• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New official favorite Final Fantasy characters ranking from FFRK 2nd Anniversary

Best Final Fantasy character?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nerokis

Lightning has been the most prominent FF character for the better part of a decade now. Even longer counting promotional material. It makes sense that enough people chose her to put her at #2 among 25 characters, even if she's polarizing overall. Kinda like how Obama has been chosen Most Admired Man in America even at his least popular. And before him, George W. Bush.

Admittedly, she also has her good points. Really good design, a powerful female character, and among the least offensive of the FFXIII crew. It's revealing that not a single other FFXIII character made the list.

Ebris

List is invalidated due to no Godbert.

D5UEak2.gif

Jennipeg

Why did you directly quote lightning herself? Lol, and Toriyama too?

In fairness I had completely forgotten about that scene, so it was a good reminder. It's where she reveals her name is Claire isn't it? Not exactly a deep character, it was the type of character arc reserved for a member of the supporting cast not the games poster girl. That said I don't hate her, and I liked XIII.

I think they chose to put plot above character in this one, the only problem is the plot wasn't brilliantly handled either. Reading data logs with the aid of a telescope because the text was so small was not fun.

Where is Balthier? How can they have a list without the leading man?

It just occurred to me that Snow is Balthier turned up to 11. Take away Balthier's charm, talent and and self awareness and he is the same type of character as insufferable Snow.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
No XII characters?

Not surprising though, they weren't really exciting except for Balthier.

Top Bottom