• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I’d Like to Apologize to NeoGAF, Give a Special Thank You and LTTPs too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened in P-Q? I'll play 4, but I think I should get Golden, atleast that's what I gathered from here today.

If you don't have a Vita yet I don't think it's a big deal to just play P4 and then get Golden later. I've beaten P4 like 3 times already and I still want to get Golden at some point. but it's up to you. PQ is just a really good game that you can't get the most out of if you haven't played 3 and 4 first, but it's not really in the same league (or trying to be) in terms of story and characterization (in fact, all of the characters are kind of flanderized).

This is totally wrong. We are the one who respect, honor, and recognize women the most.

Women are not commodities to be fought over. We help them to get the care, love, and attention they deserve. This is not off putting or weird.

Animated women or not, some of them are the most amazing, sweet, caring, loving, and adorable people in the world. They made our life that much more meaningful and completed. Without them we have no reason to live in this cold and selfish planet. So what's wrong that we do a little to glorify our women who saved us?

Just saying if we are all a bit more respectful or thoughtful or understanding our world would be a much better place. Waifu or not they are our guide and inspiration so we appreciate them, that's all.

This... cannot be a real post.

Right?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I believe Holy actually liked the independent moe look that Iris was given, the two of you liked her for the same reasons I believe.

Yeah...I doubt that.

Me and Holy had a few similarities---I totally could relate to a lot of her gender identity issues, but also a lot of differences. She loved moe, I find it weird and off-putting. She got mad at me for disliking moe, and then she got upset when I made a thread about the yankii archetype in anime because it was filled with strong men who scared her. It seems like she probably hated me, I guess. I didn't hate her---I think I was too harsh to her at first, and eventually I realized talking to her was pointless so just sat back and read her posts. I found her far more bearable when I didn't actually interact with her.

No one can fill Baikal's spot for me, though. No one hits the middle-ground between fascinating and off-putting like she did. I like how she at least owned her character, and didn't try and act like she was above it like others do. For all her elements that seemed to be her trolling a bit, she was fairly genuine in retrospect.

My junior.

The day you were approved, the very forums of Neogaffen whispered the name... Arcadius.

GAFer, I watched with pride as you grew into a full member of holiness.

Remember, our line has always posted with wisdom and strength.

And, I know you will show restraint when exercising your great power.

But the truest victory, my junior, is stirring the hearts of your people.

I tell you this, for when Baikal's days have come to an end—

fsCkiSv.gif

You shall be the Culture Expert.

Drencrom

That OP is somehow hilarious and incredibly depressing at the same time.

This poster introduced you to otaku culture and he's now the best person you've ever encountered? Lmao

Arcadius

Banned
This is totally wrong. We are the one who respect, honor, and recognize women the most.

Women are not commodities to be fought over. We help them to get the care, love, and attention they deserve. This is not off putting or weird.

Animated women or not, some of them are the most amazing, sweet, caring, loving, and adorable people in the world. They made our life that much more meaningful and completed. Without them we have no reason to live in this cold and selfish planet. So what's wrong that we do a little to glorify our women who saved us?

Just saying if we are all a bit more respectful or thoughtful or understanding our world would be a much better place. Waifu or not they are our guide and inspiration so we appreciate them, that's all.

Thank you for your input Xianghua, you are pretty amazing too!

Good on you OP! I may not fully agree on HB but very much appreciate the dedication you had to put in that post. The fact that you're now into Persona is just an added bonus to whatever effect HB had on you. And regardless of how weird it might be to get this invested into a stranger posting on a video game board, if it makes you feel better and is not harmful to anybody then there's nothing wrong with it.

(The Answer is lackluster.)

I'm getting that "The Answer" is really bad, hah. Will the story be ruined if I play it?

Vylash is a cool cat.

Good to know, for sure.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
My junior.

The day you were approved, the very forums of Neogaffen whispered the name... Arcadius.

fsCkiSv.gif

Fucking. Amazing.

Arcadius

Banned
My junior.

fsCkiSv.gif

That is totally amazing. Having spent a fair amount of time playing Warcraft and World of Warcraft, this is incredibly touching. I will take the mantle, should it be necessary.

WDF77jA.gif

Gilbals

Banned
My junior.

fsCkiSv.gif

This thread just doesn't stop! It soon approaches "Green Means Noises" levels

It's a fascinating world we live in.

butzopower

proud of his butz
That made me laugh, what for? Because I have expressed sincere affection to one user on this forum? Because I'm okay with having opened myself up?

Is it because of the games I decided to play, or how intense my post was written, or that I am quite sensitive and cried during the writing of it all?

If you're truly concerned, tell me about what and why.

Some of your passion comes a little bit across as obsessive is all. There's also a little bit of self-obsessiveness/narcissistic kind of tone to your posts as you refer to how X or Y your posts are, like you're talking in the third person.

Holy, who I hadn't really followed until this thread, comes across as somewhat obsessive compulsive themselves, specifically the post in that hip hop thread.

I wasn't judging, I've been seeing a therapist the past 2 years and it's something I really should have done sooner. What is your age?

Arcadius

Banned
CureVylesh identified himself as NeoGAF's waifu expert, so he's very relevant to you. Though I was never provided with a certificate of his status, so he might be an imposter.

I'll be weary around him, until I get a better understanding on his expertise, thanks for the warning, will tread lightly! =)

I understand how it comes across as totally messed up, weird and odd, I really do. I'm not blind to what I wrote and how I have written it. Is what I wrote hyperbolic, no not at all, is it necessary, not really no, but I feel that just letting people know that it happened is enough for me. If you read the 2 posts, thank you for taking the time to read it, I know it's long.

I don't think you need to "get it", but the fact you're envious is enough for me to know that you do care in some ways, and for that I thank you.
I think what's most weird for some people, it is for me at least, is that HolyBaikal seemed to apply anime standards to real life. As if they never lived a day in the real world. Thats the attitude people associate with HolyBaikal, and for you to say everyone needs a little more of that is a really odd thing to say.
I think the moral of what you want is that people need to being more good and genuine and caring towards one another. Which I definitely agree with.

Arcadius

Banned
Some of your passion comes a little bit across as obsessive is all. There's also a little bit of self-obsessiveness/narcissistic kind of tone to your posts as you refer to how X or Y your posts are, like you're talking in the third person.

Holy, who I hadn't really followed until this thread, comes across as somewhat obsessive compulsive themselves, specifically the post in that hip hop thread.

I wasn't judging, I've been seeing a therapist the past 2 years and it's something I really should have done sooner. What is your age?

I'm 22, I can break down a lot of myself if you'd like, though the way I type is typically entirely different from the way I speak and act around others. At PCSX2, I typically hold an arrogant tone with others, since I've been around for a while, but I try my best to hold a more balanced and "native" approach to things.

Touch

My junior.

fsCkiSv.gif

There shall always be a... HolyBaikal

OuterLimits

Good on you OP! I may not fully agree on HB but very much appreciate the dedication you had to put in that post. The fact that you're now into Persona is just an added bonus to whatever effect HB had on you. And regardless of how weird it might be to get this invested into a stranger posting on a video game board, if it makes you feel better and is not harmful to anybody then there's nothing wrong with it.

(The Answer is lackluster.)

Hmm, another poster dismissing the fantastic The Answer. At least it wasn't laughably easy like the main game. Still fairly easy though.

aly

Is this real? If so, I hope you realize that animated women are some of the most problematic representations of women in the media. It's easy to portray them that way, because they don't suffer the human problems and flaws that real women deal with. There's more than being sweet and adorable and I hope people don't use those unrealistic representations as guides and just appreciate that they are cool characters.

Arcadius

Banned
Hmm, another poster dismissing the fantastic The Answer. At least it wasn't laughably easy like the main game. Still fairly easy though.

Hah, The Answer is pretty conflicting around here. In the end, I will play it. Probably next week or so, as I recollect everything from the thread and what-not. I liked The Journey enough that The Answer should prove to be fun!

NEO0MJ

This thread is madness. Though I won't say I'm not a little jealous. Wish I could be as good at tag-fishing/joke thread posting.

Moonkid

I don't see anything inherently wrong with the sentiments OP brings here, if anything I think it's kinda refreshing to see someone so genuine. Just keep loving life OP.

Xianghua

Banned
This... cannot be a real post.

Right?

Well just because you haven't been touched by a girl/women/animated women who made you life whole, doesn't mean those people who was touched don't exist.

Thank you for your input Xianghua, you are pretty amazing too!

No I am not amazing at all. In fact, I am a nobody and a below average person. The ones who are actually amazing are our wives. They don't judge, hurt, or be mean to me ever. Even someone like me. They are wonderful.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member

Well, it wasn't bad. Just not that good to me. That's why I used the term 'lackluster' and not some of the more derogatory ones I see people describe The Answer with. Though I should mention I played it right after the main game so there may have been some burn out clouding my judgement.

Drencrom

What the fuck am i reading... waifu obsessed people respect women the most?

Do you really think that glorifying animated girls is showing respect and giving real women the recognition they deserve?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

I mean, I guess I can understand how an animated character can have a big effect on your life. When I was a little kid, I remember Sora from Digimon was a big deal for me, because that's the first character I remember really idolizing and seeing as a role-model. I guess Donatello too, because I wanted to be intelligent like he was, but anyway Sora pretty much was the reason I think my gender identity issues awoke. When me and my friends played Digimon, I always wanted to be her instead of Tai, so while everyone else wore goggles, I wore a bicycle helmet since it looked like her hat. I liked how she was strong, independent, and was embodied elements of both guys and girls since she was a tomboy...

But the thing is though, I'm not obsessed with the character. It was elements of the character, such as their personality, that appealed to me, not literally the character itself. It was just chance that it was that character in particular who did that, there were plenty of similar characters in other shows that would've likely made me realize my identification with the opposite gender was part of who I was. That's what bothers me about "waifu" folks, they literally seem to love the actual character, and that character specifically, to the point of obsession. I just don't think it's healthy, and you can say "it isn't hurting anyone", but yes, I do think it's hurting someone, I think it hurts the people who engage in this "waifu culture". I think they're closing themselves off from meeting people who truly care about them, and will actually help them develop as human beings. I don't think people who have a "waifu" actually were changed by them or saved, I just think they chose that character to obsess over because they already fit in their world view and doesn't challenge them to change or reevaluate their lifestyle.

Arcadius

Banned
This thread is madness. Though I won't say I'm not a little jealous. Wish I could be as good at tag-fishing/joke thread posting.

=/ This is no joke thread. The very least you could do is respect my opinion for taking something so arbitrary seriously. You don't need to appreciate it or even like it, just some respect would be all.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Well just because you haven't been touched by a girl/women/animated women who made you life whole, doesn't mean those people who was touched don't exist.

No I am not amazing at all. In fact, I am a nobody and a below average person. The ones who are actually amazing are our wives. They don't judge, hurt, or be mean to me ever. Even someone like me. They are wonderful.

Please baby jesus tell me this is satire.

I think it would be better here to be considerate of the OP "coming out" than belittling him (i believe it's "him"?).

It's always better to let things go than keeping them locked up until they burst out on their own, with a much, much worse reaction.

I applaud the OP (again) for his courage in being able to let this out. It's not an easy thing to do.

Tesseract

Banned
women are made of clouds and candy, and they smell so dandy

it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it reads this thread again

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Whilst I was playing Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia, I began to understand something that I had originally bashed a certain sect of people about. I began to understand the “waifu” mentality. This was a huge revelation for me; I used to watch anime when I was younger and I even had crushes on certain girls back in the day, but I seemed to have it stuck in my head that “waifu” was bad and “pathetic”. I want to apologize to everyone and anyone who has ever used the word “waifu” or even has a waifu as their avatar. The truth is I was actually jealous of all the waifu and anime love and I resorted to middle school tactics of just belittling people. I feel disgusted with myself as I type this out and I hope that NeoGAF members will accept the apology. I have expanded on the waifu love and have played some VN’s of ... well I’ll be blunt …. ecchi/hentai content. This is typically something I would keep to myself, but this thread is more than just me being sincere, it’s me being true to myself and I want NeoGAF to witness this with me. I have since played Girlish Grimoire: Littlewitch Romanesque and am working on A Kiss for the Petals. I will have some questions regarding VN’s at the end of the thread. Just to say, waifu and anime girls are pretty great; I have always secretly loved them, and it’s pretty easy to see why.

I mean...why? You just became attached to these characters? What caused you to view them in a "waifu" light?

giphy.gif

Delio

I..what?

Arcadius

Banned
I think it would be better here to be considerate of the OP "coming out" than belittling him (i believe it's "him"?).

It's always better to let things go than keeping them locked up until they burst out on their own, with a much, much worse reaction.

I applaud the OP (again) for his courage in being able to let this out. It's not an easy thing to do.

Correct, Arcadius the male. I use Arcadia if I play as a female in games though. Thanks for the kind comments though, you're been incredibly nice to me since the inception of the thread, I really appreciate it. (Probably tired of me thanking and appreciating)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom