• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan ranks their favorite female characters from Final Fantasy

At least it suggests Japan has a palette for more "masculine" female characters. Lightning may not be a great character in of herself, but without her we probably wouldn't have gotten Mila Maxwell in Tales of Xillia or future more independent female leads, when in the past female characters have been relegated to more supportive roles.

/positive take

Elixist

Auron at 17? 17? fuuuu
fliptable.gif

LuuKyK

Maybe this is why we have been geting lots of crap games from SE. Japan has an epidimic of poo brain goin on.

Going a bit too far there, come on... just because people like things you dont doesnt mean they have poo brains or whatever you are trying to say.

I'm not surprised. Lightning has been the face of the franchise for 7 fucking years. If we had Zell games for that long he'd probably be the top ranking male

If Ashe had a booty. Oh lawd

I liked that she had her on agenda and wasn't trying to fuck someone in the party. Fran was cool as hell too

Too bad they couldn't be in a game with a real plot ;_;

LuuKyK

If Ashe had a booty. Oh lawd

I liked that she had her on agenda and wasn't trying to fuck someone in the party. Fran was cool as hell too

Too bad they couldn't be in a game with a real plot ;_;

Fran > Ashe.

Actually just Fran's voice is better than Ashe imo as they are both cool in their way. Her voice was really really sexy.

I liked all these characters, to some extent:

1. Yuna (hate the voice acting, but a good character)
2. Garnet/Dagger
3. Aries
4. Rinoa
5.Tina/Terra
6. Celes
7. Rydia
8. Quistis

Beatrix is cool too but she doesn't stay with the party the whole time so I don't know if I'd count her or not.

Beren

I liked all these characters, to some extent:

1. Yuna (hate the voice acting, but a good character)
2. Garnet/Dagger
3. Aries
4. Rinoa
5.Tina/Terra
6. Celes
7. Rydia
8. Quistis

Beatrix is cool too but she doesn't stay with the party the whole time so I don't know if I'd count her or not.
I like that list, also Quina deserves a spot too :(
QuinaNormal.jpg

"I do what I want! You have problem!?"
Yes is a she :)

hypernima

Banned
Beatrix and Ashe have been the best female characters in the series in my eyes. I wish there was more development for Beatrix, though.

I literally came in here to post this?
Seriously though, they were some of the strongest female characters in the series will wise.
And Balthier and Auron being so low? Really?

Beren

Quina is genderless.

At least that's what the wiki tells me.

But she equips female only accesories and stuff lol!

Also (FFVIX Spoilerage):
On Conde Petie, you can get her to marry Vivi, and Zidane says, "only a man and a woman can receive the blessing"
:O

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Glad to see Agrias on there, even if she is ranked the lowest.

jaxword

Celes is an awful character, it's just that she has no voice or body language so most people do not realize it. Her and Terra's dialogue would be grating. Love, what is looooooooooove, I want looooooooooooove.

What a boring list. Where is my goddess Lulu? And my other goddess Quistis? And my secret goddess Harley?

I really wish Square Enix USA would do a similar poll.

Top Bottom