also feature around a dozen characters, but this being Zelda, I think they'll go all-out and basically reskin existing Warriors characters in the appearance of Zelda NPCs.

Speaking of which, if Agitha is in the game, I'm confident they'll add Saria, for reasons good and bad (but I'm in it for the good reasons, namely she's the coolest OoT Sage).

Kouriozan

Speaking of which, if Agitha is in the game, I'm confident they'll add Saria, for reasons good and bad (but I'm in it for the good reasons, namely she's the coolest OoT Sage).

Oh yeah, Saria would be amazing!
Remember, more than half the roster will be female :p

RiggyRob

The nine characters max never took into account the possibility of multiple pages or a demo build interface. Aonuma said he was really surprised by the sheer number of playable characters, and this is a series where some installments have 100+ characters. I know they can also feature around a dozen characters, but this being Zelda, I think they'll go all-out and basically reskin existing Warriors characters in the appearance of Zelda NPCs.

If Agitha's in, fuck it - make ALL the Zelda females playable.

Malon, Telma, Ruto, Saria, Nabooru, Twinrova, Aryll, Tetra, Medli, hell even Link's grandmother!

I named Agitha as an example of just the sort of playable character Hyrule Warriors could have, back when people were saying "How could you have anyone but Link?" If she is playable, I will hail myself as some sort of genius prophet.

Also, if Zant is playable, I'll be beyond happy. One of my fave Zelda characters ever.

TreIII

Not necessarily.

Not to be "that guy", but there has been a history of Musou games having a couple of NPCs in the first game, who then usually become playable in the sequel/expansions.

The One Piece games, for example, did this very thing, so I'm keeping my expectations tempered.

Village

I named Agitha as an example of just the sort of playable character Hyrule Warriors could have, back when people were saying "How could you have anyone but Link?" If she is playable, I will hail myself as some sort of genius prophet.

Also, if Zant is playable, I'll be beyond happy. One of my fave Zelda characters ever.

That isn't standard operating procedure for you?

I wanted adult Minda, that might be dead though. Hmm, well I guess it would be neat if they had different outfits. I wanna play zelda in that cloak. Like she is some medieval member of organization 13

Kyzon

Agitha

so that's why Aonuma was surprised. I'm guessing the roster will scroll like Warriors Orochi and we'll have tons of characters.

I'd be pretty pleased if Zant was playable in his bat shit crazy form.

Agatha is exactly the out-there, crazy character I want to see more of in this game. Hoping for playable Dampe, Deku Butler, and Ricky.
I didn't know I wanted this until now, I was thinking more towards playing as the king scrub and boiling enemies in a giant pot for a musou attack but gliding across the battlefield as the suave butler might top that.

Neiteio

Oh man

Koume & Kotake with Twinrova transformation

Smash Bros. failed to deliver but Hyrule Warriors can redeem this idea

Nemesis_

can they just add Bayonetta and the Wonderful 101 while we're at it then.

but fuck Twinrova would be amazing.

meppi

Might as well throw in Happy Mask Salesman in there too.

That's actually a great pick. He can have a ton of different moves all connected to the various masks. :)

Now we need Cremia in there with tons of milk attacks. Or better yet, the Gorman Brothers. It'll be Cho Aniki all over again. ;)

Scarecrow might be another pick.

Oh man

Koume & Kotake with Twinrova transformation

Smash Bros. failed to deliver but Hyrule Warriors can redeem this idea

I'm pretty confident they'll be in there, although I don't know if they'd be playable or just a supporting character for Ganondorf.

Reknoc

Pirate Warriors 1 was full of unplayable bosses btw and this game reminds me most of the pirate warriors games going by footage.

Neiteio

Might as well throw in Happy Mask Salesman in there too.
HMS would be great. He could be utterly devoid of animation. He could quantum-shift into each attack pose!

How about the Carpenters from OoT? They could build the shit out of opponents, and tag-team in one at a time, WWE-style.

Top Bottom