• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insecure - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO

I didn't get the notion that Lawrence was going to be out of the show, even though he showed a lot of growth by the end of the season there are still stories you can tell with him. Even if they don't directly involve Issa, him hanging out with Chad is always funny.

I really liked the structure of how the finale was set up, once I saw how each side was being shown. The direction really stood out to me in this episode as well.

As for where Molly and Issa both ended up, I didn't mind it. It definitely felt like Issa/Lawrence getting back together would have been the wrong way to go.

I actually feel like he's done. That could just be him tryna show her he meant what he said and he's gonna at least try to be her friend. Which is dope, but maybe not what we need to see in the show

No we do need to see that. People are writing out Lawrence have no vision for what else they can do with the character.

For one, post-reconciliation between them. Seeing them be friends.

He's also the third part of the show, which is why he got focus in the episode along with Molly and Issa and we've been following all three of them since the beginning.

And while the "male" perspective can be transferred to Daniel, he's gonna be tied to Issa's story while Lawrence was given key advice for his career thru Aparna(and that's gonna pop back up) and his maturity there's room for him to grow even further.

I didn't get the notion that Lawrence was going to be out of the show, even though he showed a lot of growth by the end of the season there are still stories you can tell with him. Even if they don't directly involve Issa, him hanging out with Chad is always funny.

I really liked the structure of how the finale was set up, once I saw how each side was being shown. The direction really stood out to me in this episode as well.

As for where Molly and Issa both ended up, I didn't mind it. It definitely felt like Issa/Lawrence getting back together would have been the wrong way to go.

Maybe I would've felt better about Daniel and Dro coming back if there was any sort of lead up to it.

zelas

Who the fuck walks out of a therapy session going, let me go back to doing the toxic thing I didn't enjoy and leave the guy that I liked and also supported me. Come on Molly.
Why focus on what she should do when she could have all the monstar she wants if that makes her happy?

She's such a joke.

I actually feel like he's done. That could just be him tryna show her he meant what he said and he's gonna at least try to be her friend. Which is dope, but maybe not what we need to see in the show.
I feel like he's done too but I still feel like they're going to find a reason to keep him in the show. I'm 100% certain the friend request was their way of showing us that he's moved beyond the level Issa and Molly are on though. Lawrence 2 - Issa 0

The more I scroll through Twitter the more I think there's more to this Tiffany thing. Derek was basically dropping exposition.

I just rewatched that scene and WOW can those few lines be interpreted in some wild ways. I'm looking forward to their developments more than the main characters now.

Tiff pregnant by someone else. Derek thought she was watching Due North with Issa, but she never showed there. She got a side nigga. Stay woke.

No we do need to see that. People are writing out Lawrence have no vision for what else they can do with the character.

For one, post-reconciliation between them. Seeing them be friends.

He's also the third part of the show, which is why he got focus in the episode along with Molly and Issa and we've been following all three of them since the beginning.

And while the "male" perspective can be transferred to Daniel, he's gonna be tied to Issa's story while Lawrence was given key advice for his career thru Aparna(and that's gonna pop back up) and his maturity there's room for him to grow even further.

I have the vision. This is just a great ending for his character. They can continue his story, but they can also not. The fact that this is a viable end for him on the show is a compliment to the show's writing.

Trey

Lawrence will be back. Issa gonna tire of her situationship with Daniel and send that "hey bighead" text by season 3, episode 4.

Socivol

Was anyone else slightly disappointed with the finale? The season had been great but the finale was by far the weakest episode to me this season.

Was anyone else slightly disappointed with the finale? The season had been great but the finale was by far the weakest episode to me this season.

I thought the episode was great and probably the best directed, it was the ending that pissed me off.

We were THIS close to getting that Frieda outside of work scene. I know she's messy, I just want to see it once.

LotusHD

Banned

Considering its length, kind of. But then again, it was more the ending that had me feeling that way, the rest of the episode was solid.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Watching now. I never got the hype around Aparna...until they showed her chillin in Lawrence's kitchen. Damn!

I'm liking this format of the episode. Shifting ahead in time. Glad the show is taking some chances.

99Luffy

Banned
I feel the same way. And Im not sure why they used that whole flashback style story telling. It didnt add anything.
And that part where issa imagine them getting married just seemed so random.

I feel the same way. And Im not sure why they used that whole flashback style story telling. It didnt add anything.
And that part where issa imagine them getting married just seemed so random.
She wants Lawrence because she knows she fucked up a good thing with a good dude. He is still the endgame.

Really? I thought it was one of the best eps this season because we actually saw characters confronting each other and having actual productive conversations. My only disappointment was Molly, as usual.

The BJ episode was the weakest, especially with Issa hyping it up like it'd be a big deal.

Also, I don't get weak in the knees

lawrencemain.png

This will never not be funny to me.

Socivol

Really? I thought it was one of the best eps this season because we actually saw characters confronting each other and having actual productive conversations. My only disappointment was Molly, as usual.

The BJ episode was the weakest, especially with Issa hyping it up like it'd be a big deal.

Also, I don't get weak in the knees

Every single one of my friends thought it was a bad finale and a bad episode. I wasn't that impressed it wasn't trash but compared to some of the other episodes (especially last weeks) it was just pretty weak and because it was the finale I just expected more.

This is directly from my group chat after the episode:

Friend 1:that finale was lame
Friend 2:Yup
That sucked
Friend 3: Definitely nothing like first season

I was really surprised we all felt similarly about it.

99Luffy

Banned
She wants Lawrence because she knows she fucked up a good thing with a good dude. He is still the endgame.
I just never got that impression. Even in the dinner party she just seemed a little embarrased rather than hurt or even annoyed that he brought another girl. Meanwhile we got scenes of lawrence stalking her apartment and facebook.

Every single one of my friends thought it was a bad finale and a bad episode. I wasn't that impressed it wasn't trash but compared to some of the other episodes (especially last weeks) it was just pretty weak and because it was the finale I just expected more.

This is directly from my group chat after the episode:

Friend 1:that finale was lame
Friend 2:Yup
That sucked
Friend 3: Definitely nothing like first season

I was really surprised we all felt similarly about it.

Did any of you elaborate on why you thought it was bad?

I just never got that impression. Even in the dinner party she just seemed a little embarrased rather than hurt or even annoyed that he brought another girl. Meanwhile we got scenes of lawrence stalking her apartment and facebook.

Even after her dream sequence this ep?!

Are we just going to ignore Issa blowing up his phone with texts and phone calls at the beginning of the season? Checking out his Facebook? Sending Molly to his job to get a read on whether he wanted to get back together with her?

This stuff too! Both of them thought of the other. In Issa's case, from this ep, it was clearly because she wanted to give it another shot. In Lawrence's case it seemed more that he just wanted actual closure

This show legit has me wanting to friend the girl I blocked 3 1/2 years ago. And then of course Facebook loves reminding you of old shit, had to bring up a picture of us from my 20th birthday. I don't fucking need this shit right now man :'(

Are we just going to ignore Issa blowing up his phone with texts and phone calls at the beginning of the season? Checking out his Facebook? Sending Molly to his job to get a read on whether he wanted to get back together with her?
Even after her dream sequence this ep?!
Exactly lol

He watched an entirely different show apparently.

99Luffy

Banned
All that was last season. Keep up.

Yo! Remember that fight Lawrence and Issa had in the CVS. I forgot how bummy Lawrence looked for half of season 1, dude really started taking care of himself when he got that job.

All that was last season. Keep up.

No, all of that was the start of this season.

tribal24

Banned
YASSS that finale was everything, some growth from lawrence definitely. His chapter is closed for sure. Molly being messy AF because she wants to be. Also the tiffany thing season 3 is going to be good.

Socivol

Did any of you elaborate on why you thought it was bad?

It felt like a lot of stuff was unresolved and not because it was a cliffhanger. Even though it was a longer episode than normal it didn't seem like much of anything happened. The stuff that did happen was just kind of boring. Something was off with the tone to me personally. The episode was okay but it wasn't great and I think it's the weakest of this season.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I get why some people would be disappointed with this episode. The format put every major storyline on fast forward. Didn't the episode order for this season get cut back by 2? That might explain some things.

I enjoyed it, especially since they let the Lawrence and Issa moment breathe. Would've like to see the Molly & Dro stuff move in another direction, but it's cool

DJwest

Smh Molly, I can't with you anymore. But that rising star award was some serious bullshit.

It's going to get real awkward at work with the whole Lawrence-Aparna breakup. And Yh, Lawrence isn't going anywhere.

Issa staying with Daniel? Smh.

norinrad

It's time to let her go lmao

Only a foolish man would say such a thing. I'm still on the Aparna train. Hopefully when Lawrence has his shit sorted out Aparna would be there. Hopefully.

Btw Tiffany is out there, the moment I saw her face on the show I knew it. The up to no good girl that pretends to have it all down and stable. Shit loads of Tiffany's out there and they are harder to get caught. Also fuck carrot cake.

Seesaw15

Only a foolish man would say such a thing. I'm still on the Aparna train. Hopefully when Lawrence has his shit sorted out Aparna would be there. Hopefully.

Lol. Aparna got out the car in the middle of the road. I don't think Lawrence's dick was that good.

Galang

Banned
I hope they dive more into Tiffany and Derek's storyline next season. They've been hinting at stuff from their introduction and it's annoying we never see them explored more deeply. Derek is lowkey fine too

Top Bottom