• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you're grabbing an Xbox One X, Why? & What games are you looking forward too?

Rourkey

i'm just looking forward to my current & future games looking better on my 4k Oled.

The game i'm most looking forward to is FH3 and Star Wars Battlefont 2, hopefully Battlefield 1 will get an upgrade as well

Marvel

could never
Sheer power and pad comfort.

Buying everything game wise. I have a 4K HDR 10 TV, currently playing on a ps pro and one s.

The pro will be sidelined for exclusives only.

Ont

I will buy it at launch

It will likely have the best console version of Dragonball Fighters Z.

The new Forza game and improvements to Horizon 3.

Improvements to the games like Ghost Recon Wildlands which I have played a lot.

Anthem looks great

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Will buy as soon as I can preorder it!

Why? My friends, Xbox Live, three generations of Xbox Games, great controller for shooters, and a backlog that will get graphically better by the time I get to play them.

Games: Besides the games I currently own getting better, I am interested in Sea of Thieves, Forza, Crackdown, BF2, FIFA, Destiny 2 (again, friends plus Xbox Live), and anything Bethesda is doing.

Izuna

Banned
Tbh, why not.

It's hard enough going back to console graphics as it is and my whole library is on the XOX. I am hoping that with a trade-in deal, it isn't too much.

Frostman

I'm about 75% sure I'll get one, depending on how I feel closer to release. I currently have a 1080p monitor (don't use TV's) but am looking into upgrading when I can get a monitor ready for 4K, HDR without selling a kidney.

I'm much more invested into the PS ecosystem, but I want to ensure that I can play multiplayer at their best on a console.

ibu

For me the biggest thing is the Xbox Elite Controller, I love the PS4 which is undeniably the better of the two. But for me, the ergonomics of that controller give it the win for me. Customisation and how it feels has me leaning towards more games on that platform. I blame Rainbow Six Siege.

That's not even taking into account that I prefer Live of the two online gaming systems.

But I generally flit between the two. Right now though, it's all about the games and I'm fortunate I have both consoles. I will probably get the Xbox one X. It all depends on the trade in deals they have for the Xbox One S towards the new console... I hope they are decent. Then I will be interested.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Why

Halo alone...I mean here me out, the thought of a Halo Game on the most powerful console just like Halo 1+2 during the OG days they really were gorgeous looking games at the time and even Bungie and 343s attempts on the 360 and OG One were brilliant with the power restraints they had.

My Friends are getting it

Also getting a 4K TV around the fall

Being able to finally play all Halos (2A and Reach aside) in rock solid 1080p60 is reason enough for me.

SOR5

Buying it for the powah and its a platform I have faith in, despite the multitude of moronic and out-of-touch decisions Microsoft can make, they've also proved to make some massively good ones

My set up will be
Xbox One X for main gaming overall
Switch for Nintendo and local multiplayer
PS4 for glorious exclusives
Amazon Fire TV for things? (hey it counts)

Its going to be fun

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Because I can.

Forza Horizon 3 and Forza 7 are probably all I'll play early on and that's really all I need.

J7MB0

Neo Member
Most def, but I'm somewhat concerned about the price and power consumption. At 16nm and a 240w it places it roughly at least twice the power usage of the S (on the other hand a good ratio for x5 times the gpu power).
Will probably wait to the first big revision and price drop (Global Foundries at 7nm?). Doubt there'll be a slim version being as little as it already is, lol. As for games, there's plenty to like, as well as that great backcompatibility.

Most def, but I'm somewhat concerned about the price and power consumption. At 16nm and a 240w it places it roughly at least twice the power usage of the S (on the other hand a good ratio for x5 times the gpu power).
Will probably wait to the first big revision and price drop (Global Foundries at 7nm?). Doubt there'll be a slim version being as little as it already is, lol. As for games, there's plenty to like, as well as that great backcompatibility.

You really want a revision of a mid gen revision?

Keinning

i'll get one eventually to replace my launch x1
just not... soon. because it will be mad expensive

why? had xbox consoles since the 360. my xbox library is huge and i'm already used to theyr ecossystem/network. too old and lazy to jump ship now unless something major happen

McHuj

I kind of want it, but can't really justify it.

I love the crossbuy of being able to buy in on Xbox and PC, if MS got another publisher to allow that I would jump in for sure.

kidnaper

Neo Member
My main reason is because of my Elite controller. Until now the PS4 Pro gives the ultimate experience for multiplat games but that damn controller is amazing so come November I'll only be playing exclusives on my PS4 and everything else on the Xbox.

Big pushes to upgrade, though, are Forza, Crackdown and Red Dead with the Elite controller.

Jumeira

Banned
Why?

- Superior Multiplats for Consoles
- Promise of playing the best looking games on this console (expecting Halo 6 to blow us away)
- Lots of great tech packed in expecting fast load times, snappy OS and a bunch of new services
- I own a 4k HDR TV
- I can use my Elite controller with it
- XBL eco system, best place for me to play online

Games
- Crackdown (Cautiously anticipating, multiplayer will be special if they pull off destruction. Not sure about SP, looks horrible i hope they improve it, but will buy blindly if it reviews well 85+ MC)
- Shadow of Mordor (one of the most ambitious games at e3). Though im not sure if i can wait until X is released to play this, might by it on S and continue playing on X
- Assassins Creed Origins
- Forza Horizon 3, Gears 4, Halo 5 (lookig forward to playing enhanced version of these which i play often)

Fingers crossed for Enhancements
- Quantum Break
- Mankind Divided

gus-gus

Banned
Day one for sure,

Reasons, in no particular order

It's best overall media player for me and now with movies becoming available to rent and buy in uhd,hdr it will certainly get tons of use.

The console design and compact form factor is exactly what I wanted from this after the one s.

I prefer Xbox live and a controller with grips. (especially now that I can do a custom controller in design labs with rubber grips.)

I have watched the E3 trailers in 4K HDR on xbox over and over and can't believe how clean and colorful everything looks. The Artful Escape trailer, I mean wow the colors are so vibrant.

Updates to games already in my library.

greenmind

Banned
Yes, multiplats on XB1X now...

and of course Anthem

my plan is to trade in my XB1 Halo 5 LE console, sell my Nintendo Mini, Sell my two PS4's, sell some rare amiibo, and pick up the XB1X and a PS4 Pro.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I buy most consoles at luanch or close to m I want to play every game the best way possible on console.

njean777

I am getting one because I have a 4K TV and play all my games on Xbox. I don't want nor have a pc at this time that can run games (have a MacBook Pro). Plus it will be cool to have a console that can take advantage of my tv.

Games I am going to get with it:
Forza 7
Crackdown 3
A Creed Origins

On the fence:
COD WW2

I also still play Gears 4 so having it look pretty will be nice. I wonder if Fromsoft will update DS3 also.

Day one for sure... I have a 4k tv and the Xbox one x is a must to play with it. Already sold my Xbox one for 250 € one week before e3, so for 250€ for a new one will be no problem for me.

Trup1aya

I'll prolly get on eventually. Need to get a PS4 slim first to catch up on exclusives I've missed. Also need a 4K tv.

I want Anthem. Also looking forward to getting to see current gen games at higher settings than ever possible.

I find it kind of odd to ask the question why when it's pretty obvious what it offers over other options, but yes I'm getting one. Probably going to trade in my One S towards it.

To be honest it's probably a waste of money on my part because I rarely touch my consoles outside of my Pro when there is an exclusive I want to play, but I love hardware and not owning the most powerful Xbox would bother me.

The thing I really want to play on it is Halo 5 though to be honest. It should run it at 1080p at all times and that's pretty awesome, though I am incredibly disappointed that we aren't getting an actual patch for that or the MC Collection.

I won't, as a 1080p user, MS hasn't show me how I'll benefit and game developers hasn't say a thing about improvements for 1080p displays. If they show something interesting for my case, I'll get it when its $400.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Even though I am against the price, I am just going to suck it up and buy it at launch.

Because in hindsight 3-4 years after, $100 extra is nothing compare to hours of fun these console gives you.

And also I am all Xbox for multiplatform and love Halo/Forza

gamz

Day 1 obviously. Price is fine. I think it'll be one of those Elite things that once people get their hands on it and see and feel the premium it'll be worth every penny.

Everyone already mentioned all the new games, but I'm really excited for Gears 4 and Halo 5.

Really want to replay these two with this thing.

EvB

I won't, as a 1080p user, MS hasn't show me how I'll benefit and game developers hasn't say a thing about improvements for 1080p displays. If they show something interesting for my case, I'll get it when its $400.

Somebody can't read the thread title

Why? Enhanced BC, that is pretty much the only reason I want one.

Games I will buy: I will probably go nuts with 360 and any OG Xbox games they have out. I will also probably get Forza 7.

Trup1aya

They have talked about improvements in 1080p displays.

For games above 1080p you have amazing IQ due to supersampling. You'll also enjoy any higher graphical settings used and performance boosts.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I'm trading my Xbox One S in for the X.

Main reasons

- Killer Instinct, Forza 7, Ori, Sea of Thieves etc in 4K
- definitive versions of (many) 3rd party titles
- I watch a lot of 4K content on disc
- 80% of current gen games I own are for Xbox One
- I'm a graphics whore but not interested in PC gaming
- Did I mention Killer Instinct going from 900p to native 4K???

TeaFan

Its the upgrade I've been waiting for. I going to buy a 4K tv soon and i was waiting on this before buying a pro. I prefer xbox so ill pre order in the UK asap

If I get one it'll be for the same reason as always: My little brother is going for one and if I'm going to play anything on a console, it will be the best version/experience available.

That said, it's not currently on my radar.

rokkerkory

All my past games will look and run better too. The inevitable halo 6 😳 😳 😳

3rd party games will be the best too.

Why?

Been a massive fan of the system since the OG. I love their franchises and their controllers are GOAT. Xbox Live is also an incredible service. I'll be getting the X eventually I'm in school with limited income so it won't be day 1 but I'm excited to see what the games look like in 4K.

Games:

Forza 7
Sea of Theives
Shadow of War
Crackdown 3
Far Cry 5
Red Dead 2

Are the big ones I want to see what the extra horsepower can do.

Jessensor

Buying it for the powah and its a platform I have faith in, despite the multitude of moronic and out-of-touch decisions Microsoft can make, they've also proved to make some massively good ones

My set up will be
Xbox One X for main gaming overall
Switch for Nintendo and local multiplayer
PS4 for glorious exclusives
Amazon Fire TV for things? (hey it counts)

Its going to be fun

Kibbles

All my friends and games are on Xbox, I've been part of the ecosystem since the OG Xbox, and FPS Halo is my shit and always will be (please stop with Halo Wars nonsense). Now it'll be the best place to play third parties like CoD and Battlefront 2 with my friends too.

Bought a PS4 at launch over an Xbox One (which I won from buying a shit ton of Dew and Doritos lmao) and while I liked the console and it's power, all my friends were on Xbox so I ended up selling it after I realised it was collecting dust. Might do the same with my Switch since no virtual console and the only interesting thing coming is Odyssey. Should help bite some of the cost with my Xbone S trade in.

Not happy about $500 but I guess sticker shock won't be so bad after trading in the S and Switch.

RdN

Getting the Xbox One X is a sure thing for me.

Xbox is my primary gaming system. I play every third party game on it. I also already have an 4k HDR ready TV and am completely starved of content for it.

The console is just an absolute beast and whether a game is true 4K or not, it looks like you're getting very close to or almost exactly the high PC settings of most games.

Looking forward to

Assassin's Creed Origins (my most played game at E3)

Anthem - The game is just looking flat out incredible. Excited to see what they deliver in the final game, but I'm already super excited about what they showed.

FIFA 18

Cuphead

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War

Super Lucky Tales (Probably seems like a weird choice, but I was pleasantly surprised at how solid and fun it looked, and I think by supporting a game like this it could lead to bigger efforts in the same vein)

I might get battlefront for the campaign.

Destiny 2 (heavily on the fence with this one, especially since I never bought the first game. And the possibility Bungie may be intentionally holding back the game on Xbox One X over a marketing deal doesn't sit too well with me either.)

Forza 7 - not much of a car game guy, but as a nice showcase I may end up supporting this.

NFS Payback - I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed this game at E3. I had a good deal of fun with it.

NBA 2K 18.

Sea of Thieves - insanely fun, a game you have to play to really appreciate. Videos don't do it any justice. This another one I'm considering strongly, and honestly the only thing that is even remotely giving me any pause is just how reliant you are on other players to have your back. That's usually not my thing. I mean, I'm no stranger to games that require team play, but this may certainly require a change of approach for me as of late.

I wasn't going to mention Halo since it isn't announced yet, but I am, of course, super excited about the next Halo game and how that will look on Xbox One X.

That new DBZ game is also totally mine. That's one of my big purchases. I honestly can't believe I left it out.

I usually don't do games like State of Decay, but who knows, I may end up giving it a chance, and that Ashen game also looks quite interesting.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is another no brainer for me. A lot of things I'm excited to play on this console, and a big part of the excitement besides the games themselves is just how good the biggest games are going to look and run on the system. So even though it's not technically a new generation, it's having more or less the same effect. I'm going to buy even more games than usual, a lot more impulse buys simply to experience certain games on the new hardware, and I'm going to have a lot of fun doing so.

Crackdown is a game that I was always highly skeptical of, because I wasn't a fan of the prior games, and I don't really think this E3 did very much to change that. I was coming in with the scorpio hype pretty excited about crackdown, but I don't think anything I saw really convinced me on that front. So this is a huge toss up, but leaning towards a no. I need to see more of whatever the singleplayer has to offer.

Another cool thing is the benefits to existing Xbox One titles that aren't patched, and of course the games that are going to be patched. Lots to be excited about with One X.

Top Bottom