• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just bought Morrowind. What should I do before diving in?

I would just use OpenMW to play vanilla. I did last year and loved it. Completed both expansions - awesome game.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I love how you start weak/slow/etc. You can actually feel power increasing substantially as you level - you're faster, you hit more often, you can jump farther.. I think it has one of the best feelings of progression, by the end of the game you're leaping tall buildings in a single bound, casting lots of custom magic, and very powerful. It's nice. I really dislike that the latest game removed athletics/jumping.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I would just use OpenMW to play vanilla. I did last year and loved it. Completed both expansions - awesome game.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I love how you start weak/slow/etc. You can actually feel power increasing substantially as you level - you're faster, you hit more often, you can jump farther.. I think it has one of the best feelings of progression, by the end of the game you're leaping tall buildings in a single bound, casting lots of custom magic, and very powerful. It's nice. I really dislike that the latest game removed athletics/jumping.
I really like how that sounds.

I did mod the combat to remove the random chance, i didn't really like how that mechanic worked. I know people say it breaks the balance of the game but I also got a mod which rebalabces the game around the modified combat system so....

Top Bottom