• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Skyrim on Switch first hands on gameplay video

This would be the 3rd time I'm buying this game. I've been waiting for this one since they first unveiled it on Switch debut trailer.

Raider745

I doubt New Vegas would be ported even if this sell 10 million copies. Our world is not that good.

Imagine if both Fallout 3 and New Vegas were available at launch. I believe that would have been great. Fallout on the go would be awesome.

Maximus.

That sure is Skyrim.

Is this some sort of stupid new meme or trend? Every so often someone posts "this sure is X" in response to the OP. It isn't funny or clever.

Anyways, the game looks to be running okay in the video, though I would hope it would since it is a 5 year old game.

RevenWolf

Honestly since the switch has a touch screen I would adore a port of morrowind on it.

But of course darkest timeline so I might as well hope that my switch starts spontaneously printing money out of its exhaust vents.

redcrayon

Sort of tangential to the point you're actually making, I don't know why you wouldn't join the thieves guild in skyrim outside of roleplay reasons - its not like theres any stealth or pickpocket / lockpick requirements, you can pretty much faceroll all of their missions with brute force (and I know theres lore reasons why theyre a real shitty guild compared to prior appearances, but its still weird how little a shit is given about casualties / being caught)
It's entirely due to roleplay reasons- I dislike being the leader of multiple guilds at once :)

It would surprise me if it actually has all the visual improvements the SE got. I mean power wise Switch is slightly above 360 isn't it? Good news though.

Wow, it looks surprisingly good with no hick ups.

I was playing the PS3 version years ago but had stop because it was just atrocious.

will get

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
It would surprise me if it actually has all the visual improvements the SE got. I mean power wise Switch is slightly above 360 isn't it? Good news though.

most people expect it to be something in between the SE and Skyrim vanilla I believe.

and that would be great. I mean skyrim on a portable device. it's great in itself lol.

The 360 had 512MB of DDR3 RAM while the Switch has 4GB of DDR4 RAM. I'm not sure exactly what that translates into, but from my layman perspective that seems like a significant increase.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I was wanting to play Skyrim again but can't see myself putting in another 60 hrs (even if it is in 4K), so I think handheld it would be perfect. I'm glad it's running well, and I'm sure it will look plenty nice on the small screen. Can see it being hard to look at on the big screen though.

I would not say no to this.

Fuck that would be perfect for Switch. I'd buy it a 3rd time.

TrutaS

Will disable the motion controls, but the game runs very nicely, will get if the price is good!

Edit: Just checked the price, at it' 60 pound... what? Hope that's just a placeholder, I was expecting half of that.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I will get this for sure. Haven't played it, and Switch seems like the perfect platform to finally dive in.

I'm only speaking for myself here, but IMO it's the perfect platform to re-play it. It's such a good game that you should experience the best version first. A PC or PS4 Pro is the way I would go, even the base PS4 and XB1 would likely be an improvement.

nikatapi

I'm only speaking for myself here, but IMO it's the perfect platform to re-play it. It's such a good game that you should experience the best version first. A PC or PS4 Pro is the way I would go, even the base PS4 and XB1 would likely be an improvement.

Well i don't have a PS4 or a decent PC at the moment, so Switch it is, plus the portability is such an important feature for me :)

I want it, but then I think of the massive community based mods just needed to fix Bethesda's lazy bs with bugs etc, and ya if full mod support isn't day 1 noooo thank you!

Sevenfold

Looks solid and if I hadn't spent hundreds of hours with the game I'd be all over this. It boggles my mind that folk are going to play Skyrim for the first time on a hand held.

I didn't enjoy Skyrim when I tried it on 360 and PC but I'm giving it a third shot on Switch. I didn't like Xenoblade that much until the 3DS version so I think big RPGs are just better on handhelds for me. Hopefully it clicks this time!

derFeef

Seems to run well. I would have loved a Fallout 3/NV port more honestly, but if I can get for a bit cheaper I might bite.

Markitron

Well i don't have a PS4 or a decent PC at the moment, so Switch it is, plus the portability is such an important feature for me :)

Fair nuff, it's a great game so should be played nomatter what anyway.

JoeNut

If this is the complete edition i'll buy it, i never got the DLC so last time i played was ps3 OG version, must've put an easy 100 hours in though

Looks good, but I absolutely hate Skyrim these days. Every playthrough feels largely the same (unless you're modding), and I get bored after an hour or so. At least I got some enjoyment out of it the first go round.

Give me Morrowind with new textures and a cliffracer slider and I'll be there day one tho
(just in case you want more cliffracers)

Verder

the real elder scrolls i want for switch is oblivion

that game is a godsend and the jankyness of oblivion will forever be in my heart

m00h

Banned
Will buy. Skyrim will fill the timegap till CDProject decides to release a Witcher 3 port for the Switch.

one can dream

Rodolink

I remember playing Oblivion hundreds of hours and somehow Skyrim couldn't trap me as well, I was very hyped for it and really loved the world they created but the main story was very disappointing, I just cleared the game and didnt bother doing anything extra because of that and also many bugs (like the one where you touched water and the game froze in PS3 version) and Dragins with ragdoll physics look just so stupid that took me out of immersion.
How different is this version to the vanilla original? Like is it really way more improved to make it worth it?

Roufianos

the real elder scrolls i want for switch is oblivion

that game is a godsend and the jankyness of oblivion will forever be in my heart

Yes please. I've wanted to revisit it for a few years now and the fact that it's on a portable would excuse the jank.

Neither of the videos seem to mention HD rumble support, though the second video has the Nintendo rep talking about how cool lockpicking is with motion controls... So I wonder if that factors in HD rumble too. It would be cool if they basically replicate the 1, 2, Switch lockpicking game HD rumble for the lockpicking in Skyrim.

They also say these demos are open to the public in SDCC so if anyone's there can you see if there's any rumble?

Does this version have access to mods? I could get into it if I could use mods.

The early rumors said it would have the same type of mods the PS4 version gets, but we've had no confirmation on mods as far as I know.

Coxy100

Banned
Looks great

I bought it for PS4 when it came out - and played it recently

If it wasn't for that I'd buy it - but not double dipping - however awesome the game is

Top Bottom