• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming April 2016 | Fool's Gold

OCD Guy

From Touch Arcade (grain of salt as always):

I can't see anything too crazy... why not wait till WWDC if thats the case. Still interesting.

http://toucharcade.com/2016/04/13/new-iphone-games-on-our-forums/

I really hope it's something special but likely won't be :(

I personally see a real potential for mobile and tablet gaming...

Plus there are already some real beautiful looking games already, and mobiles and tablets are getting more and more powerful each year. I'm looking forward to some of the games we're going to get in the future.

nampad

Out of interest do any of you use controllers to play any games?

I'm kinda tempted to pick up a controller but not sure if it's worth it.

Purchased geometry wars 3 as its on sale and very impressed. A very smooth 60fps game.

I have bought the PXN Speedy when I got my new Iphone and honestly it is not worth it so far. There are not enough good games which support MFI and Apple fucked up the layout anyway.

It is much better for controlling classic games though.

OCD Guy

I have bought the PXN Speedy when I got my new Iphone and honestly it is not worth it so far. There are not enough good games which support MFI and Apple fucked up the layout anyway.

It is much better for controlling classic games though.

Well I ordered the controller earlier today so should have it tomorrow. If I really don't like it I can always return it (thanks to apples generous returns policy). I've got a few games to try such as down well, geometry wars, transistor, implosion, space marshalls etc

If I really like it I'm tempted to pick up GTA San Andreas...

Out of interest what do you mean about the layout?

Crimsonland devs launched their world game/RPG Spellspire worldwide
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id834993441
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-uhMl97Z6U
screen322x572.jpeg
screen322x572.jpeg

Ketch

i dont see warbits on the app store.

also is deep dungeons of doom good? seems like it might scratch the darkest dungeon itch a little bit.

Rlan

We've just released a new version of Doomsday Clicker on iOS!

We've fixed a whole bunch of bugs that people were finding for it and we've re-jiggered how you turn humans into mutants early on in the game.

We've also added two new Doomsday Scenarios, a new 6th area to cause havoc on, and the abillity to share your Doomsday on Twitter and Facebook, like so:

Cf9wfAWXIAAfzns.jpg:large

Any more feedback would always be welcome :)

nampad

Well I ordered the controller earlier today so should have it tomorrow. If I really don't like it I can always return it (thanks to apples generous returns policy). I've got a few games to try such as down well, geometry wars, transistor, implosion, space marshalls etc

If I really like it I'm tempted to pick up GTA San Andreas...

Out of interest what do you mean about the layout?

The advanced layout doesnt have clickable sticks ib the MFI specifications even though it has been an industry standard for years.
Never understood why they left if out.

OCD Guy

The advanced layout doesnt have clickable sticks ib the MFI specifications even though it has been an industry standard for years.
Never understood why they left if out.

Ah ok, yeah I knew about that. They also left out rumble too which is a shame.

While it's unlikely what Apple would need to do is develop a controller themselves and bundle it with iPads or Apple TVs. Not that that would change the mfi spec (although they could that anyway) but I feel it would certainly give iOS gaming a nice little push.

I know the chances of that happening are slim, as Apple do not market any device as gaming centric, and if they did that it could potentially put some people off perhaps.

Hmm what to make of this....Roll on the 19th of April

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1207654

The first comment on the thread shows perceptions of mobile gaming still haven't changed. It's a shame some people dismiss games due to the platform they're on...:
1) Interesting. I wonder if this is the big thing happening next week that TA was hinting, or if it's a part of that big thing

2) And the perception has changed. It's just that some people are stubborn and/or closed-mined or whatnot. When a platform has been around 8 years, and some still act surprised and disappointed that a game is actually releasing on that (wide-spread, successful) platform...it's the person. Especially when many major places like IGN and Time Magazine definitely give mobile games attention and recognition

killercow

1) Interesting. I wonder if this is the big thing happening next week that TA was hinting, or if it's a part of that big thing

2) And the perception has changed. It's just that some people are stubborn and/or closed-mined or whatnot. When a platform has been around 8 years, and some still act surprised and disappointed that a game is actually releasing on that (wide-spread, successful) platform...it's the person. Especially when many major places like IGN and Time Magazine definitely give mobile games attention and recognition

I don't think it's related as Square is only announcing it on April 19th and if developers were asked to move their games from this week, it wouldn't make much sense. Maybe it's just Apple scheduling Editor's features as always. They hate it when everything comes out on the same week.

Pachimari

Boarding my plane in a few minutes. Bought Geometry Wars 3. Thinking of one last game for my trip.

Transistor, Brother or Her Story?

On an iPhone 6.

killercow

Boarding my plane in a few minutes. Bought Geometry Wars 3. Thinking of one last game for my trip.

On an iPhone 6.

I'd say Transistor or Her Story. As Brothers is better played on PC/consoles if you can.

Her Story may feel better on tablets though.

OCD Guy

I just hope it is something big. Although I feel it will be an anti climax.

I find its better to be negative as then I'm not disappointed lol

On an iPhone 6.

I'd say transistor personally.

Brothers for me was the most enjoyable experience as a game, but the controls hampered it somewhat. Not because of touch screen controls as I'm fine with them in general, but in brothers they're specifically not that great. Gutted that there's no mfi support for a game where the devs themselves made a comment about needing a controller to fully enjoy the game (when talking about pc)

Transistor works very well though, for example you can simply point to where you want to move to.

Thanks for draining my account Kingdom Hearts. Anyone seen any Discounts for US iTunes cards?

Edit: hunted and found nothing. There's a deal @staples on Sunday and Monday 15% off $50 and $100 cards. I'm not waiting that long.

pdk27

Anybody else not signing into Gamecenter with warbits? I sign in just fine with other games I'm playing. I wonder if being in the beta has anything to do with it.

I enjoy the fact that in Warbits the first conflict is largely started because your enemies have ketchup on their fried eggs in the morning.

God damn savages.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
has there been any word of Pokemon TCGO coming to iPhone? or is still just iPad for the forseeable future?

if so, is there a way to jerry rig the iPad client to have it run on iPhones?

Interfectum

Seems the big app store thing Touch Arcade was talking about could be the World Wildlife Fund that a lot of apps and games are getting in on.

I just had Hearthstone, Contest of Champions, Procreate and Galaxy of Heroes all update with IAP for WWF charity.

killercow

Awesome. I didn't ask for these but thanks for posting. My son and I love some local stuff like wrestle jump when we're out and about.

I've been showing these to friends not so long ago and it's amazing. We do play quite a lot of them when we get the chance now and it's always a blast.

Top Bottom