• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INSIDE is out in 2 days - Where's the hype?

It seems to be one of those games where you want to know as little as possible for max effect. I can't wait till next week! ^Dag Nabbit!

EDIT: The best example I can give is that somebody recently gifted me Pony Island... I literally knew nothing about the game. I even ended up waiting till my wife was at work to play it so she didn't see me playing with ponies or something. I was blown away. Amazing game.

Just watched the 10 min gameplay footage on Polygon's YT channel, I was that interested in the game to actually give clicks to Polygon.

It looks so friggin amazing. I was aware it was coming at the end of the month but I just realized it's July the 27th already.

I'll preorder it once I go back home. Limbo was one of the best games of the previous gen. I bought it because someone else was talking about it on the vg section of another forums and once I tried it I fell in love with it. Since then I kind of fell in love with the genre too. When I saw its reveal trailer I got hyped. Can't wait to play it.

No screenshots, almost no gameplay videos, and you still wonder why there's no hype for it?
There are a bunch of screenshots and GIFs; there was one gameplay trailer, one mood trailer; and a bunch of new gameplay footage this month, and it's one of those games where word of mouth and knowing less going in is going to work in its favor

From the game's site
3Exoxd6.jpg
n7A6gDE.jpg

gif1.gif
gif5.gif

I legitimately haven't heard about this game since it's reveal up til now and I'm on gaf multiple times throughout the day every day and I was legitimately interested in it.

So yeah that's prob why no one is hyped. I didn't even know it's out in 2 days ffs.

I don't wanna wait for the Steam release. :|

I thought Limbo was one of the most annoying games last gen with no pay-off at the end so this game is not even on my radar.

This whole being on Xbox first being used as a crutch for games no is talking about is silly. If it was interesting it would be discussed.

Just like Undertale, Hyper Light Drifter, and Ori were making headlines before release, am I right? Uninteresting trash.

I'm sorry, i just couldn't pass up the opportunity. If you like microsoft thats fine by me, i just don't

If you dislike Microsoft, do it on Twitter. No shortage of fanboys there. I'm sure you have your reasons, but this isn't GameFAQs. This is a thread for people to discuss an upcoming game, not to look for "opportunities" to wage childish system wars.

TheYanger

I'm sorry, i just couldn't pass up the opportunity. If you like microsoft thats fine by me, i just don't

It's literally shitposting when you just drive by threads to spread hate and no useful discourse at all, "It's my opinion bro" is a poor defense for trying to shit the thread up.

Montresor

Here's my idea for the OT title:

Inside |OT| Spending 9am-to-5pm in Limbo

That's assuming the game has some sort of angle on office workers (I got that impression from the recent E3 trailer).

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
In all fairness, PlayDead have kept this game pretty damn hidden with no HINT of a release date.

Suddenly BOOM. It's out in 2 weeks gaiz.

Might have something to do with it.

big fake

so is this a Xbox One timed exclusive? So it is coming to PC later or also on PS4? Could someone clarify, would help with my purchase.

Miker

Hopefully it plays to their strengths and stays more of an atmospheric puzzle game. The biggest problem with Limbo was that it turned into an actual platformer in the last third, and it wasn't a very good platformer either.

seriously ?

can't wait to play this.

I guess I don't know the implications of the comic, it was just the first thing that came up when I searched the word for an image and it seemed like it fit. I thought it was conveying the opportunism so to speak of kicking them while they are down. If it's offensive I can take it down though.

I posted this before the poster was banned btw.

Hopefully it plays to their strengths and stays more of an atmospheric puzzle game. The biggest problem with Limbo was that it turned into an actual platformer in the last third, and it wasn't a very good platformer either.
Limbo was always more of a cinematic platformer than a puzzle platformer

jamsy

I love the aesthetic of this but am wary that it plays like Limbo.

I fucking hated Limbo's trial and error based gameplay. Anyone know if this plays differently?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I can't decide whether to buy on XB1 this week or if I can hold off and get it on PC where I'd prefer it. I'll probably just pick it up this week cuz it's hard to wait.

Zooms to the bottom of the page to avoid the unspoilered pics...

Will there be rules on spoilers in the OT so that the peeps who want to get this on steam can still take part in the thread without being spoiled? I see some threads that do and some that don't but that would be sweet.

I love the aesthetic of this but am wary that it plays like Limbo.

I fucking hated Limbo's trial and error based gameplay. Anyone know if this plays differently?
IGN described it as "Super Limbo"

But then again you have to treat the deaths like the deaths in a Hotline Miami or Super Meat Boy. Dying is a means of learning and, in the case of these games, one of the ways to establish that brutal bleak atmosphere

It should have more hype. Isn't Limbo one of the most well-known indies? It introduced indie games to a lot of people.
The hype will come when the reviews and public praise begin. Some of the previews and comments of those who've played, they're itching to start yelling from the rooftops about this

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Atmospheric cinematic platformer in an unsettling dystopian environment. Finely tuned sound design, animations, and aesthetic developed and polished for 6 years.

Jesus, working on the same project for 6 years? After this, I hope the devs get recognition as well as some well deserved rest.

I can't wait to play this, I'm so glad it's rather under the radar. I want to remain as unspoiled as possible.

Ask this masterpiece talk is really tempting me. I mostly enjoyed limbo (played it last year for the first time).
I stopped buying indies a while ago because I bought too many and basically have played any of them but I'm getting excited for this. Of it's a short experience in getting it.

Top Bottom