• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INSIDE is out in 2 days - Where's the hype?

I already bought it and pre-loaded it. Limbo turned out to be one of my favorite games ever and I own it on pretty much platform available. Hopefully this will be the case with Inside.

whyman

There is no hype because it is out on Xbox One first. Come back in a week. (I have a Xbox One but no way Im buying anything for that if it isnt 100% exclusive.

btags

I preordered it yesterday fully expecting it to be amazing, but I don't think this is a game you really get hyped about. They have shown so little, which I think is great, but there is not much to get hyped about.

Or, because there are literally only two trailers from its announcement till now, we know literally nothing about the game till two weeks ago.

SpotAnime

OléGunner;208469856 said:
The marketing for this one has been non extistent which is odd.

I'm excited to see the reviews as people playing it have said it's magnificent.
Not to derail but is Inside a perma Xbone exclusive?

I feel like part of Xbox's problem is that they aren't getting the word out on their games properly. Last gen had Summer of Arcade which really did a great job of promoting the XBL titles. Now hasn't the Arcade branding even been dropped?

Sony is doing a great job with it's targeted release dates and developer blogs and announcements. Nintendo has Treehouse. Microsoft seems to unceremoniously dump its releases on any given day with a scheduled Major Nelson blog post simply stating "[INSERT GAME] now available for purchase." I just don't know what they are thinking this generation, but I feel it's making ALL of their titles suffer, whether it's a AAA first party release, a third-party title or an indie game.

So yeah, INSIDE is being hyped as a GOTY from those who played it, but outside of a commment from Phil during a live stream, it's not getting promoted as it should be.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Isn't it the first Xbox exclusive this year?

Edit: Forgot Quantum Break... sort of.
It's not exclusive.

I'm eagerly anticipating it, but my hype isn't overflowing or anything. I know it will be good, but I'm patient. Kinda weird.

Gears

Actually played limbo a few weeks ago, and totally forgot this was coming out. Pc, so my hype will wait a bit :)

I'm excited because it's from the creators of Limbo, but hype can only go so far when they say the game is fantastic but never actually showed it.

JonnyKong

Bought and preordered. Can't wait. I just need to finish Doom first before I start playing it. All I've heard so far is really positive word of mouth so I think we'll have a sleeper hit here.

ArjanN

I don't mind that they showed barely anything, I expect it's like Limbo that every scene you've seen doesn't quite the same impact as you play it.

It's more that it's still bit longer out for me on PC.

NeoRaider

Steam says July 7.

raw

RIGHT HERE!

But outside of a small contingency on GAF and other places online, you're right: None of my other gaming friends have heard of the game let alone know it's about to be released.

This is the downside of a developer that is super secretive and a publisher not throwing market muscle behind an exclusive game. Hype is not where it should be..

I thought Limbo was one of the most annoying games last gen with no pay-off at the end so this game is not even on my radar.

This whole being on Xbox first being used as a crutch for games no is talking about is silly. If it was interesting it would be discussed.

singhr1

Can't wait! I thought Limbo had great strengths but I could see where it could improve. INSIDE seems to push in that direction even more.

The soundtrack seems very strong too!

killroy87

I'm sure it will be good, and I'm sure I'll get to it eventually, but the pre-release trailers and impressions haven't done much to make me excited. It seems different from Limbo, but also a lot like Limbo, if that makes any sense. And as much as I loved Limbo, I don't really need a sequel to it.

I'm sure it will be very good, the mentions about it on podcasts have been positive. Maybe I'm just not in the mood right now.

Wow it looks exactly like Limbo too, but is not Limbo. Their distinct art style is really cool and I love the atmospheric music they inject at specific points. Looks like a worthy follow-up

Zach

I'm old and jaded and it's extremely rare that I follow a game or buy it on release day.

I'm buying the crap out of INSIDE on Wednesday.

Psoelberg

I really liked LIMBO, so I would be hyped if not for the fact that I only have a ps4 and mac at the moment... Any news of this releasing on ps4?

T.O.P

Banned
In recent times "it's on Xbox" has been used as the reason to dismiss any criticism(Scalebound for example) or explain the lack of excitement for game.

I still don't feel how this is being brought up in this thread honestly if not for petty reasons

Last 3 thread similar to this were about For Honor, Trackmania, JC3 and Hitman with a quick research

No one is dismissing any criticism as well

Instro

Eh. Limbo had just enough atmosphere and shock violence in its first half to fool the player into not noticing that it was a mediocre generic physics puzzler with very little to say. Pretty much the poster child for overrated indie games that are just different enough to get a pass from critics.

Small child/animal in scary environment is like reviewer catnip. The E3 trailer for this was awful btw.

NateDrake

Review embargo lifts tomorrow morning at 5am Pacific. I completed the game over the weekend, but can't say more until the embargo lift.

I don't want to know anything about this game. I was sold when I saw that Playdead was making it. The same goes for any Moon Studios game OP :) Imported Ori and the Blind Forest from Play Asia seeming as it didn't get a PAL physical release, arrived today!

T.O.P

Banned
I don't want to know anything about this game. I was sold when I saw that Playdead was making it. The same goes for any Moon Studios game OP :) Imported Ori and the Blind Forest from Play Asia seeming as it didn't get a PAL physical, arrived today!

Beautiful cover, would've double dipped if it was releasing in PAL regions as well :/

I don't want to know anything about this game. I was sold when I saw that Playdead was making it. The same goes for any Moon Studios game OP :) Imported Ori and the Blind Forest from Play Asia seeming as it didn't get a PAL physical release, arrived today!

Aw, thanks, appreciate it and I hope you have tons of fun with it! :)

But let's stay focused on INSIDE, don't want to steal Playdeads thunder :)

Dabanton

The reviews will no doubt help it off running.

It's one of those games where to show too much will probably spoil the impact of the reveals.

Everyone I've seen mention playing it are hyped. Which bodes well.

btags

Aw, thanks, appreciate it and I hope you have tons of fun with it! :)

But let's stay focused on INSIDE, don't want to steal Playdeads thunder :)

Just beat Ori the other day and the ending was really fun. Hope to have a similarly wonderful experience with Inside.

The 10 minutes video from Polygon and knowing that the team behind Limbo is making this game was enough for me. A definite buy for me. Reading that the game length is between 3.5 and 6 hours is just the cherry on top for me.

CrayToes

Oooooh that's nice!

Top Bottom