• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New official favorite Final Fantasy characters ranking from FFRK 2nd Anniversary

Best Final Fantasy character?

Results are only viewable after voting.

miku

2tkxRN0.jpg

Just found this from the official site

1) Cloud - FFVII
2) Lightning - FFXIII
3) Butz (Bartz) - FFV
4) Yuna - FFX
5) Squall - FFVIII
6) Tidus - FFX
7) Lock (Locke) - FFVI
8) Sephiroth - FFVII
9) Cecil - FFIV
10) Tina (Terra) - FFVI
11) Zidane - FFIX
12) Gilgamesh - FFV
13) Ramza - FFT
14) Kain - FFIV
15) Vivi - FFIX
16) Tifa - FFVII
17) Zack - FFVII
18) Auron - FFX
19) Yuffie - FFVII
20) Aerith - FFVII
21) Onion Knight - FFIII
22) Rinoa - FFVIII
23) Rikku - FFX
24) Edgar - FFVI
25) Rydia - FFIV

FFRK 2nd Anniversary

PK Gaming

YO BARTZ AT #3

It's only natural, considering he is the 2nd best FF protag. All we need now is that sweet, sweet FFV 3DS remake.

Ydelnae

How are you complaining abour Bartz being in third, but say nothing about fucking Lightning being second?

Really? Lightning? I'd rank her as one of the worst.

No, don't get me wrong. I liked Bartz, but how in the world is he more popular than characters like Sephiroth or Squall? It just seems strange.

FFXIII Lightning wasn't that bad, in my opinion. It was with XIII-2 and LR when Lightning became a parody of herself.

Garlador

No, don't get me wrong. I liked Bartz, but how in the world is he more popular than characters like Sephiroth or Squall? It just seems strange.

FFXIII Lightning wasn't that bad, in my opinion. It was with XIII-2 and LR when Lightning became a parody of herself.
I was okay with her in FFXIII myself. Then the sequels hit...

lol

I'm honestly surprised by Bartz being in the top 3, like how? FFV as a game barely gets any acknowledgment from fans.

V is actually really popular in Japan from what I've heard. I'm not that surprised to see Bartz so high.

The west didn't get a good version until much later and it has a more whimsical tone compared to the "epic" games that tend to appeal more to western players.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

I imagine it's extremely tilted due to the game appealing to people who liked the SNES era of Final Fantasy.

I'm sure if you polled Dissidia players you'd get Bartz way lower.

jrcbandit

Do the Japanese have a weird attraction to Lightning? I'd imagine her being on the top of the least popular FF characters for American and European audiences.

Azuran

Banned
What's the appeal to Lightning? Is it her looks?

What's the appeal of Cloud? Is it his sword?

But considering this site is full of gaming hipsters, I'm not surprised most people here don't see what makes Lightning so popular.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
How can "You don't need a reason to help people" Zidane be so low? Biggest surprise of the list for me.

Pancake Mix

What's the appeal to Lightning? Is it her looks?

Reminder that she looked like an androgynous 80's rock star when first shown off at E3 '06.

final-fantasy-xiii-20060515032424448.jpg

I think people were still intrigued about her back then so I doubt that's it.

HMD

What do they like about Lightning? Her look was sort of cool in the original reveal trailer but they downgraded the shit out of her in her pink hair redesign. Don't get me started on the abominations in XIII-2 and LR.

Her personalty is the most bland thing I've ever seen, so boring and unoriginal. I really don't get it.

mortal

Gold Member
V is actually really popular in Japan from what I've heard. I'm not that surprised to see Bartz so high.

The west didn't get a good version until much later and it has a more whimsical tone compared to the "epic" games that tend to appeal more to western players.
I see, that makes sense being a Japanese list and all.

Locke more popular than Sephiroth? Bartz too. How?
I would rate Lightning bottom tier, but whatever, her fans will always vote for her. At least Terra made top 10.

Pancake Mix

What do they like about Lightning? Her look was sort of cool in the original reveal trailer but they downgraded the shit out of her in her pink hair redesign.

She had (admittedly no quite as colourful) pink hair in her reveal at E3 '06, check the post above yours.

Azuran

Banned
Cloud at #1 I can at least deal with, but Lightning at 2? Shit belongs at the absolute bottom of the list.

Translation: I like FF7 better than FF13 so I don't mind if the main character is on top even thought he far from the best in series.

Noi

Joke list, can't even be bothered to read past Bartz at #3. Even if you really like V as a game he has no personality

Of all the things to complain about Bartz and his appearances across multiple games, a lack of personality isn't one of them.

Top Bottom