• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you're grabbing an Xbox One X, Why? & What games are you looking forward too?

Kaydan

Banned
I buy it for 3rd party. I could upgrade my gaming PC but I would need higher investment to get reliable 4k. Plus the console experience is a lot more straightforward so I won't have to tweak graphics settings everytime I want to start a game. I'll keep my PC for PC exclusives though.

Fredrik

Why:
- I want the best console for multiplats
- Best console version of MS exclusives
- HDR
- Better anisotropic filtering
- Better framerate
- Better resolution
- Faster load times
- Three generations of backwards compatibility
- UHD blu-ray !!

Most wanted games:
- Ori and The Will of Wisps
- Forza Motorsport 7
- Cuphead
- Best console version of a bunch of multiplats
- Gears 4 XBX patched
- Minecraft ! :)
- Super Lucky's Tale

Why:
- HDR
- Better framerate
- Better resolution
- Faster load times
- UHD blu-ray !!

nice summary that pretty much matches my thoughts on the matter. :)

I will upgrade for sure. Haven't turned on my current Xbox One almost all year. But the X is better, has the bluray too and could make me choose it for multiplatform games since I prefer the controller...well except Destiny 2.

Games coming I am really excited for? None. I'm sure I'll enjoy Crackdown, maybe Sea of Thieves. Cuphead and some other come out first on PC so doesn't matter.

I am really bummed they don't really have a killer game coming that pumps me up. In my book Nintendo and Sony ahve already accomplished it for 2017, MS has not. I hope Crackdown 3 will be that game for me, but as much fun as they are those have always been dissapointing in SP.

I also have a job and could even get a raise right before it comes out. I can also sell my current X1 and get 150 or 200 with some bundle I put up on Ebay and bring down the price. Same for the TV. Could sell my 55 Vizio for like 300-350 and get a KS8000 for like 600.

I'm going to grab it for a handful of reasons.

1.) I have an original Xbox One and I'm looking to slim down the footprint of the console

2.) I plan on getting a 4K TV within the next year. I want to be able to utilize it to see 4K games.

3.) I don't have a 4K Blu Ray player yet.

4.) I like brand new things lol.

As far as games go I'm mostly excited for Crackdown 3, Sea of Theives and the eventual return of Halo 6. I can't forget Ori either. The first one looked jaw dropping on 1080, I can't even imagine 4K.

Kiote

It's funny, I was sold on the X1X the minute I watched the conference, but I wasn't really sure why. Thinking about for a second it seems like a pretty simple choice.

I can afford it.
I need a second Xbox because they forgot how to local multiplayer.
I have 150+ Xbox games.
PlayStation keeps showing me the same QTE driven cinematic game with a different name
My Switch probably isn't getting Star Wars or Anthem

Might as well wait for the better Xbox.

Fox Mulder

Why:
- HDR
- Better framerate
- Better resolution
- Faster load times
- UHD blu-ray !!

This.

The Xbox has always been about the best versions of third party multiplatform games, until the xb1.

Just give me that again.

Fredrik

This.

The Xbox has always been about the best versions of third party multiplatform games, until the xb1.

Just give me that again.
Yeah I'm actually surprised by the negativity in lots of Xbox One X threads. I don't get where it comes from. And it's not like paying $600 or $800 for just the GPU, where you might want to go for a cheaper one to save quite a bit of money. Here we're talking about $400 or $500 for the whole system at the midgen refresh, it's 100 bucks, who cares?

* Lots of people did like me last gen, I primarily used Xbox 360 last gen since multiplatform games was better there, I'd even say that it was the most common recommendation when someone was asked which console to choose.

* And I primarily used PS4 this generation because multiplatform games was better there, I'd definitely say that it was the most common recommendation when someone asked which console to use.

* And now I'll obviously primarily use Xbox One X at the midgen refresh because multiplatform games will be better there, but for some reason the most common answer is to ignore Xbox One X for some reason, why?

* Why would I suddenly go for the second best option? Just no. Xbox One X it is.

big_z

I'm not 100% decided but I'm seriously considering it depending on what type of trade in/upgrade program Microsoft sets up.

Reasons for me are:
-use Xbox every day for media. The PS4 network is too slow for quality streaming and it won't play various MP4 off my USB stick for whatever reason
-most games played are 3rd party and they will be best on Xbox, will hold onto the PS4 for the odd exclusive.
-Xbox live is better, faster and cheaper
-pc prices are very high in Canada right now especially video cards(thanks cryptocurrency) which is what I need to upgrade most. It feels like a bad time to upgrade a pc right now dollar wise.

Pein

Banned
Because I have a OG xbox one and no gaming pc means I was oblivious to how good down sampling looked. But Pro support for that is so half assed and I wanna play multiplatform titles at their best so XOX means I gotta get it.

I think i'll be getting FM7 too. I posted this in the other thread. Cog says it is enough reason to purchase the 1X. Check out the article/preview.

http://cogconnected.com/preview/forza-motorsports-7-preview/

During my playtime, the AI was aggressive and had no qualms about cutting me off if I attempted to overtake them on the inside. Likewise, if I was too late on the break, I would go spinning into the dirt. Bottom line, I enjoyed the races I played and without question, I feel like this is the best Forza gameplay experience to date.

Of course, the most noticeable improvement to the game is the visuals. It’s a 4K stunner! Forza Motorsport 7 looks ridiculously good as the realism is unreal. Granted, I get I am watching (and playing) the game on the best 4K monitors around and on the world’s most powerful console (sorry, I had to throw that in) but the graphical fidelity and realism was remarkable. Everything from the cars to the tracks and the dynamic weather system, Forza 7 shines in 4K and High Dynamic Range. It was hard to play the game and not be distracted by the visuals. The Dubai course alone featured glorious vistas and scenery. Yet even the cars, right down to every little scratch mark featured glorious detail. From a tech perspective, this is without question the game you’ll want to show off to your friends went you fire up your Xbox One X in surround sound on your 4K TV.

Triteon

Honestly I just want to play with my friends who are still in the xbox ecosystem and I want to play the best versions of those games.

That and Crackdown I guess.

ghibli99

Why:
- HDR
- Better framerate
- Better resolution
- Faster load times
- UHD blu-ray !!
- Ori and The Will of Wisps
- Forza Motorsport 7
- Cuphead
Didn't cut out much from your list, but that pretty much sums it up for me. I'm really curious to see what benefits the console brings to the existing library.

Aeqvitas

I spend about 75% of gaming time, and all my media time on my xbox, so having 4k games and 4k bluray is a lot of value out of the box. I only use my PC for PC exclusives, I have no interest in FPS on KB/M, I just play strategy games and CRPGs on PC. I'll use the 1X for all my multiplats, so having the best console versions of those is a big plus. Xbox controller is by far my favorite, use my elite every day for more than a year.

Looking forward a lot for Cuphead, LOTR, FM7, Battlefront, and Crackdown this fall. Skipping Destiny 2 after being burned hard by Bungie on 1, Anthem looks a lot better. Bungie isn't interested in supporting its xbox fanbase, so I'm not really concerned with supporting them back. Next year I look forward to Sea of Thieves and RDR2 in 4k.

Getting native 4k feels like more of a generation jump to me than the PS360 to current gen, so all around can't wait to get day 1.

JayDub

Why:

Backwards compat: Crimson Skies, Mech Assault, Ninja Gaiden, Conker, Shenmue 2, JSRF on Xbox. Mistwalker games, Gears series on 360.

Xbox 1: Just Forza 7. Might finish Halo 5 and hopefully Sunset Overdrive gets an update to not look so blurry and jaggy. Looking forward to an official GTAV patch. Forza Horizon 3. Gears 4. Indie game: speed runner looks like a blast.

Hardvlade

Why

- I play Xbox mainly (since my brother/friends refuse to play on PC)
- Most of my friends play on Xbox
- Got a 4k HDR TV, playing PC games on 4k makes me want it even more
- Got a huge library of games across Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, backwards compatibility is important to me.
- I can use my Elite Controller
- Don't need to get rid of all my games whenever the next console is out.

Games After X Release
- Sea of Thieves
- Anthem
- Crackdown 3
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Code Vein

Games I Hope Get Patches

- Halo 5
- Halo MCC
- Overwatch
- Battlefield 4
- Attack on Titan (I know it's never gonna happen =P)

Fredrik

Why:

Backwards compat: Crimson Skies, Mech Assault, Ninja Gaiden, Conker, Shenmue 2, JSRF on Xbox. Mistwalker games, Gears series on 360.

Xbox 1: Just Forza 7. Might finish Halo 5 and hopefully Sunset Overdrive gets an update to not look so blurry and jaggy. Looking forward to an official GTAV patch. Forza Horizon 3. Gears 4. Indie game: speed runner looks like a blast.
Oh yes! Not sure it'll happen though, isn't Insomniac kind of back in Sony's bed right now? But yeah Sunset Overdrive either pushed up to 4K or 60fps would be awesome!

see5harp

Every game I've already bought the system mainly. I just want a better performing, quieter, more powerful, 4K blu ray player. Playing games with my existing friendlist on a system that is less compromised technically will be a nice change of pace.

Fredrik

Every game I've already bought the system mainly. I just want a better performing, quieter, more powerful, 4K blu ray player. Playing games with my existing friendlist on a system that is less compromised technically will be a nice change of pace.
Has anyone reported on the noise level for Xbox One X? This is an important aspect for me.

Top Bottom