• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan ranks their favorite female characters from Final Fantasy

anaron

2. Aerith

iT72q.png

At least the holy summoning queen Aerisus best character in the series ranked highly.

Well I guess I shouldn't be too surprised by everyone's shock at Lightning(ah AH! see what I did there?) getting the number one spot. I haven't played FFXIII but opinions about the characters and game itself seem so polarized. I would never have guessed Lightning winning because is this. There aren't some more universally admired females in the series? I guessed the list would be dominated by VII and X characters. Aerith or Tifa for example seem like such a safe answer for favorite female in the Final Fantasy universe. To think how out of touch I am... *sigh*

I will put in some support for Agrias and her fans as well. I'm surprised just how much I think she stacks up against the other characters in the series. She is an important character without a doubt but the story doesn't continually revolve around her like Yuna for instance. She just looks badass and tough as nails and has the all business attitude to compliment it. She is the first playable character with unique sword skills too which earned much respect the first time I played. It's enough for me!

Will the FFXIII saga end with this gen?

Please let it end. I want to like Final Fantasy again.

You do realise that Squaresoft died ten years ago, right?

There hasn't been a final fantasy game since then. It's almost exclusively different people now who make these games and write the music for it.

It's naive to expect anything akin to the older games ever again.

UberTag

Based on this data, I conclude that Lightning Returns will outsell FFXIII-2 in Japan.
(
It will sell worse than FFXIII-2 over the rest of the world.
)

CorvoSol

How in the hell does SERAH beat out RYDIA?

Oh well, I can't complain too much, because Agrias is on the list and Krile is not.

Who am I kidding Eiko is on that list garbage tier confirmed.

Goldenhen

Well there is now more reason to make Lightning Saga video games plus I have a feeling that Lightning Return will sell more than XIII-2 due to the fact Lightning isn't exactly playable after the first 20 mins.

LuuKyK

Well there is now more reason to make Lightning Saga video games plus I have a feeling that Lightning Return will sell more than XIII-2 due to the fact Lightning isn't exactly playable after the first 20 mins.

?

What? Your last sentence doesnt really make sense...

CorvoSol

Nah, severely overrated, a lot of her character popularity comes from people extrapolating from one or two lines into this rich tapestry.

Celes is just Terra for girls people who think Terra isn't the queen badass she is.

I love that Agrias made the list lol.

It's the saving grace of the list. The Japanese kids who voted for her are the chosen few who will be saved.

Can't disagree with this.

Eiko is so bad. She's like Rydia if Rydia had never become hot awesome.

ohlawd

Why is Lulu nowhere to be seen on this list? Hottest FF character ever!

the male list goes up to 32 so iunno why the females got the shaft with half.

If the female list did go up to 32, Lulu would be 18-32 which is unacceptable. Even lolYuna is #3.

CorvoSol

Some people really loved FF 13 in fact. Look at Petedorr for example. Its in his top 10 of that year. Number 1 I think even.

I wouldn't say loved, but I did like XIII, and as long as you play XIII-2 and understand that it's all a drug-induced nightmare Lightning is having, it's not that bad.

It's the saving grace of the list. The Japanese kids who voted for her are the chosen few who will be saved.
They can join us Alice fans in rebuilding the new world order.

Eiko is so bad. She's like Rydia if Rydia had never become hot awesome.
I did find her ending a little touching, when she gets adopted by Cid and Hilda. Maybe having parents and a semi-normal childhood from here on out will make her less awful eventually.

I wouldn't say loved, but I did like XIII, and as long as you play XIII-2 and understand that it's all a drug-induced nightmare Lightning is having, it's not that bad.
Lightning needs to lay off the bottle, as we all know...

these polls are worthless if they have voters who never played more than 2 FF games. they have to prove that every member has played through every game to be eligible.

no need to get riled up over it.

Raonak

Banned
List made me realise that most FF females are shit. Actually, most FF characters are shit, bar Zack, Laguna and Auron.

EDIT: Forgot about Fang. she should've definetly won.
EDIT2: Holy shit, thoes reaction gifs are hilarious

Stark

Banned
lol that place oh man. I hate the cat news.... they're so damn predictable. That joke ran its course waaaay back.

The comments are a cesspool of annoying anons. And haha yes. Almost as bad as the frequent Aya Hirano articles. Love the TLR stuff everytime it hits though.

CorvoSol

They can join us Alice fans in rebuilding the new world order.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmalice. Seriously though, Agrias needs more respect in the series. People complain about the lack of strong female characters and forget that there's Agrias Oaks, who, until you pick up Cid Orlandeau, is the strongest character in FFT.

I did find her ending a little touching, when she gets adopted by Cid and Hilda. Maybe having parents and a semi-normal childhood from here on out will make her less awful eventually.
She's still just a not hot awesome Rydia.

Lightning needs to lay off the bottle, as we all know...

Filling herself with alcohol is likely the only way she can cope with Hope trying to feel her up all the time. Like, Hope comes up and is all "See Light! I'm a MAN now! I have a neck tie and a job and people respect me!" And she's all *SWIG*.

Lightning actually had a terrible sex life in which men would always call her by some other woman's name. Hope called her mom and started crying half-way through. Kain called her Rosa twice. Firion probably called her Hilda. And when Toriyama called her by her name she probably started crying.

At some point the booze had proven inefficient to help her cope, so Lightning swore off men forever, changed her name, adopted a new code name on top of that (cuz she gotta have a code name) dyed her hair gray and skipped down forever. She kept the bicycle shorts though.
/obscure reference to Seven.

The background character? She sure is as memorable as Penelo.

Oh HECK NAW. As of Dissidia: Final Fantasy Penelo has way more personality than Fran. She's sassy.

Top Bottom