• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insecure - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO

HBO go had all the episodes of Due North at the end of the finale. That show had alot of great production values for something that was kinda on in the background while stuff in the show was happening. I could totally watch a full season of it.

I loved Quentin's face when he was hooking up with Molly. His"Is this really happening?" look killed me.

Poor Quentin though. He's gonna be heartbroken.

Great season. I enjoyed it. I hope Aparna comes back. I like her voice. Seemed weird Issa would go sleep with Daniel and what's up with her brother? He just seems like a straight ass and Molly didn't have to call me out like that. Car insurance is expensive!

norinrad

Why is Miles able to live there while Issa cannot afford to? The show portrays Miles as a thug with nothing going for him, yet he still lives there and the neighbor Issa was fucking who also happens to be a student could also afford to live there.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Why is Miles able to live there while Issa cannot afford to? The show portrays Miles as a thug with nothing going for him, yet he still lives there and the neighbor Issa was fucking who also happens to be a student could also afford to live there.
Plot convenience?

You also have to consider she was probably living in a somewhat expensive apartment since both her and Lawrence were paying rent (even when he was unemployed). She then transitioned to living on her own for months and on top of that the rent went up. Miles probably had a cheap single person apartment in the complex

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I thought Issa could've still lived there if she wanted but moved to get a fresh start. Like when everyone was talking about the new changes in her life, they couldn't come up with anything for Issa so she blurted out "I'm moving!" She threw a tantrum about the rent increase cause that's more stress, but I didn't think it would've pushed her out completely.

The Dunes also could've been accepting section 8 vouchers. who knows. The gentrification theme will probably be a plot next season.

i'm actually disappointed in how they didn't fully address the molly pay situation. after the premiere i expected more confrontations with her and the douchey white dude.

The way insecue and atlanta last year are filming black people is honestly just flooring. This is some of the best in comedy tv cinematography we're seeing and it's all black everything. just crazy. Seeing Master of None experiment with camerawork earlier this year then all the nice transitions with the music in this finale was just great.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The Dunes also could've been accepting section 8 vouchers. who knows. The gentrification theme will probably be a plot next season.

i'm actually disappointed in how they didn't fully address the molly pay situation. after the premiere i expected more confrontations with her and the douchey white dude.

The way insecue and atlanta last year are filming black people is honestly just flooring. This is some of the best in comedy tv cinematography we're seeing and it's all black everything. just crazy. Seeing Master of None experiment with camerawork earlier this year then all the nice transitions with the music in this finale was just great.

Yes, White Josh (seeing him be a douche compared to his character in Crazy Ex-Girlfriend was fun). I did expect more from that story line, but then again the way Molly composes herself at work I couldn't expect her to push harder in the office beyond just quitting for a better job.

Bladenic

I keep forgetting Sterling K Brown was in this season. Honestly have no idea why they would get an actor of his caliber and completely waste him like they did, anyone could've played that small role.

I keep forgetting Sterling K Brown was in this season. Honestly have no idea why they would get an actor of his caliber and completely waste him like they did, anyone could've played that small role.

He specifically asked Issa to have a role in the second season.

Being one of Molly's jumpoffs makes perfect sense when he wants to be on the show and has other obligations.

kiguel182

Finally watched the finale. Man, that scene between Issa and Lawrence was intense. Fuck.

Like, I hope they get together but also it seems that there's no going back and they just have to move on. It's fucking intense and I don't know, it really hit me.

That fucking gold star was something. Hopefully Molly ditches them for a better job. Altought I hope next season she figures her love life a bit. I mean, she doesn't need to find true love but being a side chick is bad.

Kelly continues to be the GOAT and steal every scene she is in.

Season 2 was good. The characters did dumb shit but it all made sense given where they were in their live and what a low point it was. The direction, scripts and acting were all top notch. Loved it and can't wait for more.

Oh man I forgot about that fucking gold star. The amount of composure Molly had was amazing. There is no way she would stay after that bullshit.

Zojirushi

I like Frieda but then the show is making me feel like she only exists to lure white people like myself in to like the show. Huh...

royalan

I like Frieda but then the show is making me feel like she only exists to lure white people like myself in to like the show. Huh...

Not really.

I think Frieda represents the well-meaning white friend that most black people have.

The work-friendship dynamic between Issa and Frieda is very believable to me.

Zojirushi

Not really.

I think Frieda represents the well-meaning white friend that most black people have.

The work-friendship dynamic between Issa and Frieda is very believable to me.

I got that vibe in S01 but then in S02 it kinda changed to Issa being the "bad one" though right?

I'm still laughing at "change it to a black station".

I don't even think I laughed at it the first time, but it keeps coming back in my head for some reason.

Zojirushi

Issa's not "the bad one." Frieda's not "the good one." That's a shallow read on that situation.

Yeah you're right I didn't mean it like that.

I was just getting the vibe that the show was trying to give Frieda some character development in S02 and while I do not have the cultural background to put all of that stuff in perspective I did like it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I like Frieda. Issa got indignant about being called out, but Frieda made a good point. Those Latino kids need help too. The stress from work and her personal life had Issa lost for bit, taking the path of least resistance to make something work. But pushing other people down to get ahead isn't what we're about to do.

Now Lawrence's bosses...they're no good.

Ash735

Me and the gf finally sat down the other night intending to START the second season but, well, screw it, we were both off work the next day, suddenly it's 4am and we've binged through the entire second season.

So, ..., did anyone end up in a better position by the end of this season? It feels like each character fucked up in ways and they all ended off on a bad note, especially Molly, what the fuck is she doing? Lawrence, man as a person who's been cheated on in the past I understand that creeping paranoia you project onto your next serious relationship but from the outlook there him and Aparna are done.

Man this show, at least the soundtrack is killer though, some seriously good tracks this season.

Top Bottom