• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan ranks their favorite female characters from Final Fantasy

LuuKyK

From the official Final Fantasy facebook page:

The results for Japan’s female character vote is now in.

Much like the earlier male character poll which saw Zack (FFVII) as the over all winner, the fight for the top appears to have been fierce. Lightning came in at #1, just narrowly beating out Aerith after taking what was seemingly an early runaway lead. Aerith and Yuna, however, were fighting for the top spot from the very beginning.

46 character names in total were posted by fans and the results – although not as detailed as the previous poll – reflect a general opinion of Japan’s Final Fantasy Forum using fans.

Those with duplicate rankings held the same amount of votes, and are thus counted as a tied ranking. Check out the full compiled list below. Note that not all 46 names are represented here, as characters with too few votes are not represented.

1. Lightning (FFXIII)
2. Aerith (FFVII)
3. Yuna (FFX)
4. Tifa (FFVII)
5. Celes (FFVI)
6. Tina (FFVI)
7. Serah (FFXIII)
8. Garnet (FFIX)
8. Faris (FFV)
10. Rinoa (FFVIII)
10. Rydia (FFIV)
12. Selphie (FFVIII)
13. Rikku (FFX)
14. Beatrix (FFIX)
14. Yuffie (FFVII)
16. Ashe (FFXII)
17. Rosa (FFIV)
17. Eiko (FFIX)
17. Agrias (FFT)

http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=4139

Japan knows whats up.

tumblr_mfb8hbNTuM1qblvxio1_500.gif

Old thread for the male characters for reference: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504445

Posting the list for easier comparison:

1. Zack (FFVII)
2. Cloud (FFVII)
3. Zidane (FFIX)
4. Tidus (FFX)
5. Squall (FFVIII)
6. Bartz (FFV)
7. Kain (FFIV)
8. Sephiroth (FFVII)
9. Cecil (FFIV)
10. Vincent (FFVII)
11. Noel (FFXIII-2)
12. Reno (FFVII)
13. Edgar (FFVI)
13. Lock (FFVI)
15. Balthier (FFXII)
15. Laguna (FFVIII)
17. Auron (FFX)
17. Hope (FFXIII)
19. Noctis (FF Versus XIII)
19. Reeve (FFVII)
21. Edge (FFIV)
21. Kuja (FFIX)
23. Irvine (FFVIII)
23. Gilbart (FFIV)
25. Vaan (FFXII)
25. Onion Knight (FFIII)
25. Galuf (FFV)
25. Golbez (FFIV)
25. Zell (FFVIII)
25. Vivi (FFIX)
25. Mash (Sabin) (FFVI)
32. Warrior of Light (FF)
32. Ace (FF Type-0)
32. Kurasame (FF Type-0)
32. Sazh (FFXIII)
32. Cid (Entire Series)
32. Steiner (FFIX)
32. Firion (FFII)
32. Ming-Wu (FFII)
32. Rufus Shinra (FFVII)

Her game aside, I kinda like Lightning.
And honestly, not too many FF chicks that I do like.
So by default I guess she'd get like #2 in my book. But that's just me.

Kyon

Banned
How much did Toriyama pay to have the worst character there @ #1

Poor Yuna the real number 1 spot belongs to her not that flop.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
She's the John Cena of Final Fantasy. You shove her down peoples throats long enough and give no other options, yeah, they'll like her.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Reading this list just made me realize I typically don't like Final Fantasy heroines.

Cross dressing pirate should have won. Lightning, really?

crayman

Has something of Lightning really not made the translation from Japanese? She's barely a character! Remember all those great Lightning quotes? Remember all her opinions, idiosyncrasies, and quirks? No! She's like a blank slate. I beat FF13, and couldn't tell you the first thing about her other than she thinks Snow is immature.

Beckx

well, there's no accounting for taste, is there?

Since someone asked: yes, Celes > Tina.

Would be interesting to see a ranking of all characters together. Has GAF ever done a FF character ranking vote?

Aeana

Beatrix and Ashe have been the best female characters in the series in my eyes. I wish there was more development for Beatrix, though.

well, there's no accounting for taste, is there?

Since someone asked: yes, Celes > Tina.

Would be interesting to see a ranking of all characters together. Has GAF ever done a FF character ranking vote?

Dozens of times, it feels like.

DaBuddaDa

The only female final fantasy lead of the last decade who still has games being made about her and is the only representative from the current generation is leading. Whoda thunkit.

Verendus

Banned
Lightning? Explains one of the reasons for their birth problem. Such failures don't tend to exist in real life.

Also this:
The only female final fantasy lead of the last decade who still has games being made about her and is the only representative from the current generation is leading. Whoda thunkit.

patapuf

lightning and serah being so high just looks wrong... maybe the old fans just gave up and didn't vote? (wishful thinking)

Freya and beatrix should be first and second.

Top Bottom