• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan ranks their favorite female characters from Final Fantasy

ohlawd

Quistis, mothereffing Quistis.

It's a no brainer really. I like Rinoa but when you can choose between Rinoa and Quistis.... oh holy father preach to me!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Agrais >>> Ashe

I liked most everyone from FFXII, but I honestly couldn't get into her.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I forgot to add to the original post: Aerith and Yuna lost to Lightning by only two votes.

They said there was a list of 46 candidates with a lot of ties, do we know what those are. I dislike how they showed 32 ranks for males and only 17 for the females.

Verendus

Banned
I forgot to add to the original post: Aerith and Yuna lost to Lightning by only two votes.
This poll is beginning to sound worse and worse. We already know there were a lot of ties.

Do you know how many votes there actually were by chance? Seems like there must have been a very small number.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
They said there was a list of 46 candidates with a lot of ties, do we know what those are. I dislike how they showed 32 ranks for males and only 17 for the females.

No, they got lazy. I know for a fact that some people wrote in votes for characters like Fang and Stella though. Unfortunately SE took down the forum already.

I'm half convinced the people preferring Quistis over Rinoa have a teacher/whip fetish. >_>

Squall did the ethical thing.
A lot of us were probably young enough that Quistis was what birthed the fetish in the first place. ;-)

I kid. But I do like her whip. =O

RE: ethics. Well he was graduating when she came on to him, so there wouldn't really have been any conflict of interest at that point.

RE: ethics. Well he was graduating when she came on to him, so there wouldn't really have been any conflict of interest at that point.

I can kind of see where she's coming from. Squall and Quistis were essentially co-workers.

That said hooking up with Rinoa was also unethical because you shouldn't fraternize with clients like that.

In the end...he still should have went with Quistis.

I'm half convinced the people preferring Quistis over Rinoa have a teacher/whip fetish. >_>

Squall did the ethical thing.

Edit: Huh, she was only a year older than Squall. Still unethical.

I have no preference (Selphie is my favorite female from 8) but the main issue is Rinoa has a very grating personality. She gets the group in trouble several times and is just really annoying.

WHERE THE HELL IS FRAN.

images

Should have been the correct answer.

God damnit. Japan really didn't appreciate FF XII, huh?

First characters should have been Balthier and Fran respectively :I

Btw, I came in the thread thinking "Oh Japan, please don't disappoint me - please don't be lightning."

I can kind of see where she's coming from. Squall and Quistis were essentially co-workers.

That said hooking up with Rinoa was also unethical because you shouldn't fraternize with clients like that.

In the end...he still should have went with Quistis.
Yeah, I'd say hooking up w/a client is way more unethical than w/a co-worker, but there are so many shades of grey in this sort of thing.

EDIT: Plus, by mid-game, her relationship to Squall was essentially the same as Rinoa's: followers to his lead in a ragtag band of amnesiac world savers.

I don't really like Selphie myself, but her electronic bulletin board and attempts to make "Booyaka" a thing were kind of endearing. It carried over into her Dissidia persona as well, and she was amusing there.

legacyzero

Banned
WHERE THE HELL IS FRAN.

images

Should have been the correct answer.

God damnit. Japan really didn't appreciate FF XII, huh?

First characters should have been Balthier and Fran respectively :I

Btw, I came in the thread thinking "Oh Japan, please don't disappoint me - please don't be lightning."

WAIT NO FRAN?

Yeah, fuck this list. Easily top 5 material.

Her feelings developed while she had a position of power over him.
I don't really like Selphie myself, but her electronic bulletin board and attempts to make "Booyaka" a thing were kind of endearing. It carried over into her Dissidia persona as well, and she was amusing there.
Yeah, the bulletin board gave her some more depth.

Her feelings developed while she had a position of power over him.

Yeah, the bulletin board gave her some more depth.
But she didn't attempt to act on them until he was no longer her student.

I mean, you're right ofc. If this was real life, I'd be creeped out by her behavior (though it would be significantly mitigated by the fact that she's a very young teacher and only a year his senior in age) but since it's not I just focus on the fact that she has a whip and knee high boots and glasses, and Rinoa is kind of annoying for the first half of the game.

But she didn't attempt to act on them until he was no longer her student.

I mean, you're right ofc. If this was real life, I'd be creeped out by her behavior (though it would be significantly mitigated by the fact that she's a very young teacher and only a year his senior in age) but since it's not I just focus on the fact that she has a whip and knee high boots and glasses, and Rinoa is kind of annoying for the first half of the game.
It's not a big deal, just thought it'd be an amusing talking point. Rinoa is more annoying during the later parts of the game when she becomes a damsel in distress/plot device.

Top Bottom