• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INSIDE is out in 2 days - Where's the hype?

No INSIDE threads here on GAF? The game releases on Wednesday and LIMBO was a miraculous and super nicely polished game - I've only been looking at a bit of footage cause I don't want to spoil myself, but everything I've seen so far looks amazing.

HYPE!

AHA-Lambda

Well I'd ask where's the gameplay? Not much has really been shown from it
That's probably the answer to your question

I'm definitely pumped, but this game has been in development for so long... it doesn't surprise me that the hype is not very high. Like many indie games, the popularity will have to come from the quality of the game itself rather than any marketing technique Microsoft pulls in the next few days.

bede-x

I'm looking forward to it, but will get it on Steam next week. It is surprising how little people are talking about it.

Everyone previewing this game seems to be raving about it, so I'm sold. Do we know the review embargo date?

Yeah, I've rarely seen people being THIS positive about a game with nothing critical to say. They spent 6 years on it now, I expect this thing to be utterly mindblowing and - again - insanely polished.

Playing Another World on the Super Nintendo back then was already an amazing experience, I kinda hope that INSIDE ends up feeling very similar.

Corpsepyre

Banned
It's an indie title with little to no gameplay shown, or marketed properly, as far as I know. It's reasonable to see that no one's hyped or talking about it.

I'm hyped, but still anxious to see reviews.
From some of the preview stuff I've heard, it may be a bit on the short side, but brilliant none the less.
I can't wait!

I'll be playing on Wednesday for sure. Really excited for it. So little is known about the game, which makes building hype for difficult in a mass market sense.

dugdug

Banned
I'm interested, but, a stealth release probably wasn't the best idea. Could have definitely used more of a marketing build-up.

Like, I know basically nothing about this game other than it's made by PlayDead and Chris Charla said it's amazing when he was on stage.

I'm hyped, but still anxious to see reviews.
From some of the preview stuff I've heard, it may be a bit on the short side, but brilliant none the less.
I can't wait!

Honestly, I'm hoping it's just 3-4 hours at most, but I want those 3-4 hours to be insanely polished and super well paced.

Limbo's first hour or so was just absolutely stunning, the latter half of the game felt a bit weaker in comparison, so I'm hoping that INSIDE is perfect all the way through.

I couldn't be more excited! Limbo is quite possiblr my favourite game of all time. One of thr greatest experiences I have had in this industry, so I cannot wait for Inside, especially considering it looks so goddamn amazing!!

Will be buying on Steam (short of the initial reviews and impressions saying its awful, which i seriously doubt).

Limbo was the first "indie" game I ever bought when XBL was just starting out. It set a brilliant benchmark for every other game of its kind. I'll be more than happy to support what Playdead are doing next.

The most excited I've been for a game in years... but I only have a Mac and PS4 so I'm really upset. I'm not going to buy a XO just for one game.

// I'm NOT going to buy a XO just for one game.

Super hyped. People who have played it already say it's GotY material. Bring it on.

There's gameplay out there by the way, but I didn't watch more than ten seconds. Don't want to spoil myself.

I'm hyped. Huge Limbo fan. Just there isn't much to discuss about it. Trailers don't tell us much, but that's a good thing.

AJ_Wings

The first trailer was more than enough for me because I want to go to this game almost completely blind. Limbo is one of my favorite games of all time and I don't doubt Playdead to top that game. So yeah, Uber hyped.

low-G

I didn't know it was coming at all. I definitely don't have the money to spare what with some of the other upcoming games.

I had to look up a trailer to even remember what it was.

I remember my initial impression was that it was Limbo with a far less interesting art style. That remains how I feel about it. I'm sure it could be a good game but the footage does absolutely nothing for me.

Test Chamber – 10 Minutes Of Playdead’s Limbo Follow-up, Inside

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...nutes-of-playdeads-limbo-followup-inside.aspx

One of the unexpected pieces of news that surfaced this week at E3 is the surprisingly close release of Inside, the new game from the creators of Limbo. We've had a chance to play the game, and decided to sample of few of the game's mechanics and locations while actively avoiding its key, spoilable moments.

Is the game under embargo until release?

Im picking it up on Wednesday without needing a review but it would be nice to see what is obviously a passion project get some wide spread acclaim.

Inside |OT| It's A Masterpiece

The marketing for this one has been non extistent which is odd.

I'm excited to see the reviews as people playing it have said it's magnificent.
Not to derail but is Inside a perma Xbone exclusive?

Eh. Limbo had just enough atmosphere and shock violence in its first half to fool the player into not noticing that it was a mediocre generic physics puzzler with very little to say. Pretty much the poster child for overrated indie games that are just different enough to get a pass from critics.

It sounds fantastic, but like a lot of Xbox One exclusives (and indies in particular) I feel like it's gotten zero push outside of E3 indie reels.

Definitely ready to be equally amazed and pissed off at it at the same time, just like with Limbo.

Duxxy3

I really liked what I saw from the Polygon video. Had to stop myself from watching after a few minutes.

It sounds fantastic, but like a lot of Xbox One exclusives (and indies in particular) I feel like it's gotten zero push outside of E3 indie reels.

Definitely ready to be equally amazed and pissed off at it at the same time, just like with Limbo.

Lol, it was actually highlighted on stage at their E3 Briefing this year and in 2014. The problem is the trailer was terrible, showed no gameplay, was basically images of business like people sitting around and ends on a shot of two men standing and talking by a big window (we can't hear what they are saying), and then ends with title and no release date, no pricing, no platforms, nothing. Right now if you were to watch an official trailer for this game you would have no idea what it is, when it releases, what it releases on etc.

And they don't seemed too concerned about spoiling what the gameplay is as there are 10 minute gameplay videos up online on sites like Polygon. So I understand why there is little hype for this game at the moment. I expect that will change once it is released though, as it is getting great buzz from those that are playing it.

Top Bottom