• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you're grabbing an Xbox One X, Why? & What games are you looking forward too?

anothertech

I will buy one likely in 2018 after the price drop. Mostly because I buy all consoles and I like Xbox for it's smooth media ui.

Games wise I'll probably be looking forward to anything with really good downsampling and high iq. Will be really interested to see what the exclusives they recently signed will turn out to be.

jond76

Banned
Definitely grabbing one. I'm still on my launch Xbox so I would love the bump in visuals.

Game wise? I'll enjoy the upgrades coming to the existing gamees. Also Crackdown 3 and Metro. I buy way too many games. Whatever looks fun I'll get.

ZeroWil

The Why:
4K Blu-ray player (I'm a big movie guy).
Upgraded games that I own (and will own), with FFXV being the game I'm awaiting the most (I've beaten the main story and will jump back in for the rest of the content).
The smaller form factor.
Can put my original XONE somewhere else in the house for someone to use.

The Games:
Forza Motorsport 7
Halo 6
Star Wars Battlefront II
Cuphead

I've got a pretty great PC (1070+R5 1600) but I still play my Xbox a lot. The cross-buy games will definitely get more mileage out of me too as other members in the family use the console for TV, Netflix, etc.
I most likely won't grab one until 2018 since I'm betting that there'll be some 4K TV bundles in the future, but am pretty excited.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I always get the new hardware. Nothing I'm crazy about coming on it now but I'll get most of my 3rd party titles for it (assassin creed, cod, etc..). It will replace my PS4 pro as 3rd party home.

I've never had an xbox before

Xbox One X might be where I finally join the family.

Why

Best place to play third party titles
4K Blue Ray Player
Looks sexy

Games:

Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Super Luckys Tale
Anthem
Halo 6
Sunset Overdrive (Now in 1080p)
Sonic Forces

Hawk269

The majority of the games I play are multiplatform and I prefer the Xbox One controller. The added fact that 3rd party games will (if not gimped) run and look better on Xbox One X is the main reason. I have all 3 consoles, but use my Xbox One S the most out of the 3 of them. Having a high end gaming RIG as well, but don't use it as much as I have OCD when it comes to tweaking things and spend most of the time tweaking settings instead of gaming, but still love that RIG.

But the main reason is the promise of what the system can deliver and from what I seen it is completely capable of doing 4k native. I think that everything is still early, looking at what launch games on Xbox One and PS4 looked like compared to game that came out within the last year, it is telling that once devs have a bit more time they will be able to do a lot more and I think with the Xbox One X it will be the same.

sirap

4K Halo and HDR.

My PC could probably run any Xbox games better at 4K than the One X, but fuck the Windows Store.

Havoc2049

I've been an Xbox console owner since 2001 and I'm invested into the franchises and the Live community.

Looking forward to:

Sea of Thieves
Destiny 2
Forza Motorsport 7
Code Vein
The Last Night
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Whatever they have in store for the Halo franchise

Love the Elite controller.
Love X360 backwards compatibility.

The possibility of playing the following OG XB games on my XB1 is extremely enticing:
Breakdown
Crimson Skies
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Jet Set Radio Future
Otogi I & II
Gunvalkyrie
Shunmue II
Spikeout
Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black
DOA3, DOAU, DOAX
Fatal Frame I & II
MechAssault I & II
Kingdom Under Fire series
Morrowind
Arx Fatalis
Sudeki
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
And many more..

katsais

Definitely getting one...not sure about the games. I just need an Xbox in my life, hopefully MS gets it right this time.

Gowans

My gaming crew are now starting to slowly buy up 4k teles ahead of preordering this thing (our WhatsApp group is on high alert for preorders).

I've got my KS8000, another 2 mates grabbed the same one, another has picked a 4k deal up and had a mate over to look at the Forza 7 4k HDR footage to see if he need to by a tele and now is.

Keeping an eye on any games dropping on sale that have annocued a XBO X patch.

Ushay

- All my friends are on Xbox
- Console has superb form factor
- Amazing controller
- BC, values every purchase I make
- Goes extremely well with the 4k TV I will get

Games
- Anthem
- Witcher 3
- Fallout 4
- Ashen
- Crackdown
- The Last Night
- Assassins Creed Origins

There are too many to just list, let's just say there are a fair few.

My gaming crew are now starting to slowly buy up 4k teles ahead of preordering this thing (our WhatsApp group is on high alert for preorders).

I've got my KS8000, another 2 mates grabbed the same one, another has picked a 4k deal up and had a mate over to look at the Forza 7 4k HDR footage to see if he need to by a tele and now is.

Keeping an eye on any games dropping on sale that have annocued a XBO X patch.

Forza 7 and Anthem will look incredible on a 4k tv, games getting patches will also look much better i.e FFXV and Titanfall 2.

Going to get one for:

COD WWII
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
RDR2
Super Lucky's Tale
Ashen
The next Forza Horizon game

Will 360 games be upscaled as well? (Still love playing Black Ops II from time to time)

However I'm still getting Battlefront II and Destiny II for the PS4, because of the marketing deals and most of my friends who play those games on the PS4 as well

Addy117

Neo Member
I was an original Xbox and 360 owner, but skipped xb1 because of PS4 this gen. Since im a halo and gears fan i'll eventually buy the 1X for those games early next year, so that i can play the exclusives i missed this gen

Tinman dX

Banned
If I grab a X1X it will be, because I will see a substantial difference in visuals between Xbox One and X1X. As well as seeing a slight difference between PS4 Pro games and X1X games. If those boxes aren't checked for me, I will pass and probably trade in Xbox One for Xbox One S, and a PS4 Slim

Banned
All the people I would've ever wanted to add to my ignore list all gathered in a single thread. Today was a good day.

Theorry

Probably i am deep into Destiny 2 then. So a nice upgrade would be a cherry on top.
AC i will get on X release day next to Crackdown. Probably will get Battlefront 2 also abit later because i am weak haha.

Isurus

Definitely picking one up day one. My wallet is ready for the pre-orders to open.

Why:

-I'm a console player; don't play much PC anymore
-Desire to have the most powerful console
-Friends play Xbox
-Best controller (Elite)
-Best online infrastructure (in my opinion)
-Best version of multi-plat games

Games:

-Fall 2018 launches
-OG Xbox BC
-Backlog of games that will be enhanced

All the people I would've ever wanted to add to my ignore list all gathered in a single thread. Today was a good day.

Please add me to your list.

I've been an Xbox console owner since 2001 and I'm invested into the franchises and the Live community.

Looking forward to:

Sea of Thieves
Destiny 2
Forza Motorsport 7
Code Vein
The Last Night
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Whatever they have in store for the Halo franchise

Love the Elite controller.
Love X360 backwards compatibility.

This basically, plus cuphead.

Please add me to your list too.

entremet

Highly likely. Prefer the Xbox controllers, prefer Live, BC until XBOX, don't care much for Sony 1st party exclusives, superior 3rd parties, and so on.

Dat Crackdown on launch day!
COD WW2
Minecraft
Might get Forza 7, definitely getting FH4!
Battlegrounds
SOD2
RDR2

And whatever else, but those alone will keep me going for ages. UHD Blu rays too.

Oh and some OG Xbox BC!

The Flash

Banned
Long time Xbox fan who wants to play Battlefront II (and other AAA multiplayer games) on a system that'll have a decent player count months after launch. Also Red Dead Redemption 2.

Shin

Banned
Ori 1
Ori 2
Killer Instinct
Cuphead

After the above I'll mainly use it for the UHD Region 1 for imported BD's.
Unless I like the controller then we'll see.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Going to try really hard and resist until after Christmas, or maybe when RDR2 comes out.

But I'll probably cave and preorder.

etta

my hard graphic balls

Shit son, reality must make you its bitch every single day.
I hope you got some good meds to make it through life.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

So you dislike people purely in the basis of them wanting to buy a particular console?

Hope you enjoyed your short stay.

Why:

- Most of my friends are on Xbox
- Want to play games with improved performance, Currently planning to upgrade to 4K HDR in future
- Like the controller
- Think the network layout is stronger and stable
- Games with gold
- Backwards compatibility with 360 and OG
- Own a launch Xbox One, Want to upgrade

Games:

- Crackdown 3
- Halo 6
- RDR2
- PlayerUnknown's Battleground

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Because downsampled games look great.

Because of existing games plus BC getting a boost.

Because it's small and sexy.

Because I have a Pro too.

Same games I was looking forward to before Scorpio was announced.

Banned
I love how everybody assumes the worst or that I ignored people because I didn't like them or as if it had anything to do with Xbox One X. You have no idea what my criteria was and just so you know, no, it surprisingly doesn't have anything to do with Xbox One X, it was something else entirely. And no sorry but I don't take requests, I will only ignore you if you have posted something I dislike.

freefornow

Gold Member
I love how everybody assumes the worst or that I ignored people because I didn't like them or as if it had anything to do with Xbox One X. You have no idea what my criteria was and just so you know, no, it surprisingly doesn't have anything to do with Xbox One X, it was something else entirely. And no sorry but I don't take requests, I will only ignore you if you have posted something I dislike.

Well, since you are being so open, please enlighten us.

Trup1aya

Getting one cause I'll have some $ to burn and I'm due for some upgrades.

I'll get Crackdown and Shadow of War to start with, but most of my time will probably be spent playing updated games.

I'll be getting an OG PS4 at the same some, but obviously, XOX will be my 3rd party box

Krakn3Dfx

I'll probably get one because I just like to play with new toys. My XB1 spends a lot of time unused hooked up to the TV in the bedroom, but I did pick up Stardew Valley on it last week (after 100+ hours put into the PC version) and sat up in bed til 3am playing it, lol.

i already have a One S & a 4K TV, so if i can get a good deal on it, it compliments my PS4 Pro & 4K TV better than the One S does. Also, my Anthem group will probably be on XBL and I don't want to play that game without the visual enhancements.

Syrus

Banned
Shadow of War
Ori and the Wisp
State of Decay 2
Witcher 3 4k update
FfXV...maybe.

I have 7.1 and 4k TV. It just seems natural to get it.

knitoe

Buying it just so I can have one. Are there any exclusive AAA Xbox only games? My main will still be continuous upgraded top end PC.

Ooblets
Crackdown 3
Ashen
Below
The Artful Escape
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
The Last Night
Ori
State of Decay 2

(Fallout 3 and NV on backwards compat)

Honestly there is more coming for the XboX that interests me than any other console platform at this point. :)

Top Bottom