• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insecure - The Misadventures of an Awkward Black Girl - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Thirsty as F**k

Issa seeks Daniel's help for Career Day even though she and Lawrence are getting along just fine. Meanwhile, a partner puts Molly in an awkward position with another employee; and Lawrence finds a way to deal with his downer of a new job.

breakfuss

Loving this show! Wasn't the biggest fan of Awkward Black Girl so wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this but the scenarios are for more interesting here.

And the music selection is seriously on point. They release an accompanying playlist on Spotify every week btw.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Lawrence is sooooooo going to mess around with that bank teller. I can't deal with Molly sometimes. She scared away Dr. Bae with her questions, I'm just waiting for Khal Drogo With A Pocket Square to get scared off too.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Hello Tasha from the bank!

My face was permanently stuck in a cringe for half this episode.

jayzd.gif

Way too many things were super relatable. Drunk ex showing up at the door while you're just chilling, having a "Why did we ever..." talk that turns into sex, Jack in the Box breakfast being GOAT for fast food breakfast. The lotion dispenser being what jolted Issa back to reality was a nice touch.

Funniest episode of the season so far for me, every scene hit the right note. Even the small stuff like Molly wondering why Issa was still just chilling in her office after the convo was done. Speaking of Molly, she's a mess. Jared is a good dude and she's going to mess with his head (even more). Calling that right now.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Guilty as F**k

Issa tries to hide her guilt from Lawrence, who reiterates his love for her. Meanwhile, Molly dives into a new romance, but has second thoughts about the future after learning unsavory details about her new boyfriend's past.

Jeels

Made it to episode 4. Loving it a lot. A lot of it hits close to home, not African American but there's a lot of intersectionality with people of color in general.

Glad to hear it's getting a second season as well.

i freakin' love this show because a lot of how situations are handled are so realistic. I'm glad they touched upon how having a gay experience as a black male will forever label you gay to a lot of Black women. It's so true, even as a black male despite understanding how sexuality is on a spectrum, growing up in a very masculine environment will still make me look at a person as ONLY being gay despite knowing that logic goes against that. Damn me and this binary labels.

Grizzlyjin

Errands!
Sex Flashbacks!
Blue Apron!
Straight Straight Straight Straight Straight Lee Daniels

And once again, my traditional "I can't with Molly right now."

So glad this got renewed. I'm actually digging HBO's current slate of comedy shows.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The penultimate episode is tonight!

Real as F**k

Issa preps for a fund-raiser, but has trouble staying focused. Meanwhile, Lawrence mulls a job opportunity; and Molly learns something new from an old friend.

Nabs

Welp. That final scene was rough.

And: "You were just an itch I needed to scratch." Shiiit.

Molly with the maybe I just need to lower my standards talk. They're doing a great job at making her a mess.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yeah, the ending was pretty intense with both the Issa/Molly and Issa/Lawrence fights. At least everyone got called out on their bullshit though.

Oni Jazar

Just wanted to chime in an say this show is awesome. Feels so good and refreshing to have this and Atlanta in the same year.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Welp. That final scene was rough.

And: "You were just an itch I needed to scratch." Shiiit.

Molly with the maybe I just need to lower my standards talk. They're doing a great job at making her a mess.
I kinda felt like her, shit. 😓

Jeels

All caught up except for the latest episode. Man that gay incident really riled up my sister. She says she would have done the same thing Molly did, despite hating Molly as a character. I am sure most women would be the same way....

Grizzlyjin

"You were just an itch I needed to scratch." DAAAAAMMN. This episode was something else, especially that last scene. It's like seeing a train coming but not being able to get out of the way.

I was okay with Molly until she messed with Jared again. She literally can't help but be condescending to him.

AWB was so good and I sort of miss her stupid best friend from that, but I am really into this so far. Have to catch up on the last two. Can't do a half hour show weekly. Leaves me wanting.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The season finale is tonight!

Broken as F**k

In the Season 1 finale, Molly and Issa's trip could be undone by lingering tension between them; and Lawrence catches up with his friends.

Grizzlyjin

I'm putting money on Lawrence revenge fucking Tasha from the bank and then getting weird about it.

Also putting money on Molly doing and saying something infuriating

99Luffy

Banned
I remember watching a couple of the webseries episodes and really liking it. But some how forgot about it.

Should I still bother with the webseries or is the HBO show pretty much a better version in every way?

Nabs

"Do you listen to yourself?"
"All the time. I have a podcast."

She kills me with these lines, and apparently a lot of 'em are adlibbed.

And that ending was crazy. Twitter is a mess right now.

Grizzlyjin

Best episode of the season for me, everything clicked really well. Lawrence demolished Tasha, can't even blame him. That tension needed to be let loose.

I fucking love Kelly. Glad she'll be a regular next season, she has all the best lines.

Grizzlyjin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom