• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insecure - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO

Seesaw15

I hope they dive more into Tiffany and Derek's storyline next season. They've been hinting at stuff from their introduction and it's annoying we never see them explored more deeply. Derek is lowkey fine too

I think the meat of Derek/Tiffany's storyline next season is that Derek is bi and slept with Issa's brother.

What did Lawrence do? He might have been the most mature out there the three (doesn't give a fuck about Dro)

Blowing shit up with Aparna because he can't get over his insecurity from Issa cheating on him. No one likes to be bugged constantly about cheating when they aren't.

He needs to apologize to that girl and fast.

Mariolee

Yeah had a viewing party tonight (me being the only Asian dude and the three others being black women) and we were all disappointed but I still liked the episode more than everyone else did.

Only thing I didn't get was Molly.

Seesaw15

Hmm where do you get that from? Has there been some reference I missed.

I just rewatched season 1 and they dropped some hints. How Tiffany reacted to the hypothetical question of Dereck experimenting with another guy, they still haven't revealed why Dereck was sleeping at a hotel, how the camera lingers on Dereck and Issa's brother during party scenes. Plus Issa's brother is openly gay in the show or am I confused?

Blowing shit up with Aparna because he can't get over his insecurity from Issa cheating on him. No one likes to be bugged constantly about cheating when they aren't.

He needs to apologize to that girl and fast.

I mean he pretty much got over that with his conversation with Issa. We knew that was gonna happen.

Barzul

I just rewatched season 1 and they dropped some hints. How Tiffany reacted to the hypothetical question of Dereck experimenting with another guy, they still haven't revealed why Dereck was sleeping at a hotel, how the camera lingers on Dereck and Issa's brother during party scenes. Plus Issa's brother is openly gay in the show or am I confused?
Yeah he's openly gay.

This show legit has me wanting to friend the girl I blocked 3 1/2 years ago. And then of course Facebook loves reminding you of old shit, had to bring up a picture of us from my 20th birthday. I don't fucking need this shit right now man :'(

You didn't delete it? You fucking up

rugioh

Banned
Whoever does costumes for this show needs to put out a lookbook. I'm stealing these Lawrence blueprints all day. Turtleneck gang

zelas

I just never got that impression. Even in the dinner party she just seemed a little embarrased rather than hurt or even annoyed that he brought another girl. Meanwhile we got scenes of lawrence stalking her apartment and facebook.

Those cuts are always what Issa is thinking in her head at that moment. It's been that way from the very first episode. She 100% wants him back.

All that was last season. Keep up.
Alright, now I get why you all were disappointed.

LOL!

Smh Molly, I can't with you anymore. But that rising star award was some serious bullshit.

It's going to get real awkward at work with the whole Lawrence-Aparna breakup. And Yh, Lawrence isn't going anywhere.

Looks like that's all she's going to have left with the road she's continuing to go down with Lil Rey and Dro.

Last night I had no idea what more they could do with Lawrence but now that I think about it the Aparna stuff could have a lot of material. Aparna has shown some real negativity towards Issa and she seems like she isn't afraid to mix things up. I feel a confrontation coming on with those two after she makes things bad for Lawrence.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Team Lawrence 🙌🏽 He moved on up and outta the shit. He's still kind of a dumbass but he owns it now. I've given up on Issa (tho I'm glad her boss got her on the segregated after school stuff and that Frida (💗) got the promotion) and Molly is gunna Molly. She's messy but more entertaining than Issa has been with her messiness.

Also I liked the sneak peek at HBO's Confederate.

I think the meat of Derek/Tiffany's storyline next season is that Derek is bi and slept with Issa's brother.
I thought that was a forgone conclusion from last season. Tiffany is really really defensive and deflective. Notice how they have been trying for a baby for awhile but until they got intoxicated and fucked did they end up with one 😏 I know of one former couple in my life like that and they split up after the kid. The man is quite happy with his partner now.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
There is definitely more to Derek & Tiffany. They're just so boujee that they keep up appearances. That's why nobody knew Derek was sleeping at a hotel.

Those Game of Thrones showrunners are taking notes on Due North. Their new show is gonna have a Redbone Wedding

Issa is fuckin up
Molly is fuckin up
Lawrence talked some good shit at the end but let's see how long that lasts

I'd watch the shit out of Due North.

Yado

worships her because she's got everything he wants (had)?

.... ;)

Wouldn't he be salty or at least indifferent? Also, Tiffany doesn't seem like the type who'd be comfortable with them fraternising.

I need to go back and watch S1 again I guess.

Wouldn't he be salty or at least indifferent?

I need to go back and watch S1 again I guess.

Not necessarily. This may shock you, but people react to things differently. Both reactions are realistic.

Still upset over "Blessed" by Daniel Caesar playing during that fantasy. Still in my feelings.

Kreed

Issa and her dream sequences continue to mess me up despite knowing the show has dream sequences. I'm glad the season didn't end up with Lawrence and Issa getting back together (yet, got to save something for season 4-5) and Lawrence and Issa finally got some closure and realized where they both fucked up. As for Molly, Molly is going to be that person that everyone knows/has met in real life that makes bad decision after bad decision when it comes to love despite all the advice and reasoning you throw their way. Hopefully some of Issa's other friends get a plot thread or two next season.

I didn't like this season overall but I really loved the framing of the finale, that was really cool. Also, Molly frustrates me to no end.

Future

Finale kind of wrapped things up but didn't leave me with any new questions for next season. Molly is still molly and hasn't changed at all. Issa now bouncing back in the home of the dude that started all this nonsense. Lawrence is like " I'm a fuck up" and has made no changes to his life (still chasing some fantasy app).

I feel like the series needs a time jump of some type to give characters time to change more before next season

Finale kind of wrapped things up but didn't leave me with any new questions for next season. Molly is still molly and hasn't changed at all. Issa now bouncing back in the home of the dude that started all this nonsense. Lawrence is like " I'm a fuck up" and has made no changes to his life (still chasing some fantasy app).

I feel like the series needs a time jump of some type to give characters time to change more before next season

How has Lawrence made no changes? Because he's still trying to create an app? Lol

I always feel like I'm watching a different show in this thread. How has Lawrence made no changes? He's acknowledged his issues which was by far his biggest character flaw.

And he's not chasing his dream app. At least not at the expense of other aspects of work/life. Remember the scene when he was talking to Aparna about trying to pitch new ideas and she suggested working on an existing pitch and seeing how it went and he hesitated, but went "Yeah". Old Lawrence would have ignored the advice.

Not to mention his friend request to Issa shows he's moved on and made amends with their relationship fallout. No more sneak visits to her apartment or whining about her FB activity

So are we going to talk about how we've NEVER seen Chad's girlfriend/fiance?

Wha? Lawrence has had the most growth of any character on the show. Dude has a secure job while chasing his dream on the side. Which is the absolute right way to go about it. Who doesn't have dreams and is just content with their job?

So are we going to talk about how we've NEVER seen Chad's girlfriend/fiance?

Wha? Lawrence has had the most growth of any character on the show. Dude has a secure job while chasing his dream on the side. Which is the absolute right way to go about it. Who doesn't have dreams and is just content with their job?

LOL, right!?! Breh probably lying and is some lonely guy striking out on bumble/hinge/etc. He and Derek stay gassing Lawrence up.

And yeah, Issa is stuck in her own Molly loop. She was being groomed for that director position at her job and fucked it up. Now ol' lady Liberal Guilt might be looking to fire her ass with any other fuck up.

Yado

I mean Chad's tone when he speaks about her makes it seem like he's lying but since none of the other guys have called him out on it I think it's safe to say she exists. He just isn't important enough to show that much of his life I guess.

Samara

Aparna dodges a bullet. Lawrence is always looking to his friends to ''toughen up'' and then gets tossed in the trash by his girlfriends. He finally grows as a character when he stays true to himself. The storyline is done.

The gold star award...wow.
2040fe5ca30b3fe021ded85c27466134--sexy-vampire-makeup-johnny-depp-dark-shadows.jpg

The fuck?!!!!! They ain't really just get married... Edit: Nvm lol. A mess. I was like that made no sense

I was like ''Bitch: WHERE?''����
The montage was hella cute. Lol Lawrence proposing. Dude doesn't even own a couch. This is why he went to Issa's.

norinrad

Aparna dodges a bullet. Lawrence is always looking to his friends to ''toughen up'' and then gets tossed in the trash by his girlfriends. He finally grows as a character when he stays true to himself. The storyline is done.

The gold star award...wow.

I was like ''Bitch: WHERE?''����
The montage was hella cute. Lol Lawrence proposing. Dude doesn't even own a couch. This is why he went to Issa's.

Lawrence is coming back and so is Aparna and his buddies Chad and Derek.

Aparna didn't dodge a bullet, change and growth takes time, Lawrence is on the right path and he's going to come out winning.

Sent

I'm on Team Daniel (and he should've told Issa to find some other couch to sleep on).

Also what job did Molly take?!

Chase17

Overall I think this season was a big step up from what was already a good season 1.

Glad we have closure on Issa/Lawrence.

Even watched all the due north clips after the credits lol.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Better not hear Molly bitching about not being able to find love next season. Embrace your role as a side chick and be happy.

Y'all think Aparna and Lawrence broke up? It was a bad fight sure but easily fixable. Real talk I just want to see more of Aparna and those hips next season.

Issa....I mean, if she wasn't fucked up I guess there wouldn't be a show, but how she can sleep on Daniel's couch after giving him that much grief over a nut is beyond me.

Better not hear Molly bitching about not being able to find love next season. Embrace your role as a side chick and be happy.

Y'all think Aparna and Lawrence broke up? It was a bad fight sure but easily fixable. Real talk I just want to see more of Aparna and those hips next season.

Issa....I mean, if she wasn't fucked up I guess there wouldn't be a show, but how she can sleep on Daniel's couch after giving him that much grief over a nut is beyond me.

_y0fSR.gif

Top Bottom