• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think MF DOOM is the greatest hip hop artist that ever lived

Anung

Un Rama
King Geedorah is probably my favourite album of his but he puts out so much dynamite material.

Rap Snitch Kanishes stays on rotation.

tumblr_osuf2nYP7g1rxh3gro1_1280.jpg

loudbill

He's definitely up there man. But i really hate GOAT discussions. At the end of the day, music is subjective, and you can make too many arguments for other artists.

But i will say, he has one of the most consistent discographies. With how vast it is, its quite impressive.

Nabs

Just revisiting Vaudeville Villain and man, his pen game is insane. I really got into Doom that summer with both Geedorah and VV1. A crazy 1-2 punch with the beats and rhymes.

IrishNinja

big
pac
nas
qtip
rakim
ghost
reggie
cube
meth
lauryn
gza
kdot
guru
jigga
kool g
KRS
phife
X
LL

fuck i'd put mos over him, dude doesn't scrape top 20 upon reflection

big
pac
nas
qtip
rakim
ghost
reggie
cube
meth
lauryn
gza
kdot
guru
jigga
kool g
KRS
phife
X
LL

fuck i'd put mos over him, dude doesn't scrape top 20 upon reflection

Why Phife? I love Tribe but I don't think anyone really holds Phife in that of high regard as a lyricist and rapper.

IrishNinja

Why Phife? I love Tribe but I don't think anyone really holds Phife in that of high regard as a lyricist and rapper.

i can point to specific tribe tracks where phife's charisma/lyricism just carried the song, but before your time in gaf-hop, blackace (DJ that moved to japan, he was our heart & soul that put heads onto e40 & other truth, argued weird but fair shit like big boi's consistency > andre 3000, phife on the mic likewise >> qtip (even if i couldn't cosign that) etc as gospel. he was that ddue.

phife's solo LP never clicked with me but what he added to tip's production/vocals was so essential it's like saying how would gang starr sound with guru on the mic over someone less than premier's beats. he's the the type of dude that stays underappreciated until you try to picture any classic track without him: q-tip is my shit, but let's be real: paul simon wouldn't have reached those heights without art garfunkel.

Top Bottom