• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-depth review of the Samsung KS 8000

Skeletron

Another random question. Trying to play a movie encoded with TrueHD 5.1 audio from an external hard drive into the One Connect and it's glitching out. Is this audio codec unsupported? Any way to get around it? Videos with DTS are working fine.

Edit: Oops, didn't meant to bump this old-ass thread.

brau

Question for you guys.

I currently own a Sony Bravia X800D. I'm pretty happy with it. BUT! I am moving in 2 weeks to Finland from the US. So... would you guys recommend, shipping the TV i currently have, or buying this model of TV which seems to be a significant upgrade from what i have been reading.

I would also need for you EU gaffers some suggestions on where to find the TV. I would think upgrading to the 55" or 60" would be good.

I love X800D, and i budgeted to ship it, but i dunno if there is a difference in the voltage output and would have to buy extra things for it. It might just be easier to sell it and upgrade it, so i thought on this one.

Any thoughts would be awesome. Thanks!

^Definitely sell and it and get a new one

The Samsung ks8000 has superior contrast, colors, HDR and lower input lag. It's a no brainer. (also, you risk your TV being damaged while transported. TV's screen are very fragile). Also, you don't worry about voltage

MilkyJoe

Managed to get my hands on a KS8000 or rather KS7000 here in the UK, was quite the mission being that they are discontinued, gets delivered tomorrow, only £899.

Got to wait for some renovation to be complete before I can pop it open too

giphy.gif

Top Bottom