• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan ranks their favorite female characters from Final Fantasy

Ghazi

So I'm guessing that either Toriyama himself or a cubicle of monkeys he hired made fake Facebook accounts so Toriyama could feel good about his waifu.

Persona86

Banned
This is only going to make Toriyama more willing to show off some more of Lightning. Expect at least three more games with Lightning.

Well Lightning's XIII series has about as much plotholes as much as Zack has holes in his body.

Jon-Stewart-saying-Oh-Snap.gif

Replicant

Mqjd2.png

I love how this poll manage to rile up FF-Gaf who still refuses to see the GREATNESS that is Lightning-sama. Now they've been proven wrong, they're running around like a bunch of headless chooks, wondering why their basic faves can't even make it into top 3 or even top 10. But fear not for GODning is merciful and would forgive those who repent. Praise be LIGHTNING.

In short, what the OP said:

tumblr_mfb8hbNTuM1qblvxio1_500.gif

Tizoc

Yeah no, pretty sure Light being #1 had some cheating involved.
...unless Japan REALLY likes the big sister archtype that Lightning is.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Rosa will always be my favorite, but Final Fantasy II on the SNES (or IV if you like) was a right place, right time sort of game for me growing up.

The Tales of rankings should of prepared us for the disappointment, folks.

Has something of Lightning really not made the translation from Japanese? She's barely a character! Remember all those great Lightning quotes? Remember all her opinions, idiosyncrasies, and quirks? No! She's like a blank slate. I beat FF13, and couldn't tell you the first thing about her other than she thinks Snow is immature.

Which is wierd as "subtlety" and "wildly famous JRPG character" don't often mix.

urfe

I find it interesting that Celes is better than Terra.

I wonder how much the suicide scene has to do with that (it was powerful stuff that went over my head).

I always found Celes's sprite to look so... strong and daunting.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Terra and Beatrix should both be higher, though I suppose the latter is not up there because she's not a permanent party member. :/

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't get the #1 spot either, but remember, only those with a SE Members Japan forum account could vote anyway.

My top two are probably Yuna and Ashe though. She's way too low on that Japanese list.

Top Bottom