• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this a ghost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krejlooc

Banned
LOL at all the ghost skeptics in this thread, I bet you were the same people saying Noah's Ark wasn't real until science proved it was and you had to change your tone.

When science proves ghosts are real, what will you say then?

One day I'd like there to be a ghost thread on GAF where every other post doesn't consist of "lol ghosts aren't real because science". Today is not that day, OP.

Looks ghostly to me, but who knows?

Jackpot

Banned
? People say there is evidence for dark matter but we can't see it, or even understand complex astrophysics, but we trust the experts who do.

Dark Matter is a theory designed to account for the evidence we've gathered for things like the mass deficit in the universe and its rate of expansion.

Also where are these ghost experts that should be next to the String theory departments in universities?

That's not how science works though, the way Freenudemacusers said is how science works.

Eventually, if given enough time and technology and scientific method, many things can be disproved or basic understandings of things can change, or be proved.

I think personal opinion is coloring your view.

Notsureifserious.jpg

Krejlooc

Banned
There's so much wrong with this statement I don't even know where to begin correcting you.

Let's start with your so-called evidence. You claim there's lots of it, ergo the scientific conclusion would be that ghosts exist. The only evidence against ghosts is the total absence of anything to suggest such a concept, just as there is against fairyfolk, meaning solid evidence would overturn it all instantly. The scientific conclusion is there are no ghosts because there is no evidence, end of.

there is evidence of ghosts in the op

Dark Matter is a theory designed to account for the evidence we've gathered for things like the mass deficit in the universe and its rate of expansion.

Also where are these ghost experts that should be next to the String theory departments in universities?

Notsureifserious.jpg

I'm completely serious.

In fact your first statement contradicts what you said.

Krejlooc

Banned
"Congratulations! Now get back to doing something useful."

You don't think scientific proof of the after life would change the world? I bet there is a great number of people who wish we would seriously fund more scientific research into angels.

Not sure why you'd put your trust in establishment science and not seek out alternative answers to explain our physical reality.

I understand astrophysics, there is more evidence for dark matter then there has ever been about ghosts.
Well yeah but ghost research is a new field, give it time to build.

Turok_TTZ

Ghosts are most certainly real.
There is no ghost on that photo.
No camera is capable of perceiving a ghost so getting one on picture is impossible. Ghosts inherently mask their presence by default. If a ghost does not wish to be perceived, it will not be perceived by normal means. Period.

Plain and simple for me. I see CNN has nothing better to do.

Wouldnt the discovery of Ghosts being real pretty much cement the notion that there is an afterlife? Wonder what kind of effect that would have on Religion all over the world.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Ghosts are most certainly real.
There is no ghost on that photo.
No camera is capable of perceiving a ghost so getting one on picture is impossible. Ghosts inherently mask their presence by default. If a ghost does not wish to be perceived, it will not be perceived by normal means.

Plain and simple for me. I see CNN has nothing better to do.

then how come we have fatal frame CHECK MATE

You don't think scientific proof of the after life would change the world? I bet there is a great number of people who wish we would seriously fund more scientific research into angels.

Might as well just dump all that money into a volcano if you're just gonna waste it on nonsense superstition.

barik

You don't think scientific proof of the after life would change the world?

Well yes, it would.

I bet there is a great number of people who wish we would seriously fund more scientific research into angels.

I'd personally put more funding into stuff like cancer research, renewable energy, saving the environment, etc.

Rather than paying a scientist to find me an angel. Which is like paying a crystal ball reader to perform a surgery.

Technically it's possible that ghosts exist but in such a way that the contemporary scientific process cannot reliably verify their existence.

That said you could say the same about gaf gold.

Cyan

Banned
This reminds me of that news story about a priest mysteriously appearing out of nowhere to help at an accident and then disappearing again. And I totally thought it was going to turn out to have a rational explanation, like he just didn't stick around after the ambulance arrived. Boy did I feel dumb when he turned out to be a spirit sent by Jesus.

Krejlooc

Banned
This reminds me of that news story about a priest mysteriously appearing out of nowhere to help at an accident and then disappearing again. And I totally thought it was going to turn out to have a rational explanation, like he just didn't stick around after the ambulance arrived. Boy did I feel dumb when he turned out to be a spirit sent by Jesus.

omG

sometimes, the truth hurts.

I forgot that thread existed, thanks. I think it's high time for a new Ghost-Age thread. I'd make it but I don't have any interesting ghost stories of my own.

I tried a part two a year or two ago for Halloween but it didn't catch on like the first one did. I'll try again around October again. That first one though has some legendary posts in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom